• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2018 Surgeries

I'm safely on the other side. I'm sleeved and sleepy. Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. I went in at noon. Now it' 2.45pm and I'm in a shared room with the other English speaking lady. I'm so happy it's done
Good to hear your safely on the losers bench, get plenty of rest xxxx

@Carolineh How's things? Are you managing on the liquid diet? When do you move to puree?

I don't have a plan yet for my food and just drinking Willy nilly. Today I'm going to plan out meals as I can't rely on hunger signals. Silly me not to think of this before.

im going in sunderland royal on the 19th feb my operation is booked for 20th feb got my pre-op on 12th feb ive been waiting over 3 year for a mini gastric bypass i have worries about being put s

Good luck for Tuesday! It'll be fine. Just try and keep your cool. It's in the hospitals best interest to keep you alive, the surgeon especially cares that he doesn't have a bad record. The getting put to sleep part was my biggest worry too.

Do you have your bag packed and ready for admission? Any family going to keep you company?

@Carolineh How's things? Are you managing on the liquid diet? When do you move to puree?

I don't have a plan yet for my food and just drinking Willy nilly. Today I'm going to plan out meals as I can't rely on hunger signals. Silly me not to think of this before.
Hi ya,
I'm doing ok at the moment, still on the liquid stage until Thursday which feels like forever at the moment.
Just managing small yougherts and soup, water, tea at the moment. Have been doing ok on this, not been sick or upset stomach yet which is good. Also I think I've lost nearly a stone since surgery which is cc'd easy. Also I'm getting out for loads of walks so getting in some excersize.
Hows your pain? Mines nearly gone XXX

Good luck for Tuesday! It'll be fine. Just try and keep your cool. It's in the hospitals best interest to keep you alive, the surgeon especially cares that he doesn't have a bad record. The getting put to sleep part was my biggest worry too.

Do you have your bag packed and ready for admission? Any family going to keep you company?
yes bag packed ready to go in hospital tomorrow at 2pm and yeah wife will be with me

Last edited:
Hows your pain? Mines nearly gone XXX

My pain is minimal. Just one of my incisions is still sore to touch.

Congrats on the stone loss! You must be over the moon that its going in the right direction. Are you taking body measurements too?

yes bag packed ready to go in hospital tomorrow at 2pm and yeah wife will be with me

That's great that you will have support there. Its good to have someone to talk to to keep your mind off what's going on.

My pain is minimal. Just one of my incisions is still sore to touch.

Congrats on the stone loss! You must be over the moon that its going in the right direction. Are you taking body measurements too?
I haven't taken measurements maybe I should. I'm taking photos every few days which is good to see.
Can't believe it's all done, no just to loose the weight! XX

I'm taking photos too. It'll be great to see the difference when it starts happening.

I'm taking photos too. It'll be great to see the difference when it starts happening.
I am worried I'm able to eat more than I expected too though. Still on soups/yougherts/blended up fruit but just worried I'm taking more on than I need XX

Its weird but I had that worry yesterday. I was constantly drinking something and I wondered if I should stop because surely my sleeve can't hold that much fluid. I've been reading up on this and apparently the fluids just pass through our little stomachs and doesn't stay there for very long. You probably won't be able to eat as much volume of soft foods as you are now with liquids. The soft foods will sit around for longer whilst our stomachs try and digest it. This is one of the reasons transitioning will be hard as our digestive muscles will now have to learn to contract again. You're doing great, I am sure :cool:

Its weird but I had that worry yesterday. I was constantly drinking something and I wondered if I should stop because surely my sleeve can't hold that much fluid. I've been reading up on this and apparently the fluids just pass through our little stomachs and doesn't stay there for very long. You probably won't be able to eat as much volume of soft foods as you are now with liquids. The soft foods will sit around for longer whilst our stomachs try and digest it. This is one of the reasons transitioning will be hard as our digestive muscles will now have to learn to contract again. You're doing great, I am sure :cool:
Hope your right, it does make sense.. liquids slide so can take on more XX

@madman6 I hope your surgery went well today. Check in with us when you are feeling up to it.

I've had my first episode of overeating today. It is not fun. You can completely do it on the liquid diet. You have to be very careful.

I'm getting on well I think. I'm still managing on the soup. A bit scared to go on puree after this.

What kind of things are you pureeing? How much can you eat of it?

Hi ya,
So... I feel like crap. I'm basically able to eat most things now, small portions but there doesn't seem to be much I can't eat. Haven't tried bread or sweets etc.. but managed a rich tea biscuit and few chips. Feeling like I shouldn't be able to manage this food already and it's making me feel like maybe I haven't had the opp done! X

Back