• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

We can do film reviews...I've booked 6wks off so I'll keep you company lol! You'll only be 2wks behind me & there's plenty of others due at your time :) I had little prep time as I was on holiday abroad in Carribean until 10th Jan, so same sort of pre.op time as you xx

Ahah I am currently watching The Vampire Diaries . I am half way through series 2.

I am starving. But I've only had 1 pint of milk and a yoghurt. I'm going to make a large milky coffee shortly... My head hurts already too!

Kirsty

Glad to hear you've started the pre-op kirsty. I've started mine today (op on the 7th Feb), but I've been advised to just do 1000kcals a day with any food I want. So far I've had 400ml semiskimmed milk, a medium skinny latte at costa and a cuppa soup which is 401 kcals (200+115+86). Lord knows what I'm having for dinner

I feel like I'm cheating, that I'm not going to lose much weight and that my liver won't shrink which is silly but still a bit scared! I'm still tempted to do 1000kcals of normal food until Friday 31st and then do a week of the milk diet!

I felt the same, due to dairy intolerance im on just a low cal diet, was a bit worried to start with but been doing it since Thursday and already seeing the difference in my weight (so my liver has got to be shrinking too lol )
my dinner this eve is 130g chicken breast boiled, 130g jacket potato some green beans and broccoli (i'm unlimited veg but all green!!)

good luck with it and good luck with the op x x x

Can I ask you guys what vitamins you're using (if you have to take any on your pre op diet...) I went to boots and spoke to the pharmacist but he didn't seem to have any idea :( I've got boots chewable multi vits - orange flavour. My leaflet said multi vits and minerals...

Kirsty

I've got the centrum advance chewable ones - they were recommended to me by the bariatric nurse for post op too.

I'll be having some tomato soup for dinner :)

How much weight have you lost on the diet so far and in how many days? I did the milk diet earlier this month for 8 days (because I wanted to try it out) and lost 7kg! Bit worried that because of that, my liver won't shrink too much (also silly idea) and I won't lose that much weight!

I've not done the diet before and only started this morning so I have no idea yet! I was going to weigh myself this morning while out shopping but I only weighed myself Wednesday so I'm just going from there. Will weigh myself on Thursday and hopefully hospital will weigh me the morning of the op!

Kirsty

My team told me centrum, santatogen or asda/tesco own brand multi vitamins…weird huh? Thanks Crystal for wishing me luck, it feels so close now but this time is DRAGGING. I'm just trying to plan the next couple of weeks of post op stage one - clear liquids. My guidelines say anything you can suck up a straw. They have suggested soup, milk and weetabix mixed with a lot of milk. Can you guys help me with inspiration for altenatives? X

I felt the same, due to dairy intolerance im on just a low cal diet, was a bit worried to start with but been doing it since Thursday and already seeing the difference in my weight (so my liver has got to be shrinking too lol )
my dinner this eve is 130g chicken breast boiled, 130g jacket potato some green beans and broccoli (i'm unlimited veg but all green!!)

good luck with it and good luck with the op x x x

I was thinking the same today, 5 days on pre op diet and my jeans definitely feel more loose, best thought of all is that they won't feel tight again.. Happy Days..

Being a Scotsman and this being Burns night I did have a spoonful of haggis- freshly caught this morning haha :

I'm a bit worried now as haven't been taken vitamins pre op ? Think they were only suggested for post. Is everyone else taking them now? Lauren x

My team told me centrum, santatogen or asda/tesco own brand multi vitamins...weird huh? Thanks Crystal for wishing me luck, it feels so close now but this time is DRAGGING. I'm just trying to plan the next couple of weeks of post op stage one - clear liquids. My guidelines say anything you can suck up a straw. They have suggested soup, milk and weetabix mixed with a lot of milk. Can you guys help me with inspiration for altenatives? X
this is we're I'm struggling also ! Haven't seemed to have had much advice from hosp however I no I will see dietician on Friday before op Saturday but I like to be prepared :-( I have started blending dinners and freezing them for when needed x

I was told bassetts soft and chewy but the list of bits in them is tiny compared to others... I'll be the same as you I think slimpip.. I got loads of veg on Thursday but have sent it to mums today and she's going to be making me a veg soup. I'll probably be trying runny porridge aswell but other than that I have no idea!!

Liz, I was told initially to start them once I'd had my op, but the pre op diet sheet I got this morning says to take them too... Each area is different so if you're worried call your provider up x

Kirsty

Yeah I agree with Kirsty, I wouldn't worry but I chose to take them :) x

I am officially a February Opper! I have just received my letter with my date. The 3rd of FEB!!! Can't believe it's so soon!!

Kirsty

Congrats kirsty :) so happy that now you are able to know when it is going to be. so makes waiting so much easier!! time will fly without noticing it i think!!! and good luck :)

I will try haha! My phone has just decided to pack up, such crap timing, means I might be stranded in hospital with no phone. Hopefully I'll get something sorted x

Hey everyone, got stuck in with my pre-op diet today. Getting incredibly real now...less than 2 weeks!

I had my pre op on the 16th jan and was told i could have my op any time up to 12 weeks cause that's how long pre op last. I wasn't expecting it so soon! But I'm do glad it is. Good luck and I hope you get you date soon Kirsty

I had my pre-op last on 21st jan and was told up to 9 weeks so very quick indeed. Can't wait to just get going with it all. X

re the vitamins i was recommended either sanatogen or centrum a-z or tescos own chewable. I have been taking them since my last dietician visit back in august lol any little boost has got to help eh!!

Thank Llora! And that's no good Slimpip! I'm contemplating taking an old phone in for the morning that I'll be in theatre then having mum bring my iphone up when I'm awake.. But I'm at a private hospital with private room, so, it could be safer than a NHS hospital with random people in and out all day... I'm not sure yet

Kirsty

Back