• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry skin

clar01

Hi guys

I seem to be getting very dry skin all over my body and I'm thinking it might be a result of the bypass, I drink lots of water but maybe need to moisturise more.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Omg me too and i'm only 4 wks post op. I've also noticed that some area's on my body look really wrinkly(bingo wings,bottom part of tum) hope it settles

I have bad dry skin since my bypass, hands r the worst, cream cream and more cream

Does anyone know why we get drier skin after a bypass?? I thought it might be because we arent getting enough fat in anymore?? and if so would a skin supplement help??

Hi all

I have recently been researching, and subsequently bought, pure virgin coconut oil. If you have not heard of it before , then google it! The benefits are incredible, but I can also confirm it is simply amazing as a body moisturiser.

You can use it for pretty much anything, I was originally looking at it for hair loss/breakage and can be used as a hot oil treatment.

Whilst I'm on the subject of hair loss (which I also researched) biotin supplements seem to completely cure the problem! I've just had mine delivered today so I shall let you all know how I get on

Hope these nuggets of info may help someone else!

Bex x

Hi all

I have recently been researching, and subsequently bought, pure virgin coconut oil. If you have not heard of it before , then google it! The benefits are incredible, but I can also confirm it is simply amazing as a body moisturiser.

You can use it for pretty much anything, I was originally looking at it for hair loss/breakage and can be used as a hot oil treatment.

Whilst I'm on the subject of hair loss (which I also researched) biotin supplements seem to completely cure the problem! I've just had mine delivered today so I shall let you all know how I get on

Hope these nuggets of info may help someone else!

Bex x

I also researched and heard about Biotin - which brand did you go for and what was the cost/supplier if you don't mind me asking? I'll look forward to hearing how you got on with it :) x

Wow this is the first time I've heard abt getting dry skin!!!! I knew abt the possible hair loss but not dryness,all this info is great thanks guys x

Very interesting Bex! I will get the oil on order this weekend and will also order the supplements as my hair is falling out rapidly.

Please let me know how you get on xxxx

I ordered natrol biotin 10'000mcg max strength 100 tablets which was £9.95 from amazon, but I also got a 5,000mcg in 30 tablets as apparantly some people who start off max strength can get acne hence the lower strength build up!

I cannot recommend the coconut oil high enough as well- I shall of course let you know how I get on, I'm only day 2 :)

Hi all,I too am suffering with dry skin and a rash on my chest and upper back.have done for the last 8 weeks,Just wondering if this is temporary and does it improve,cos its cracking me up now,would be interested to know what actually causes our skin to react this way!

I have very dry skin so I use this really thick body lotion I found in Aldi which seems to do the trick!! cheap and cheerful

I need to get this sorted today, do much of my gaur fell out this morning it made me cry! I have lovely long blonde thick hair but its thinning from the front. No one else has noticed but me, but its heartbreaking! Xxx

Oh clar01 I really feel for you. How long ago did u have your op?? I'm having mine 5 march. But spoke to surgeon last week told him my main concern we losing my hair!! He said as long as I took my vitamins and got enough protein that It shouldn't really happen and if it did it would generally only be for the first 6 month as the body has to deal with so much change!! I really do feel for xxxx

Had my bypass surgery 18 months ago,i have since suffered from red skin on hands,i assumed it was the medication i was on,knowing that a lot of fellow bypass patients have the same symptoms as me has shocked me,has anyone any idea what causes this,i keep being prescribed lotions from doctors but the redness still persists,would cod liver oil help.

Izzyanne I was thinking that .... Wouldn't a really thick moisturiser do the trick??

Well it works for me!!! I am basically cheap, so try the cheap things first!!!
The Aldi one is called Lacura body lotion, 500 mls and smells lovely, looks a bit like nivea bottle, my back is the worse so hubby gets the job of slathering it
on !!!

I think the Lacurs stuff is very good. I have Wrinkle Stop, Wrinkle Filler with Collagen, Day Cream, Night Cream, a throat and bust cream and a Serum. All less than a fiver each and got good write up's a beauty magazine. I'm very pleased with them so far !
The coconut oil sounds very good.
I have double base shower cream and double base moisturising gel on prescription for my dry skin .

Back