• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat and Proud (sky Living)

witchingmoon

I was just watching Fat and Proud on Sky Living it was interesting. I was just surprised when they said they do sexy big girl cloths as I have never found them.
I think the lady who was a big kissa gram was brave I couldn't do that.

mm ... i am just watching it now. i would never have dared to do a kissagram...she is very brave (and very cold methinks in such skimpy 'sexy' clothing) :rolleyes:

Shame they didn't saw where to get the clothes from!!! lol x

Just a point of interest I casualy know someone who featured in that programme and due to poor health she is currently awaiting WLS!!

I've not seen the program but seen ones like it, people who have the courage to do it good on them but its kind of contradicting saying "im fat and proud" then having wls? Hhmm .... but at least she's seen that its not a healthy way to be Xx

was it a repeat? - I'm sure I've seen it before!....

It was actually filmed about 3 maybe even 4 years ago. I know for a fact that being fat and proud is fine in your 20's and 30's even early 40's but as we head into middle age, or even younger for some of us being very overweight just takes its toll on the body.

I know plenty of big ladies myself included who were proud to be big and getting on with our lives doing everything our thinner sisters could do and more but as I hit my late 30's I realised I either went done the WLS route or I will be housebound or even dead by my 50's!!!

I am all for living your life the way you want to... Unfortunately our bodies just can't handle too much excess weight, in fact too much excess anything lol

honeykiss said:
It was actually filmed about 3 maybe even 4 years ago. I know for a fact that being fat and proud is fine in your 20's and 30's even early 40's but as we head into middle age, or even younger for some of us being very overweight just takes its toll on the body.

I know plenty of big ladies myself included who were proud to be big and getting on with our lives doing everything our thinner sisters could do and more but as I hit my late 30's I realised I either went done the WLS route or I will be housebound or even dead by my 50's!!!

I am all for living your life the way you want to... Unfortunately our bodies just can't handle too much excess weight, in fact too much excess anything lol

I totally agree! I've always done everything and recently my knees, ankles and hips are killing me and I seem to be out of breath a lot. I think your body can only handle so much

Yes I am now on NHS waiting list for complete knee replacements. Having WLS first to get some weight off Do not want to put all this on my new knees.

Back