• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

European Health Insurance Card

Muttley1900

Just an idle thought, whilst trying to keep my mind off of food (damn done it again).

I’m trying to understand why some private providers would INSIST that you have your EHIC card when arriving at the Hospital abroad, whilst others don’t really mind if you have one or not.

All of the private providers, I have spoken with, want to make it clear that you are responsible for your own medical insurance (for anything that happens not related to your procedure). So I’m a little confused about the insistence that you have an EHIC card with you also.

For what I’ve seen so far, it isn’t a country specific requirement (some private providers who work in country x ask for it, whilst others don’t).

All of you whom have had a private procedure in Europe, were you asked for the EHIC (used to be the E111), which country were you in at the time and whom was your provider?

Just an idle thought, whilst trying to keep my mind off of food (damn done it again).

I’m trying to understand why some private providers would INSIST that you have your EHIC card when arriving at the Hospital abroad, whilst others don’t really mind if you have one or not.

All of the private providers, I have spoken with, want to make it clear that you are responsible for your own medical insurance (for anything that happens not related to your procedure). So I’m a little confused about the insistence that you have an EHIC card with you also.

For what I’ve seen so far, it isn’t a country specific requirement (some private providers who work in country x ask for it, whilst others don’t).

All of you whom have had a private procedure in Europe, were you asked for the EHIC (used to be the E111), which country were you in at the time and whom was your provider?
I believe its something to do with being treated if you have an accident etc, you need it to be treated in some countries. They're free so no bother x

Oh yes, I understand the it is free and I'm not fussed one way or another about having one as I have quite good travel insurance.

It's just some providers ask for it and others don't.

Did yours? And did you have to show it to anyone?

Oh yes, I understand the it is free and I'm not fussed one way or another about having one as I have quite good travel insurance.

It's just some providers ask for it and others don't.

Did yours? And did you have to show it to anyone?
My provider said to make sure i have one, just in case, no i didnt show it, but they asked if i had it x

It's because you may get hit by a bus and need treatment. It has nothing to do with the surgery you go over for. The more reputable companies always tell you about this. My friend had dentistry done in Poland and was told this as well. She did need it because she fell over on her way to her appointment and needed an xray in casualty.

Back