• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

Ps. Got the pre-op tomorrow and surgery on the 7th. Will be starting a 1000kcal diet tomorrow and will switch to the milk diet for the 2nd week. Good luck to everyone! Xx

Well I must say I am starving lol this milk diet has me around the bend worse today with the kids have a mcdonalds grr be worth it next week! Got my pre op 2 morrow ! Spoke with bariatric nurse today as starting to get a big panicky however she reassured me which is good ! I'm not worried about the op it's about going to sleep :-( x

Hi all, I've my bypass 3rd feb at Walsall manor. I'm into my 3rd week of the milk diet and have so far lost 15.2kg. Have some pretty rough days where I am soooooo hungry and others where I'm not bothered by it. Only 11 days till d-day!!! Woo hoo

Hope everyone is going well :) x

Good luck everyone, I hope everything goes well for you all. I am having my sleeve op on the 4th Feb .. Very much looking forward to reading how you are all doing

Well I must say I am starving lol this milk diet has me around the bend worse today with the kids have a mcdonalds grr be worth it next week! Got my pre op 2 morrow ! Spoke with bariatric nurse today as starting to get a big panicky however she reassured me which is good ! I'm not worried about the op it's about going to sleep :-( x

Aww i do feel for you, i do hope it gets better for you, i've heard others say it gets better after a few days. Hang in there it will all be worth it in the end :) I feel a bit of a fraud on my liver shrinking now

Hi all, I've my bypass 3rd feb at Walsall manor. I'm into my 3rd week of the milk diet and have so far lost 15.2kg. Have some pretty rough days where I am soooooo hungry and others where I'm not bothered by it. Only 11 days till d-day!!! Woo hoo

Hope everyone is going well :) x

OMG 3 weeks well done you and another 11 days to go :worthy: but that's a fantastic weight loss wow well done again. I found out yesterday (one day before pre op diet started) i couldn't have the dairy free yogurts and was sent another diet sheet which is just a very low calorie diet, so to be honest doesn't feel like the pre op i expected.
keep up the great work x x x

Last shift at work tonight before my op on 3rd due to some leave and rest days. I have been open about my op with everyone and the support I've had is amazing. Two girls from work brought me a card and gifts in last night, so blooming sweet. I am truly blessed.
10 days to go now and must admit diet is going easier now.
How is everyone getting on? Xx

Good luck February folk xx

Well just had my pre op and lost a 20lbs since my last appointment in October totally gob smacked to say the least !! Blood pressure up so need to relax ! I'm a right stress head ! Being admitted at 2.30 next Friday ekkkkk ! X

Last shift at work tonight before my op on 3rd due to some leave and rest days. I have been open about my op with everyone and the support I've had is amazing. Two girls from work brought me a card and gifts in last night, so blooming sweet. I am truly blessed.
10 days to go now and must admit diet is going easier now.
How is everyone getting on? Xx

aww that's nice, its good to have some support close by too. Glad its gotten easier too :)

Well just had my pre op and lost a 20lbs since my last appointment in October totally gob smacked to say the least !! Blood pressure up so need to relax ! I'm a right stress head ! Being admitted at 2.30 next Friday ekkkkk ! X

wow that's fantastic now just to relax lol i know the stress head bit lol but so far managing to keep it calm. Just think this time next week it will be over and only just beginning your whole new life gl x

Last shift at work tonight before my op on 3rd due to some leave and rest days. I have been open about my op with everyone and the support I've had is amazing. Two girls from work brought me a card and gifts in last night, so blooming sweet. I am truly blessed. 10 days to go now and must admit diet is going easier now. How is everyone getting on? Xx
rrrrr that's lovely xxxx

wow that's fantastic now just to relax lol i know the stress head bit lol but so far managing to keep it calm. Just think this time next week it will be over and only just beginning your whole new life gl x
ano the relaxing bit I find quite hard need to stop worrying ! It will all be worth it! Like you at a whole new life :) have you though about food for afterwards and what sort of puréed meals your going to make this is we're in clueless ! X

ano the relaxing bit I find quite hard need to stop worrying ! It will all be worth it! Like you at a whole new life :) have you though about food for afterwards and what sort of puréed meals your going to make this is we're in clueless ! X

there's lots of threads about menu ideas post op which i will be reading and re reading again leading up. I brought lots of small plastic containers and am freezing lots of small batches of homemade soup for starters. I am pretty unimaginative in the kitchen at the best of times, i don't do wheat or dairy, so meals mainly consist of meat, chicken, fish and veggies anyway. Puree will be hardest as most mush sounds uninviting lol will certainly be trawling the boards for all the ideas i can get. x x x

there's lots of threads about menu ideas post op which i will be reading and re reading again leading up. I brought lots of small plastic containers and am freezing lots of small batches of homemade soup for starters. I am pretty unimaginative in the kitchen at the best of times, i don't do wheat or dairy, so meals mainly consist of meat, chicken, fish and veggies anyway. Puree will be hardest as most mush sounds uninviting lol will certainly be trawling the boards for all the ideas i can get. x x x
thanks Hun I've just re-read what I wrote half of it doesn't make sense ! I'm so tired I'm sure the lack of food has made my energy levels horrendous ! X

bit early but good luck feb oppers

Back