• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating Alot!!!!!!

trine57

Need some reassurance. 3 weeks since band fitted and I feel I can eat alot more - I know the books say this but I cannot help feeling I could eat alot more than I am but stop myself!!!!

its normal the swelling will be now going and your band will be empty, normal eating habbits tend to return till the 1st fill just be carefull with your food choices between now and then xx

its normal the swelling will be now going and your band will be empty, normal eating habbits tend to return till the 1st fill just be carefull with your food choices between now and then xx
Liz,
Thanks for your reply presumably you mean by food choices - high protein low CHOs and watch calorie intake. Is that what you meant?:)

thats what i meant as bad food choices weight regain may occur just be aware of what your putting in your mouth because as before, its about about whats consumed, learning to live with a band starts properly once the fills start then you can learn what restriction really is and how to deal with it x

i,m the same 4 weeks post band and can eat like normal, i,m trying not to but its so hard, cant wait fo rmy first fill

i,m the same 4 weeks post band and can eat like normal, i,m trying not to but its so hard, cant wait fo rmy first fill
Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same as me. Sarah - When is your band fill?

Hey there

Isnt it weird how some people can eat the same as before and yet I can't , even without a fill (not that I am complaining) Just gr8 ful .

For example Yesterday I had a ocean fish pie ready meal for dinner (small one for 1 person)and I left about 30% of it I was really full and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I was satisfied till the next day .

Like today for lunch I had one faggot with some gravy (@ about 2pm) and small amount of mash ( enough for about a 2/3 yr old) , I ate it all and I am still satisfied and not had me dinner yet.

Its a funny old business this body lark lol. Good luck anyway - All the best - MeJulie x

yep, me too. i can eat loads more.
i had 2 days where i ate quite a bit (but better choices than before). they were last week too & i still managed to lose 2lbs.
ive been good this week...but still feeling hungry a lot..ive just been keeping myself busy & not having time to eat.
i cant wait for me band fill on 7th september!

Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same as me. Sarah - When is your band fill?

oh but also my portion sizes have been really small. i think i do need bigger portion sizes to keep me going a bit longer, or just smaller ones more often..but when i do that, i feel like all ive done is eat or drink all day.

oh but also my portion sizes have been really small. i think i do need bigger portion sizes to keep me going a bit longer, or just smaller ones more often..but when i do that, i feel like all ive done is eat or drink all day.

Hi emma.

All I do is eat until I feel full/restricted and then I stop and dont eat another mouthful and I also follow the rule of no drinking fluids 30 mins before/during/after a meal sometimes I leave it longer then 30 mins, considering beforehand I used to have a drink with every meal, but tbh I havent missed it all . HTH - MeJulie xx

oh while fellow banders are in this thread...can i ask..do you not drink for an hour before your meals as well as the hour after?
ive been told to have 4-6 small meals a day, but im not allowed to have anything to drink an hour before & an hour after food. if i had 6 meals a day it'd take me 12 hours of constant going at it to fit it all in.

now im starting to doubt myself about the hour before eating, because surely a drink would just slip through the band anyway before the food went into the pouch.

Hi emma.

All I do is eat until I feel full/restricted and then I stop and dont eat another mouthful and I also follow the rule of no drinking fluids 30 mins before/during/after a meal sometimes I leave it longer then 30 mins, considering beforehand I used to have a drink with every meal, but tbh I havent missed it all . HTH - MeJulie xx

haha! i was just asking this exact question!

until your band has restriction you are really doing all the work yourself except for the swelling. I lost about 2 stone before my first fill but I think mine was all psychological especially with what I know now about my first band.

Just as Liz said keep to good food choices and you will be fine just see if you can book in for your fill as soon as allowed. I was scared to eat silly stuff as I kept having visions of the bnd slipping if I was naughty so that helped.

You will be fine just right choices untill you get your belt and braces to make it harder to eat.

Keep going xx

Thanks for all your advice. As far as fluids are concerned my dietitian said drink up to 15mins before food and leave an hour after food. That way you are able to get the recommended fluid intake during the day x

until your band has restriction you are really doing all the work yourself except for the swelling. I lost about 2 stone before my first fill but I think mine was all psychological especially with what I know now about my first band.

Just as Liz said keep to good food choices and you will be fine just see if you can book in for your fill as soon as allowed. I was scared to eat silly stuff as I kept having visions of the bnd slipping if I was naughty so that helped.

You will be fine just right choices untill you get your belt and braces to make it harder to eat.

Keep going xx

Jayney,

How are things going for you? Band tight enough??? Losing lots of weight? x x

i was told not to drink 15mins before food an an hour afterwards. I do find thsi strange as am used to drinking with a meal

I was told i could drink 20 mins before a meal & 1 hour after .....althou i've had my band over a year i still stick to this !!! & it seem's to work for me. Good luck to all you newish banders

Hi

I was the same as Julie and found that I was eating so much less that just the drop in volume of food was helping me lose and making it easy to make good choices.

I went for my first fill appointment but decided against having one and didnt actually have one until 5 months post band.

Everyone is different but you will feel more restricted after your fill, although one might not be enough to get you to the sweet spot.

Good luck x

Back