• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

I am having a Gastric Sleeve :)
I've just had a bypass so can't be exact but after a little wind pain in hospital I'm now 5 days out and except for being careful how I turn and bend I keep wondering if I've dreamt the operation! Everyone is different I did take every pain killer offered in hospital and was out of bed as much as possible as soon as I could be, now I'm just relaxing (which is hard) good luck x

I've just had a bypass so can't be exact but after a little wind pain in hospital I'm now 5 days out and except for being careful how I turn and bend I keep wondering if I've dreamt the operation! Everyone is different I did take every pain killer offered in hospital and was out of bed as much as possible as soon as I could be, now I'm just relaxing (which is hard) good luck x

That is a relief. What pain killers did the hosp have you on as I am allergic to morphine which is what my dad said they normally give.

I am hoping I heal up quick as I have 2 weeks booked off work.

X

We were offered morphine or tramadol and I'm sure the girl Opposite me had a problem with morohine so had an aletnative. You'll be fine the worry is worse than nye operation.

my dressing gowns do fit i bought largest size i could as for towels i had to sew 2 jumbo bath sheets together to go round me i will measure day b4 surgery then maybe every 3 or 4 months not often same with weighing will only do that every couple months

my dressing gowns do fit i bought largest size i could as for towels i had to sew 2 jumbo bath sheets together to go round me i will measure day b4 surgery then maybe every 3 or 4 months not often same with weighing will only do that every couple months

Every few months ... I am so impatient I know I will be weighing myself at least once a week. I think I will do my measurements every other week. I am going to pop and buy a tape measure this weekend before I start the pre op diet. And take lots of those ugly pre op pictures :).

When's your op?

Every few months ... I am so impatient I know I will be weighing myself at least once a week. I think I will do my measurements every other week. I am going to pop and buy a tape measure this weekend before I start the pre op diet. And take lots of those ugly pre op pictures :).

When's your op?

no clue yet it was going to be feb but now on hold while i get other works done first but am still hoping for maybe march/april if at all possible and i havent moved right down the list

Room for one more!!! Just had THE phone call I've been waiting for ............... op date 6th feb starting liver reducing next week. Excited but scared all rolled into one lol have been watching this thread knowing that I could well be joining you, and here I am xxxxxxxx
So good luck all to all and congrats on our new paths

Hi fellow feb'ers :) how we all doing?anyone started milk diet yet? if so good luck, i start mine tomorrow (very low cal diet due to dairy intolerance) I was all geared up to do yogurt (dairy free of course) to be told NO by hospital (good job i called to double check) anyway just wanted to send all my best wishes to those who are already liver shrinking..... wont be long now :) shout if you need and words of support x x x x hugs

Seems to be going fine had 4 large milky coffees 2x low fat yogurt and have veg soup for tea and a small pot of low fat jelly and fruit and that's my allowance for the day :) x need to drink another half a pint of milk though grrrr doesn't help when u don't like the stuff lol x

Oh that don't sound too bad (apart from the not liking lol) mine was due to be 4 pints of milk or 8 yogurts no fruit or veg just oxo and sugar free jelly. I was quiet looking forward to not having to count calories and watch measurements etc never mind ........ what i'm doing instead is not much different to what i've been doing lately anyway porridge for breakfast, egg or tuna for lunch with ryvita. chicken or fish for dinner with veg from allowance :) i'm quite happy, fingers crossed it does the job and the liver shrinks nicely.
I've seem lots of threads with ideas on how to get the milk down if your struggling, milky coffee, adding flavoring syrup (although not sure what it is) also adding it to your jelly ............ all worth a try :) x x x

Hey ladies, sorry i've been a bit absent, my surgery got moved forward to the 28th Jan!! So i've been lurking around the january thread to see how their experiences have gone. I've got 5 days left on milk diet and I am so bored of it now, I mean it's fine but I am just dying for a piece of fish or steak or even some broccoli. Hmph, bring on the op because ironicaly I need FOOD lol! X

I've just booked my revision for the 10th of Feb, I might actually take a dressing gown with me this time instead of wearing jeans in the hospital after surgery :s.

Hey ladies, sorry i've been a bit absent, my surgery got moved forward to the 28th Jan!! So i've been lurking around the january thread to see how their experiences have gone. I've got 5 days left on milk diet and I am so bored of it now, I mean it's fine but I am just dying for a piece of fish or steak or even some broccoli. Hmph, bring on the op because ironicaly I need FOOD lol! X

oh wow that's cool :) hope its all going well apart from the hunger, but wont be long now and your be all done and dusted . good luck for the op x x x

adding flavoring syrup (although not sure what it is) also adding it to your jelly ............ all worth a try :) x x x

The syrups are essentially the liquid they add to coffees in a coffee shops to make them a vanilla/caramel latte etc. there's hundreds of flavours to choose from! You can add them to smoothies or milkshake a or anything really. I had a peach and raspberry milkshake yesterday... Only 50kcals per 100ml x

Back