• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

!!EXERCISE CHALLANGE!!

uglyduck16

My plans are to get back to the gym once a week and aerobics class once a week. Im back swimming once sometimes twice a week and hope to get back to aqua aerobics. Come january im getting two new little girls who are both severly autistic one will be with me 14 nights a month and the other 7 nights a month. Both need constant supervision and are wanderers so dont expect to be very still whilst they are with me. I also have a power plate that i havent been on in months so am going to get back on that at least once a day for 5 mins.

Hiya!
They are some great goals :)
Are you are foster carer? I would love to foster children when i am older, i don't think i would be able to foster children with special needs as severe as that- but i know i want foster. I have been reading books by Cathy Glass where she talks about her fostering experiences and tells the stories of the children she fosters, that is what made me want to foster more instead of adoption- i thought it could be interesting. - not for a long time yet anyway!
Do you notice a difference when you do go on the power plate? My mum has just bought one to help build her bone density up.
Xxx Lizzie xxX

hopelesscase

Hi lizzy yes im a foster carer. Just had a young man move on after 9 yrs he too was severly autistic and had been with me full time. Im going back to doing short break care with these two girls but also have two other children who visit 2 nights a month. I am a single parent with my own 19 yr old son and have been fostering since i was 28 when my own son was 2. I used to be a school matron prior to becoming a mum and saw it as a way as always being there for my son whilst at the same time doing something that i enjoyed. Initially i fostered mainstream teenagers but as the age gap between my own son and some of the children i fostered narrowed i was asked to concider moving over to children with disabilities. One of the young people i support has quadrapegic cerebral palsy and has been in hospital since febuary and i also go to see him every week. I absolutly love my work and wouldnt change it for anything.

As for the power plate I love it and am hoping now i am loosing weight i will be able to be more adventurese on it.

good luck with your plans
carole

phatgirl

Umm, what in the world is a power plate? Are you ladies Power Rangers or something in your spare time? With a name like 'Power Plate' my imagination is going wild...:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:8855::8855::8855:

:D

phatgirl

Oh my, hehehehe. I looked at the link and wow, I had no idea. Do you feel like it works?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
We have them at my gym but my trainer won't let me go on them yet. Hubby uses one though :)

uglyduck16

Umm, what in the world is a power plate? Are you ladies Power Rangers or something in your spare time? With a name like 'Power Plate' my imagination is going wild...:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:8855::8855::8855:

:D

LOL thank you nichole you have really cracked me up!!! :8855::8855::8855:

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
It is easy to join a gym isn't is?! But the hard bit is GOING to it!! You get back there and go it girl!!! :D
When i am recovered properly from this op i want to get back to the gym!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Oh yeh your sooo right...good luck with your gym quest! x

phatgirl

I just finshed Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds 2 mile exercise video. I feel like I just climbed a mountain!
:character00115::character00115::character00115::whacky068::whacky068:

Anyway, no excuses from me about no gym membership or a convenient pool - I have an exercise tool that I can do inside my house. Now if I can move at all tomorrow, I will do it again!!:p

FatGirl2Slim

I just finshed Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds 2 mile exercise video. I feel like I just climbed a mountain!
:character00115::character00115::character00115::whacky068::whacky068:

Anyway, no excuses from me about no gym membership or a convenient pool - I have an exercise tool that I can do inside my house. Now if I can move at all tomorrow, I will do it again!!:p

Hi Phatgirl (I feel a bit rude saying that!)
I can't really walk where I live as I don't know anyone. I just youtubed Leslie Sansone and her routines look good. Thanks:D

phatgirl

She has tons of videos out there with all different fitness goals. I am starting at the beginning so I can do all the stuff. It is a good start. Good luck!:)

FatGirl2Slim

I have just done the 3 minute mini. I am sooo unfit! It can only get better! I might try and buy her full workout after christmas.

phatgirl

So, how is everyone doing with their exercise routine?

I have to admit that I have been spotty with mine during the week of x-mas. I had planned on daily walking my stairs or doing an exercise video but well I have only done it 3 times in a week:(.

So, I am going to start posting here every day what I will do and then I am accountable for it. Hope nobody minds.

Today I will do the Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile walk. I will try to work up to the 2 mile walk by Friday.

What about you all? what will you do toady?

:chores016::bliss::character00180:
:character00116::character00115::whacky068:
:party0011::wee::stickdance::greenapple:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I shall sit on my backside :D We should be back at the gym Thursday hopefully, just need to check it's open. From then we'll be going 3 times a week (Thurs/Sat/Sun) for 1 hour each time.

phatgirl

Okay so on Tuesday I was feeling brave so I *tried* to do Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile high fat burner. I did one mile and I was knackered!!! I think I will push my goal of 2 miles to next friday and continue with the 1 mile for now.

Wed I went shopping so I walked alot, did the stairs in my 4-story flat 2 times and walked a half mile to Sainsbury in the bloody cold so I feel like I got my exercise in for yesterday. Plus my thighs are sore from Tuesday's attempt at 2 miles!!! Today I will do my 1 mile WATP video.

My goal is to do the video 5 days a week and stairs & grocery store at least once per week. Also I plan to start water aerobics once a week very soon.

phatgirl

Just updating my exercise. Did my WATP 1 mile on Thursday. Did shopping at IKEA today for hours in high heel boots no less! Did a bit of stairs and surprisingly wasn't knackered but my boots did start to hurt near the end. Overall felt very energetic. Yippie. Will do the 1 mile video tomorrow.

Anyone else???