• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

slimpip

Well Christmas is out of the way now…and my op in in 5 weeks and 6 days. OH MY GOD. I'm nervous and excited and anxious and a million other things too. I just thought it might be nice for any "Febbers" to get to know one another and share our experiences.

Any Febbers out there? X

Butterfly_lady

Good luck :)

brooke_marie

Hey, how long did it take from being put on the list to getting a date? I saw the surgeon last wednesday was told that I could choose a surgeon if i really wanted (I asked if i could have him) and that I could let them know if I wanted it done at a particular time so I said late march or mid may-mid june - I'm at uni at the moment. But now I'm thinking I should ring and say I can do any time between now and march, just not april-mid may! What do you reckon?

slimpip

I asked my gp to refer me in July. I had the letter from the hospital in September to come for an appointment in November. I was there only 30mins tops and my surgeon said...hows the 5th of February for you? So I know I've been extremely lucky in that I had no waiting or lists or funding issues at all. In term of who and when hun, I'm not sure I can advise! I would suggest having it done at a time where you know you will have time to recover etc and go with a surgeon you feel most confident in?! Sorry, hope that's helpful in some way x

brooke_marie

That's true :) I think I will call tomorrow and let them know that I'm free for all of Feb and March....reading everyone's stories and op dates is making me a bit ansy!

slimpip

Oh it does, when I got told it was Feb which was about 10 weeks or so from that appointment I was thinking oh my gosh it's happened so quickly, but reading all of the diaries and stuff on here is just making me so impatient! I know that it's going to come round really fast now but I'm just like a kid at christmas, just can't come soon enough xx

slimpip

Any more February ops?? there are loads it seems in January, perhaps Feb will be a quieter month? 5 weeks today eeeeek xx

Hi
Yes, I'm booked for a band 2nd Feb. It will be nice to share our journeys. Feel really excited at the minute, but sure that will change to nerves as the date gets nearer.

slimpip

What are you having sue? Not long now xx

soohoo

im hoping for feb.im having my pre op assessment on 14th jan.will have to see how that goes.i did have a blip with sleep apnea.bit hoping soon.keep my fingers crossed.will be in touch

slimpip

Excellent Sue...how are you feeling about it? I'm so excited now...can't think of anything else :) x

Roccosmummy

Any more February ops?? there are loads it seems in January, perhaps Feb will be a quieter month? 5 weeks today eeeeek xx

I started the January thread. Not many peeps joined until more recently. It's now packed with fellow Janners ! Feb will fill up soon and you will have lots of fellow Febbers :)

Good luck with your journey x

slimpip

Hey roccosmummy...I forgot you'd replied sorrrry! Thanks hun and yeah I'm sure it'll pick up speed :) I have my education day tomorrow eeeek feeling real now x

Roccosmummy

Hey roccosmummy...I forgot you'd replied sorrrry! Thanks hun and yeah I'm sure it'll pick up speed :) I have my education day tomorrow eeeek feeling real now x
Hope tomoz goes well for you. Keep up with us having January surgery .... It will give you a good insight as to what to expect as we are only a few weeks ahead of you ! I followed loads of nov and dec threads which I found really helpful and encouraging. It's all very real once you start the preop diet :-(

slimpip

I def will keep an eye...yeah I guess I'll start mine around the 22nd jan. Only 2 and a bit weeks away. X

Excellent Sue...how are you feeling about it? I'm so excited now...can't think of anything else :) x
4 weeks today and my band will be on. Think these 4 weeks will go by so slowly. Wish I'd had it done already.

slimpip

You and me both. You'll be 3 days ahead of me x

slimpip

Just got back from the education session in Telford, found out my pre op HAS to be be in Shrewsbury :( and I should get a letter in the next few days. Obviously it's ok but was rather hoping I could have it done at my GP as shrewsbury is 90mins away but hey ho! Getting very excited now...weirdly want to start my pre op diet, I've been given a choice of 3 so will have a good think xx