• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking with band

I have just watched Peter O'briens 8 golden rules on you tube as recommended by my surgeon Mr Sigurdsson. Everywhere I have read no liquids when eating but he says it's ok and even says you can a glass of wine with your meal ??? I am confused now!

Hello there fellow bander

I am about 9 months out atm and I would find it impossible too drink and eat at the same time, it is not advised too eat and drink at same time from my provider and I always follow their rules, if it comes down to choice then I'd rather have a meal then drink ( if intending to go for a meal of course)I tend to order a drink as soon as I get in there so there is about 20/30 before eating (after drinking) HTH xx

I follow my providers rules, they say drink before eating then wait a while (I wait 30 mins) before having a drink. This is for 2 reasons: the fluid will push your food through quicker making you feel less full/hungry, and if the fluid backs up it may come back up (and believe me it's not an experience I'll repeat, I was at work when it happened to me and had to run to the bathroom).
Hope this helps :) xx

Ive been told that if you drink and eat at the same time you cause the food to pass through the band faster and in return you get hungrier faster between meals.

I know it hard at this time of year with the hot weather.

My provider says 30 minutes before a meal and 30 minutes after. I find this really difficult in the mornings in terms of time. I am not a morning person:D.

Chopster do you have a link to the You tube video of the 8 golden rules?

tranquil x

tranquil_butterfly said:
My provider says 30 minutes before a meal and 30 minutes after. I find this really difficult in the mornings in terms of time. I am not a morning person:D.

Chopster do you have a link to the You tube video of the 8 golden rules?

tranquil x

Don't know how to post a link as I looked at You Tube on my phone & am on it now. I just searched 'Paul O'brien gastric band' and it was in 4 parts. It explains how the band tricks the sensors at the top of your stomach which works completely different to how I thought it did

I was told no drinking 10 mins before which is easy & then 30 mins after which j do find hard :( x

Back