• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating out

Hargs

Hi all

I am wondering how you manage to eat out with friends and family who do not know about surgery? I have previously has a gastric band and could hid it by choosing foods that went down quite easily. Not that I have a sleeve I am unsure how I would hide the fact that I have had surgery. Just curious

Butterfly_lady

Hi all

I am wondering how you manage to eat out with friends and family who do not know about surgery? I have previously has a gastric band and could hid it by choosing foods that went down quite easily. Not that I have a sleeve I am unsure how I would hide the fact that I have had surgery. Just curious

I suppose it depends if its a one off occasion you could be getting over a tummy upset and your tummy is still a bit fragile so you are only having a starter or a plain salad, if its more of a regular thing then using the "dieting" excuse (well you are losing weight) :D

Hargs

Think people will get suspicious or start nagging. I am a low bmi as I did have a band that slipped then I have regained about 30lb. I am a week and a half post op and I am having regrets. Just think my life will not be the same again. I did think about this for three years now just feel so down about it. Is this normal?

paddyp

4.5 weeks out from bypass and ate out last night at a harvester. Food was actually rank which is unusual from past experience but I had a childrens meal - chicken wings with small jacket potato and beans. Removed the chicken from the wings, discarded the bones and skin obviously then took some of the potato out and mashed it with the beans, chewed the whole thing very well and voila! As if by magic I ate about 1/3 of a childrens meal and enjoyed it too. Sx

Hargs

That's going. As you can see I have about 5 threads running ha. Just so many questions. Children's meals are quite big sometimes