• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Errrrr started my milk diet.

You get your 4 pints milk, 1 sachet sf jelly, 1 stock cube, 1 multivitamin and you're allowed coffee, tea and diet drinks freely. On top of your milk you should drink an additional 1.5 litres fluid. You also need to take one a-z complete multivitamin.

Also, you can add sugar free crusha to your milk. If you make up your oxo with milk rather than water it can taste like chicken soup. And also if you make the jelly up with it that uses some of it up and its not half bad.

Awwwwww great ideas my tummy feels like a water balloon and everytime I get up it feel like I'm going to be sick. I quite like the oxo and water tho I had lamb yesterday ha ha. Today was beef lol xx

I used up quite a bit of my milk quota making milky jelly, it felt like I was eating solids, if you get what I mean. I was supposed to have 5 pints a day, but could only ever manage 4. You may get ketosis around the third or fourth day, but it soon goes.

Good luck with it.

If you make the milky jelly, add a small amount of water, enough to dissolve the crystals, then make up to a pint with the milk when it has cooled a bit, enough to stop it from curdling (this uses one of your pints). I used to make four out of a pint and I would have all four in the day. My favourite flavour was the lemon and lime (Hartleys).

Hi
I am on day 6 of milk LSD.
My days so far have been,
Breakfast 1pt skimmed milk, 1 yoghurt and 1 banana
Lunch 1 yoghurt, 1/4 pt sugar free jelly, 1 orange and 1 other fruit.
Tea bowl home made veg soup and 1/4 pt sugar free jelly
Supper 1pt skimmed milk
Tea and coffee through the day.
Have got used to it now but so bored of it.
Looking for some different soup recipes if anyone has any to share.
Only 6 days to go before op.
Cheers
Steve

Mine was 3-4 pints of milk, 2 diet yoghourts, 4 pieces of fruit and one bowl of veg soup x
hi this is what I have to follow too , you know the soup did you make it yourself ? Or use tinned ? Help lol I am useless when it comes to this x

Hi I am on day 6 of milk LSD. My days so far have been, Breakfast 1pt skimmed milk, 1 yoghurt and 1 banana Lunch 1 yoghurt, 1/4 pt sugar free jelly, 1 orange and 1 other fruit. Tea bowl home made veg soup and 1/4 pt sugar free jelly Supper 1pt skimmed milk Tea and coffee through the day. Have got used to it now but so bored of it. Looking for some different soup recipes if anyone has any to share. Only 6 days to go before op. Cheers Steve
What soup did you have did you make it yourself , my diet is exactly the same as yours too , what way do you make up the soup! ? X

So glad I don't have to do the milk diet as I hate milk (altho could poss manage milk shake) think we do a low carb high protein thing!

I did the milk diet too - only mine was a fortnight of milk and yoghurt only. Couldn't have any soup or jelly but could have tea and coffee. I've got to say it was the worst bit of the journey for me. Knowing I could easily eat something and yet knowing I could jeopardise everything if I did. It was well worth it though, surgery all went to plan and here I am two years later feeling like a different person. Keep at it and know that if you get through this you've got through one of the biggest hurdles. Good luck.

I have been on milk diet now 9 days and only lost 5lb but I think it's cos I was on a zero carb diet b4 starting it and lost a stone quickly , then started this pre opp diet which does infact contain carbs in the fruit milk yogurt and soup so I probably will be infact having more than I was b4 following this , 5 lb is 5lb but main thing it's shirking my liver more than loosing weight x

I am on the milk and yoghurt LSD day 9 I have lost a stone and I feel well I'm not hungry but I do crave certain foods vegetables mainly. I am struggling with the types of yoghurt all zero fat have loads of sugar in them. I am trying to stick to the lowest, I have my milk hot with coffee and 2 oxo drinks a day, my diet sheet doesn't mention anything else, so I just have milk yoghurt water and oxo. Still I'm nearly there but a jelly would have been a real treat.

I started Milk Diet last couple days, was on it b4 & found it easy then, but now very hard. I said to myself only have to buy milk, oxos & that so nuffing in fridge & low shop bill. That's how I did it b4. Will try cos op on 22nd

I am finding it more difficult, have just been away in Motorhome for Easter, it caused me to have terrible diarrhea, so had to go on low cal. diet. Back home now so will persevere.

hey im on it as well it only cost you 7 quid a week :D
but did any one tell you that you got to have vitamins with it ?????

I dont know about this milk diet, I myself got lucky and had to follow a diet plan for 3 weeks and managed to lose over 2 stone. I know a lady in a support session who had been following the milk diet and struggled.

I cant understand why all hospitals do it different if it is supposed to achieve the same thing, but they are do the operation so we just trust and don't question them.

Wow! Nicola thats amazing! Well done, I've just seen how much weight you have lost, you are such an inspiration! I am hoping that just over 4 weeks will be plenty to get under the 50BMI, I calculated my BMI as being 52 myself but the surgeon weighed me and said 51.4 so I am aiming at trying to get 21lb off in the 4 weeks. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the worst parts of the whole journey but I also know it will be worth it :) xxx

Oh that's good incentive to keep on it if going to save u so much money!!! Xxx

That is one heck of an incentive, but I never heard of BMI related prices before eek. Well done.

Last edited:
Back