• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Favourite foods -what's yours?

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
If someone asked me pre op what my favourite foods were, the answer was simple; chocolate, chinese and green thai chicken curry.

Today, my three year old daughter asked me..."Mummy, what's your favourite food"?

It took me ages to answer...and when I finally did, I said "clementines, smoked trout and almonds".

How things change eh?! :D

What is/was your favourite food and how has it changed since you had surgery?

Cuppa xx

Bit boring really but my favourite foods have and will always be savoury and spciy!

Pre op curry with the works, post op a low fat version with no rice or nan (bander). I dont eat meat but also love a good quorn chilli - no rice.

So only changes are lower fat plus much, much smaller portions and no rice.

Maz x

Pre = chocolate
Post = chocolate

I eat it much less frequently, but it's still my favorite food.

pre-op my favourites were cream cakes well any cakes actually, chocolate, chinese takeaways Mcdonalds well most things i guess lol :D i used to hate coffee but since my op i can't get enough skinny latte's especially Costa ;) also like you Hayley i like clemantines, mandarins, satsumas, grapes and bananas. I still like the odd chocolate bar or small piece of cake :sigh: and i love to eat fresh fish whenever i can. :)

Pre - Steak, Chinese, Salad

Post - Dunno yet, as I'm still on the fluid diet LOL

Pre op - Chocoalte and Double whopper with cheese from Burger King, KFC, McDonalds, Kebab...........I think you get the picture.
Post Op- I have no desire or craving for anything, although i do enjoy my half weetabix and quater banana blended in a morning

I've been looking at this post all night, off and on and its been the hardest one to answer for me!

I love food (i know we all do) but i don't know what i love enough to call my favourite! I've been thinking for ten minutes now, i like curries (had a corker tonight), love the chip shop with its fish and kebabs, occasionally enjoy Macs or Kentucky FC....

But a favourite, i think it goes back to my childhood. My mom used to make us stew and dumplings, sausage n swede all of which i loved, usually followed by apple crumble and hot thick custard.. But the best and my ultimate favourite was 'Bacon Jack' with new potatoes, boiled new pots, broad beans n parsley sauce.. absolutely delish, Jamie Oliver eat your heart out! xx

Pre
Rib-eye steak, fish & chips, chilli con carne, apples.

Fresh salmon, tuna, chilli con carne but without the rice, stewed apple. This list is growing as I get more adventurous, but the portions are much smaller.

Eeeek I'm getting a bit worried here! :eek:

A lot of the foods you're all listing as post-op favs (fresh fish, fresh fruit, salads etc) are all things I love to eat now (pre-op) so does this mean I'm going to turn into a fast food junkie after surgery?? :8855:

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I do have a weakness for jelly babies and can scoff a whole bag in half an hour :eek:

We rarely eat take-aways but when we do I like a BK Whopper or Chinese ;)

Last edited:
ooooh and scollops cooked in a little agrlic butter served on wilted spinich mmmmmmmmmmm
oh to get my belly sorted so i can eat again!!!

Pre - roast lamb dinner, loaded with veg to the max!!!!
Post - anything that doesn't stick but no favourite yet, still not really bothered about food but the best day of my whole life was when I found out I could drink wine post-op, yeehaw!!!!!!!!!

My faves now (pre-op) are my Mums bolognese or Thai Green Curry.

I'm hoping fish will become something I like as I hate it now!!!

Oooooooooooooh Roast Dinner!!! Firm favourite too!! Xmas dinner!!

Back