• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dumping syndrome

jackothechef

hi guys
was wandering if anyone could help have severe pain in stomach not been sick but feel like everything is coming back up ,had no diarreah but severe stomach cramps and tightness around wound and scared there is a blockage what should i do seen gp given me pain killers buscupan and strong antibiotics .
scared i may be readmitted

please help

Oh dear, so sorry you arent feeling too well. Im a bander so cant really say or advise. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help.

Hope you feel better soon x

Is it trapped wind. I know I had an emergency Doc's appointment due to severe pain and they put it down to trapped wind?

Hi Jacko if you are in a LOT of pain then it is advisable you go to the hospital or at the very least contact the dept that undertook the surgery. It is still early days and could be trapped wind but you had better seek medical advice.

By the way, you've titled this thread 'dumping syndrome' and I was wondering have you eaten something you shouldn't have?

Hope your feeling better soon, take care.

What your describing doesnt sound like dumping syndrome to me hun. Dumping can be vomiting, diarrhoea, sweats and the only thing to cure is a little sleep?

Hvae you tried gripe water, windeze and a hot water bottle?If it's wind this should cure it, if the pain continues ring the hosp:confused:

You get on the phone to your bariatric team asap. Nobody should leave post op pain especially when your so newly post op at that. Its always better safe than sorry.

Those certainly are not the symptoms of dumping and assuming you are still on fluids you can't have anything stuck. You can however have a blockage (stricture) or an abcess. Please go and get checked and let us know how you get on.

hi guys
i rang hospital but they just told me to ring gp which i did and he gave me antibiotics buscupan and said take pain killers.
when i lie down i can feel stuff travelling back up .
the pain is so severe dont know what to do as local hospital dont know anything about gastric bypass

it sounds like wind but please ring your team asap to make sure everything is ok x x x

hi guys
i rang hospital but they just told me to ring gp which i did and he gave me antibiotics buscupan and said take pain killers.
the pain is so severe dont know what to do as local hospital dont know anything about gastric bypass

Get your arse down to your local AE and get a proper examination. It sounds like wind or maybe a mild infection but you, hell WE!! need to be sure. Don't mess about no one will think you've over reacted, unless you fart and then feel ok of course

Seriously you need to reassure yourself you are ok.

hi guys

Ring them back and insist they see you, or present yourself at the A&E of the hospital that did your surgery. Do not waste your time with your own GP or your own hospital. I did that and ended up in a mess.

They have a responsibility towards you and a duty of care. Don't mess about, force them to see you. If they still refuse contact the hospitals PALS or the Chief Exec. Don't put up with pain, this doesn't sound right at all.

Definately take the above advice! Best to be safe than sorry!

phoned st richards they told me to go to local a&e which idid and they just gave me anti sickness tablets which i cant keep down i live 2 hours away from st richards what do i do
:mad:

honey i really dont know what you can do but ring your hosbital again and tell them a&e did not help as you can not keep the tablets down sorry not to be much help x x x

Back