• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ellzee, Journey to find the REAL me

I hope I get a fancy room tomorrow, my next job of the day is to get me some fancy pants of the Cotton variety obviously.

Hope you are doing alright Laura.

XxX

All gone ok, not too sore at all yet but I have had morphine. Had a few spoonfuls of carrot and coriander soup which was yummy. Been to the loo once but got very dizzy and petrified of being sick. Blood pressure down to 80/60 so they're keeping me in a bit longer to keep an eye on me but overall it's going very well.
You'll do fab tomorrow Denise, I'll be thinking of you xx

Well done hunni ...........i was the same on getting up but it passed quickly :) Take the pain med if needed your in best place hun rest rest rest X X X
teddy gl for tomorrow ooooh fancy pants LOL

Ooh fancy pants! I can beat that with my sexy socks!! x

Attachments

• image-2723948996.jpg
    image-2723948996.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 23
That us a fancy sock you are rocking there! Turns out fancy pants only come in boring colours! So I will be wearing black boring cotton pants with my fancy socks!!

I am so glad you feel good Laura, that fills me with do much excitement, it's chased all my worries away, not that I have that many!

Well done you. How is your BP doing?

XxX

BP a little better, 96 over something. And I've shuffled over to the loo on my own now which was ok. Taken 2 paracetamol and a codeine, all went down ok. Hoping to be sent home soon but I reckon all the nurses are watching the tennis!
Still not too uncomfortable at all, just wish I could put my bra on to stop my big saggy boobs touching my wounds haha!
You'll be fab tomorrow, I know it x

I am thinking of taking a sports bra, they are a bit more comfy than an under wired bra!

Glad you have managed the loo, always a positive. BP sounds like it's coming round. Not long till you will be on your way home.

I have to leave home at 5am, check in is at 7am, with only water after midnight and no water after 5am. So I am planning on getting up at 4, bath then setting off, Neil has suggested we stop at a services so he can have a breakfast! Like chuff we will! He can bring some toast in the car then he will probably sleep most of the way.

Thanks for your reassurance Laura, I really appreciate it.

Just gets lots of rest and fluids, have they said what you have to do food wise post op!

XxX

I'm home!!! Feel surprisingly ok and just sipping an actimel.
Time for me to sleep, it's been a long day.
Keep me updated tomorrow , and screw your husband an his breakfast. He can go nil by mouth in support!! How was the overall exante weight loss? x

I am so pleased that you are home and feeling ok'ish! You are bound to be tired.

There is not a car in Hells chance I will be stopping at a service station when I can't eat or bloody drink!

Exante wise it was 3lb, so not quite the ginormous weight loss I would like, it will be interesting what we say next Friday !

Just realised I haven't packed my bag, so just having 10 more minutes with the TV then I will sort my bag and then it's up the apples and pears to blanket fair!

Sleep tight!
XxX

Nice smoothie for breakfast that I made up and froze before going into hospital. I probably over estimated the portions as I barely managed a third of this but that was the whole idea of the op so I'm not complaining.
Had an ok nights sleep but was up by 4. A little uncomfortable so I topped up my painkillers and I'm feeling ok now.
Everybody have a great day!! Especially you Denise, I hope your drive to Birmingham is going ok. I can't imagine there'll be much traffic this time on a Saturday x

Attachments

• image-2829330157.jpg
    image-2829330157.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 19
Morning Laura. It bodes well that you are up and not in too much pain.

I am just getting settled into my room. Got the fancy socks on!

Just found out I am off at 10:30.

Thanks for checking on me!

XxX

Just had half a weetabix shake and that went down ok. Nearly 6hrs since last pain killers and not feeling too bad unless I try and move around too much.
I think I'm mainly feeling excitement now. I want to get on and start shifting this weight! Come on body, heal quickly so we can exercise and start to do what this was all about!
Not long now, 30mins and you'll be wheeling on down to theatre. I actually placed myself on the operating table which was weird but nice to see the actual room and meet all the helpers.
Good luck xxx

So glad it went well for you and your pain levels are good. I was the same with my Bp. Even though I had my op hours before hubby had his I wasn't allowed to get up for ages after my hubby cos my Bp was so low x x

It was strange about my blood pressure as apparently it was text book perfect before we started but I guess it's just one of those side effects. It took a dip then started to climb again and it was back over 100 when they eventually let me go.
So yesterday was a little uncomfortable mainly with bloating and gas, but this morning I woke up and did 3 of the most almighty farts which even woke up my dog sleeping downstairs!! But I don't care, it felt soooo good!
I'm feeling much more comfortable today but the only thing I can't recognise yet is hunger. If I have pains in my stomach I assume it's hunger but I'm starting to realise it probably isn't. I haven't eaten much more than a few teaspoons of anything. The only thing I thought I might have over ate was when I went back to my weetabix shake and drank it through a straw. I think I took too much at each sip probably because it didn't feel like eating so I'll stick to ramekins and teaspoons today.
And I hit the 16st bracket this morning, woohoo!
Everyone have a great day! xx

Ok panicking a little now. Just had a call from the dietician who asked what I'd been eating, which is all liquids, but she said to worry less about the liquid part and just make sure everything is protein based as I will start to feel very poorly.
So I'm starting on more mushy foods from now as opposed to just liquid but I feel really bad as I wanted to do everything perfect and I obviously wasn't.
So I'm just having half a blended Baxters healthy lentil and vegetable soup after a weetabix drink for breakfast. That's a total of 14g protein so far for the day. No idea how I'll get that much higher. Tomorrow I'm going to try scrambled egg made really sloppy for breakfast or she also said I should try porridge. I'm just so scared as I don't want to stretch my pouch or make the band slip. I have to trust their guidance though.
I also got my appointment through for my first check up and possible fill on 11th July. That seems really soon every though they told me it would be 2 weeks.
I don't know, I'm just such a perfectionist and want to do this to the T so I don't jeopardise anything but there is so much conflicting advice I feel very scared. I have to trust what my provider tells me though. They have been very good all the way through and I do trust them. I have the dieticians mobile number too in case I have any more concerns.
Anyone else feeling like this? :( x

Back