• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February Operations

My surgery date is 15th feb but due to being unwell it may have to be cancled until I'm over this as I had minor but painful surgery on my back again yesterday (Friday..!)
Iv done well on pre op diet I've lost a stone & almost half .. My bmi as gone from 42.7 to 38 I'm just wanting to lose as much as possible, iv been strict but eaten healthily; due to being unwell iv not had much of an appetite.
Hugs x

Hope you recover soon from your surgery and are well enough for your WLS best wishes

Sue

Hi Ange

I'll def look out for you. You'll have to let me know what you look like! lol x

hi Karen
as we almost exactly the same height & weight I suspect we look very alike - from the neck down anyway LOL!! I have light brown hair and wear glasses. I will be at Homerton on the 8th for a pre surgery group meeting, apparently these have started recently, have you been to one?
Hopefully see you on the 22nd, will ask the nurses about you when I come in. Good luck on the pre-op diet, I am starting tomorrow - not looking forward to it but it must be done.....
take care

Hi Ange! I've got brown hair, mid length sort of curly wavy but I reckon when you come it's be a mess and tied up on my head lol!
I went to a pre-surgery group in december. really heklpful. if tyou went to the first group session when you had your first appointments I thought it was the same thing (I did ask after about 10 minutes as it seemed to cover the same stuff) but there is more that they chat about. (And me and hubby Lee were the only ones that actually had our dates for surgery out of everyone).

Starting slimfast diet too tomorrow (if you're doing it Tesco have 2 tins (each 12 servings) for £7!

Will be great to meet you - although I apologise now if I'm groggy, tired, miserable looking or anything else other than my usual bubbly self - I'll blame the drugs!!

Take care, and see you soon xx

Hey guys, i'm having a band on the 1st Feb. Yogurt diets been hard but i've lost 10lbs so far!

w00h0o! not long for you then slim!!

welcome aboard the February WLS train! look forward to hearing all about it :) The pre op diet is annoying but its a means to an end, and yours will be ending soon!! All the best x

Valentines day in Belgium for my band.

Hopefully meeting kevinireland as he is having his done the same day

Don't have a surgery date (yet :D) but wanted to wish you all february oppers the best of luck!
xxxxx

i have but they were really expensive because i needed the largest size :eek:. Emma Louise said she didnt take any with her and it was fine so i struck them off my list :) x

I may actually have some. I had to wear them at the hospital last year when I had my wrist operated on. I just can't remember where I put them for safe keeping???

Why do you need flight socks and why are we not provided them when we have the op? Or are you going abroad for your ops!

I think if I were going abroad I would be as afraid of the flight (getting stuck in my seat) as I would be of the operation LOL....

I wish they would have told me only 24 hrs before my operation as with you lot I am getting anxious for it to be over.

PS Don't forget to read this

Protein Needs Post-op - Scientific Explanation by Phatgirl 08/09/2009 it's an eye opener>
I've been out to buy mine today ( Asda - Strawbery Pure Whey protein £17.50 (approx 30 meals)

Last edited:
hey Chris,

we're both going abroad to Czech at the same time! Our provider had suggested buying the socks for the flight home. We've both gone private. I couldnt get funding because im too fit for a fat bird lol

and ive bought my protein too! got some flavoured stuff and some non-flavoured to add to soups and stuff

x

Back