• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

xkirsty88

I don't have a date yet, but my pre op is on the 16th jan and I have a feeling I could be in feb but the waiting list I'm on is 4 months long (I was put on it in the 11th dec) so I have up to about April at the latest.. Was told it's moving faster than that though. A few people have said my op date probably won't be too far after my pre op... I want to get on with the milk diet but it's only a 2week or ten days diet. I'm rather excited for the op! I'm having a sleeve, in sheffield by Mr Ackroyd :)

Kirsty

slimpip

Oh I do hope you get Feb!! Then we can go through it together hehe. They have told me my pre op should be 1 week before my op so I guess around the 28th ish of this month. I can't wait, feel like a giddy kid Kirsty lol x

xkirsty88

Ahah I bet! I don't have a date yet and all I keep saying is 'I can't wait!!' Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous and honestly in not - YET! Still got plenty of time for all that! I keep seeing these threads 'December surgerys' 'January surgerys' and this one and I just want to join in and say I'm having it done on this date!! Ahah never mind I'll soon have one!

Kirsty

slimpip

Do you know when you'll hear? Fingers crossed for Feb xx

xkirsty88

Not yet, I'll be getting intouch with the hospital a week or so after the pre op if I haven't been told anything at the pre op or received a letter soon after.. I'm guessing I'll get told not long all my test results are back from everything from the pre op.. They do the procedure in 2 hospitals in sheffield, the northern general (nhs)and the thornbury (private but operate on nhs bariatric patients) I've been told I'll be having it at northern cause I have high bmi.
Thank you, me too! Xx

Kirsty

slimpip

Oh that sounds alright then? Is that your preferred hospital? It's a little annoying that my appointments are a way away from where I live but I realise people drive (or fly) a lot further. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity wherever/whenever it's offered.

On another note...I took my "before" photos today :( I'm a hideous mammoth but it's very motivational. I was sat in this room of "heavy" people, mostly women and all much bigger than me I must say...I thought to myself, here in this room is my future if I don't change my life. Time to do something about it x

xkirsty88

As long as I'm looked after I guess I don't mind, thought I would have preferred my own room in the private hospital!! Lol

I'm yet to do that.. Think I'll do it the day before my pre op diet or on my pre op appointment day.. I'm dreading it. This may sound odd but I don't feel as big as I am.. I walk around shopping and see bigger people and ask my family if I look like them cause I don't think i look bad, until I see a photo :/ I lean backwards and stand funny and I know I do but I've tried to stand straight and it makes my back worse than it is. I feel a mess myself ATM though.. Oh well, we won't be like it for much longer!! Xx

Kirsty

slimpip

That's the same as me, I look good in clothes (well, as good as i can at this size), I dress nicely and to suit my body. However when taking these photos I was brave and did it bra and nickers and oh my lordy…my poor other half who took them. I started to think, how can he want that? How can he want to 'cuddle' up to that at night? I want that to change….ASAP x

xkirsty88

That's the same as me, I look good in clothes (well, as good as i can at this size), I dress nicely and to suit my body. However when taking these photos I was brave and did it bra and nickers and oh my lordy...my poor other half who took them. I started to think, how can he want that? How can he want to 'cuddle' up to that at night? I want that to change....ASAP x

Bless ya love! He's with you for a reason! I'm single, so just think 'well obviously no one wants me or this' :/ I'm not too fussed about being single, I suffer with depression so don't need any more complication in my life right now... I won't be taking them in my underwear, thinking leggings and a vest top. So I can post them online, rather not have people see me in my knickers! Lol xx

Kirsty

slimpip

Yeah my before photos are just for me, when and if I do a comparison photo when I've lost the weight it'll be a normal picture of me at a wedding or something lol. These are just for me :) x

princess4d4

i was going to do pics in a swimsuit to use for comparison

slimpip

Well at the end of the day pants and bra is no different to a bikini is it? I'm not shy lol x

xkirsty88

That's true! I don't like people seeing my tummy, but that's because I've got a huge apron/hang over of skin and fat :/ x

Kirsty

ClareA

princess4d4

just need to find a huge tape measure to take measurements my normal sewing one dont cut it

slimpip

I was going to do measurements but I don't want to get too bogged down with inches, I know I'll be losing the weight and the inches by the way I look and feel. I totally know how you feel, I am mortified that my dressing gown doesn't meet properly around the hips and my BATH SHEET towel only just does, sigh!!! Not for long eh ladies, c'mon february!!! x

xkirsty88

I'm thinking if doing measurements too.. But not often, like every month or 2 month etc.. Same with weighing. My dressing gown only just meets, but the tie doesn't tie.... I have huge towels I think ones a large beach towels and two jumbo king towels that only just go round me too. Roll on double wrapping myself in them! Hahah! Xx

Kirsty

slimpip

Oh what an amazing feeling that would be! Just to have spare, not even twice as much. Bliss x

sophiapink100

Hi Slimpip.

I found it.

My surgery is feb 10th and having just read some of the post op threads which are quite horrific I am now more scared than ever!

Sophie x

slimpip

Make sure you read all of the positive ones too! They make me so excited. Many people have an easy time of it :) x