• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel like crying today :(

Su2ie

Had my first appointment with the dietitian and nurse on 15th Nov and was set a 3kg weight loss which seemed really achievable. I weighed myself today and have only lost 1lb :(
I have no idea when my next appointment is and with Christmas around the corner it just feels impossible!

I can understand its disheartening, but if this is something you want then it is often a case of going back to real basics and really looking at what you're doing to get that result.

Consider joining weightwatchers or slimming world. But look at honestly what you're eating, log everything, reduce down to a set calorie limit and stick to it. Throw in as much walking as you can, exercise, and it will start to happen.

:)

That's exactly why I get so fed up. I weigh and log everything in fitness pal and stick to a calorie limit rigidly. I don't smoke and drink very little alcohol - didn't even drink on my Christmas night out last week.

I find exercise very difficult because I have a connective tissue disorder which causes immense amounts of pain in all joints and I get injured very easily, I tore my calf muscle last year and now it's very difficult even to walk for very long.

My hormones are also a bit out of whack thanks to pcos which doesn't help.

I do really want this and am trying really hard but there are some barriers which makes weight loss excruciatingly slow :(

Oh hun, :( could you approach help to see a dietician and doctor who may be able to give you some help and advice of things that you can be doing in terms of your pcos and tissue disorder so that you can get underway and help you to break through these barriers?

It maybe worth contacting the team and say that you're trying really hard, explain what you're trying and say you really do need this, but their suggestions would be useful.

As a resort could you give a blast to the weight loss by giving the milk diet a go for a week or so? Its not there for weight loss pre surgery, but it can help shift the weight. Not easy, and it is hard around day 3/4 when after that point the hunger tends to go, but it maybe worth considering?

Are you able to swim with what you suffer from?

Hang in there - and maybe have a search around on the boards for others who suffer from pcos and what worked for them? Or even start a thread with PCOS help in the title so that it stands out specifically so you may get help and support from those who may otherwise not see this thread too.

:)

I also suffer from PCOS and it makes losing weight very, very difficult. Our BMR is lower than normal so you have to work that much harder to achieve a calorie deficit. The milk diet, although good to shrink the liver, isn't great for PCOS as milk has high levels of carbs and the hormones in milk exacerbate our PCOS hormonal issues. Look to severely reduce carbohydrate intake. Eat mainly protein and green, leafy veggies. Steer clear of vegetables that are high in sugar like peas and corn. If you want fruit stick to low GI fruits like berries. I am on 1,000 calories a day and my weight is moving slowly. Also, like TK said, try swimming - it's a no impact exercise and any calories you burn will lead to those lbs coming off. Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

The milk diet, although good to shrink the liver, isn't great for PCOS as milk has high levels of carbs and the hormones in milk exacerbate our PCOS hormonal issues.

Ah. Thank you for clarifying on that one :)

I will keep trying to push through every way I can after all 3 kg seems pretty reasonable as a target, the dietitian took into account the barriers when setting it.
Even swimming is difficult unfortunately because although it's non weight bearing so easier on the joints, I have a problem with the top joints in my back/neck are too tight and pinch a nerve and I get regular severe muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder - basically I'm falling apart!!!!!
Thanks for the encouragement though, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today. I'm sure I'll pick myself up again soon...

My dietitian sets my goal as 3 kilos a month as well. This month I'm only at 2 kilos and I've only got a week to go :( It's stressful, and hard, but I can keep going or give up. I spent the last few years starting a weight loss program, then giving up when it got hard. This time my mind is ready and positive thoughts keep me on track. Just control your carbs, weigh/measure your food, and keep your chin up! You can do this!

i would say definately get back to basics and start afresh! Follow Neisie's advice as she summers with pcos too and knows what shes talking about. Take everyday as it comes and just think even if you walk 10 steps more a day than normal it will all make a difference. Check out the recipe section of this website there are loads of high protein recipes which would help with upping your protein levels. Pre op i was on a stringent high protein low carb diet, try things like cottage cheese with crackerbreads and some chicken, and salad. You can fill right up on salad because it is sooo low in cals.

I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck and with all the great advice on here, hope you can shift the weight you need to lose xxx

The worst thing is letting your heart down. It's so difficult especially at this time of year. Really hope you start getting the results you deserve. Good luck!

I also suffer from PCOS and it makes losing weight very, very difficult. Our BMR is lower than normal so you have to work that much harder to achieve a calorie deficit. The milk diet, although good to shrink the liver, isn't great for PCOS as milk has high levels of carbs and the hormones in milk exacerbate our PCOS hormonal issues. Look to severely reduce carbohydrate intake. Eat mainly protein and green, leafy veggies. Steer clear of vegetables that are high in sugar like peas and corn. If you want fruit stick to low GI fruits like berries. I am on 1,000 calories a day and my weight is moving slowly. Also, like TK said, try swimming - it's a no impact exercise and any calories you burn will lead to those lbs coming off. Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.
I found the milk diet really good actually as I was quite severely affected by my PCOS and couldn't lose weight normally.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll get my head around it all, I don't normally wallow in it but just having a tough day. It would help if I knew when my next appointment is so I knew what timescale I've got instead of feeling pressured. Besides, I still have a fear that they'll turn round and tell me I can't have it done!
Anyway, onwards and upwards......
Oh, and I really can't stand milk so whether it's good or not is pretty irrelevant for me! God knows what I'm gonna do when I get to the milk diet!!!!

Feeling much more positive today, have managed to get to the gym and starting to really focus. Have lost 1.5lb out of 7 but feel like I can really do it. Just wish I knew when the next appointment is and fingers crossed I don't fall off the wagon at Christmas.......

Thinking of you and wishing you success xxx

Feeling much more positive today, have managed to get to the gym and starting to really focus. Have lost 1.5lb out of 7 but feel like I can really do it. Just wish I knew when the next appointment is and fingers crossed I don't fall off the wagon at Christmas.......

You've got it, girl. Just keep doing the same thing - take it day by day! You'll get those lbs off!

1.5 is good going wont take long to lose the 7 im dreading my weigh in on thursday last month was a 1lb loss that sucks when i had been losing 3 or 4

Back