• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

Well I must say I am starving lol this milk diet has me around the bend worse today with the kids have a mcdonalds grr be worth it next week! Got my pre op 2 morrow ! Spoke with bariatric nurse today as starting to get a big panicky however she reassured me which is good ! I'm not worried about the op it's about going to sleep :-( x

The General Anaesthetic was also my biggest fear as I had never had one. I had my op on the 21st and I wish I hadn't worried so much about the general, it was a breeze, sent to sleep just before 9am and awake by 10.30am. The Anaesthetic they use is so safe so please try not to worry about it. I wouldn't worry about it again if I ever needed one in the future. Best of luck for your surgery :) x

I was thinking the same today, 5 days on pre op diet and my jeans definitely feel more loose, best thought of all is that they won't feel tight again.. Happy Days..

Being a Scotsman and this being Burns night I did have a spoonful of haggis- freshly caught this morning haha :

oh happy belated burns night :D

I just figure if the weights dropping then the liver has got to be shrinking ok lol good news on the jeans. my clothes feeling looser too but my face is the funniest it feels like its been sucked in almost vacuum packed lol

I would assume the liver is shrinking, glad to hear you are having similar results . Not long now, anxiety setting in

I would assume the liver is shrinking, glad to hear you are having similar results . Not long now, anxiety setting in

The uncontrollable bladder is a little annoying tho lol hubby and i took puppy to the beach yesterday for a run and had to make a mad dash for the rocks lol getting closer yes, so far im quite calm (unusual for me) but im sure as it creeps ever nearer the anxiety will kick in
:talk017:

This is only my second day of the diet and the peeing is driving me mad lol... Had a migraine most of the day yesterday and got about one about an hour ago. So long soak in the bath and early night for me! Hope everyone's doing great!

Kirsty

This is only my second day of the diet and the peeing is driving me mad lol... Had a migraine most of the day yesterday and got about one about an hour ago. So long soak in the bath and early night for me! Hope everyone's doing great!

Kirsty

i had terrible head first couple of days just try to up your water intake lol i know it wont help with the peeing lol but will help the head :D long soak sounds wonderful enjoy x x x light the candles too

Candles are lit!! Lol I'm drinking approx 1 and a half litres of water, that's all I can manage without feeling to sloshy if you understand? It's kinda sicky but sloshy it's weird but uncomfortable especially on top of 3 pints if milk...

Kirsty

Candles are lit!! Lol I'm drinking approx 1 and a half litres of water, that's all I can manage without feeling to sloshy if you understand? It's kinda sicky but sloshy it's weird but uncomfortable especially on top of 3 pints if milk...

Kirsty

Im not doing milk or yogurt diet just a low cal diet so i dont think im suffering quite as much as you guys but ive read from lots of other posts it gets better after day 3 (i think) hugs till then, get plenty of rest :D i would say deffo sloshy after all that milk too !!! spose you could always bathe in it lol

Im not doing milk or yogurt diet just a low cal diet so i dont think im suffering quite as much as you guys but ive read from lots of other posts it gets better after day 3 (i think) hugs till then, get plenty of rest :D i would say deffo sloshy after all that milk too !!! spose you could always bathe in it lol

Bathing in it will make my skin nice!! But no, I have to drink it!! I'm envious of you lot who can eat food. I just want crunchy things and texture!!! Xx

Kirsty

I felt really tired and drawn the first few days I've only really picked up today, I was pretty emotional ! Been using most of the milk in milky coffee'a which has really helped as I don't like the white stuff lol x

Hi everyone. I've git the 13th feb at my date for by pass or sleeve if too many adhesions. I had my band removed last arch after it slipped due to being very sick on arthritis meds for so long. I have put all my lost six stones back on and got sleep apnoea as a result.
I'm being done at Luton. The day after I got my date for surgery, I ad a routine knee arthroscopy done. I'd had one before on my other leg n wasn't worried about it.
Trouble is I woke up to be told that they had to drill fractures into my femur n I have to not weight bear fir 4/6 weeks!!! Horror as I'm due my op in 3.5 weeks!!!! I'm really hoping they let me go ahead. I'm hopping well, have a disabled scooter n can go to loo n self care by myself. I'm worried as they make u walk after surgery n I won't be able to :(
If they delay it I will be too near going to Cuba in April n will then pile on weight on hols :( then further delays to get it off etc etc. I'm soo peed off it isn't true.
I'm going to phone n visit Luton this week, but want to maximise my learning before I get them cancelling the op.
I only had one day of happiness with my date n now this :((((((
Any words if wisdom?

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

I asked my gp to refer me in July. I had the letter from the hospital in September to come for an appointment in November. I was there only 30mins tops and my surgeon said...hows the 5th of February for you? So I know I've been extremely lucky in that I had no waiting or lists or funding issues at all. In term of who and when hun, I'm not sure I can advise! I would suggest having it done at a time where you know you will have time to recover etc and go with a surgeon you feel most confident in?! Sorry, hope that's helpful in some way x

Wow that was quick? Any hoops u had to jump through? Where is the hospital?

It was extremely quick, no hoops or jumps at all hun. My appointments have been a Telford but the surgery is at Shrewsbury. I can't believe I go in tomorrow, where has the time gone??? X

Thanks Crystal :) x

It was extremely quick, no hoops or jumps at all hun. My appointments have been a Telford but the surgery is at Shrewsbury. I can't believe I go in tomorrow, where has the time gone??? X

That's brilliant. How areas differ eh? Did you not have to have diabetes or sleep apnoea etc?

No nothing, i'm healthy bar the weight. Weird I know, but feel so lucky x

Rang the hospital today re me not able to weight bare on left leg post surprising knee op. have arranged to see me on the 6th feb to discuss if I'm fit enough and to combine all pre op appts together. That gives me ten days to get stronger n learn to jump through their hoops for the operation. Or have it delayed to make sure I'm looked after properly. Feeling happy that this is the case n they haven't just dismissed it without being assessed :) so the milk pre op diet starts this week. Whoop whoop. P,ease god let this op go ahead ......

No nothing, i'm healthy bar the weight. Weird I know, but feel so lucky x

I'm amazed! My friend down south had the same as you :) I only git it as developed seep apnoea even though the nhs took my band out that I paid fir cis they ruined it, would nt offer a revision n I put the lot back on. What's your health auth?
Have a good op n see you on losing side soon :) xxx

Back