• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I`m so p***ed off I feel like throwing in the towel .

margaretmc

Hi Everybody
Iv just phoned the local hospital to see when I`ll be getting an appointment for my results and the Dr`s sectary said I`ll be getting seen in six months from the first date I seen the Dr in May and that will be Nov . I am so cheesed off its not right . I just feel like saying bugger it and throwing in the towel . If I don't hurry up and get this surgery I honestly cant see me going to Conor`s (my sons)wedding next Aug . I just cant stop crying and Teigan is up set because of me crying . Take care .
Margaret xx

Your right Margaret its not right, please dont give up now, can you have a word with your doctor and ask them to give the secretary a ring, they may be able to push things forward for you, tell them how upset you are, you never know it may work, 6 months does seem a long while to wait to see the doctor again.

Take care hun X

Ach Margaret thats awful :mad:

Can you not ring them back and ask (beg) to be seen earlier :confused:

Unfortunately with the NHS you are at their mercy and its not fair, they dont understand what its like to be in this position :sigh:

Try not to get too down about it, you'll only feel worse (I know thats easy for me to say)

I dont know what else to say to you Margaret cos nothing is going to make you feel better, I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you

Kate x

sorry to hear your so down its worth the wait tho just try to remember that x i found trying to forget about the op the only way to get thru all the waiting

Margaret I can fully understand your fruststion hun, but don't give up now.It is soo worth the wait in the end :D

Margaret I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time of it. It must be so frustrating. The only thing I can think of is to see your gp again and ask if they can do anything to speed things up. Thinking of you. Sue

Margaret sorry to hear you have to wait so long, but as Kate said can you not ring them and see if they have an ealry appointment. Also ring your GP and get him/her on the case, they have a bit more clout than we do.
How about ringing PALS and see whats going on, they can usually put you through to somewhere that is linked to the bariatric dept. PALS work wonders sometimes

Fingers crossed for you, dont give up hun :hug99:

Margaret like the others are saying I would keep pestering them I did and it worked ! who cares if there getting annoyed with you keep at em !

Have you tried your Pct my local Pct were excellent with me they even contacted hospital to see if there was any earlier dates for me ! but I suppose its who answers the phone !

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Oh Margaret - don't give up. You will get there sweetheart, i know it's hard but you will get your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and you will be all smiles.

Sending you lots of hugs with oodles of fairy dust to keep you sparkling until the Doctors get their act together xx

Margaret I can understand your frustration and anger, but you just need to take a step back. A wait of 18 months from start to finish is not uncommon.

I had to wait a year to the day from my first conversation with my GP to getting my operation done.

As has been posted speak to your PCT to find out their policy on waiting times, could they use a different surgeon or hospital.

If you had your operation in February or March, even April next year you would still have time to lose a tremendous amount of weight before your son's wedding in August.

I hope you get it sorted before too long, but keep your chin up honey xxx

Hi M,

Don't loose heart, this is a waiting game but it is worth the wait.

Keep positive, do all you can until the time of the op, and you will look a million and one dollars for your sons wedding.

Hi Everybody
I just phoned my Doctor and made an appointment for Tuesday morning , I`m going to ask her to try a speed up an appointment for me . Hopefully she`ll be able to help me . Thank you all so much for your support and kind words . I know I want give up because I`v been waiting to long (6 years in Oct) to give up now . Thanks again take care .
Margaret xx

Margaret I am so sorry you feel so blue - It must be hard to feel positive but ringing the GP is the first step - keep ringing for cancellations appointments etc just keep on and on until they get sick of you phoning!!!!

Please don't throw in the towel - you will only have to pick it and wash it!!!

Warmest wishes & hope you feel brighter soon

xx

that's an awful long time to wait for results :sigh: ...my poor Brother in Law had an op on 14th July for a problem with his prostate and his appointment to discuss results is in November :eek: :mad: and the poor devil is in agony...we've told him to badger them for an earlier appointment.

I hope you're GP gets it sorted for you Margaret xx

Aww, dont give up Margaret. Stay strong xx

Hun pls dont give up u have waited so long and am sure by the time your son`s wedding comes around you would have had ur op months back lost loads of weight, feel fab and look stunning.
We are all hear for you take care hun xxx

Hi Margaret

I just caught your post that you wanted to throw in the towel....please don't!
You know you could get that appointment in November and who knows things might go at hyper-speed from that point on...Well I hope it does.

I wish they would change the way they do things over there...it is so unfair to make
you wait 6 years....(Even with medical conditions and tests).

As usual everyone here has given you a lot of great advice so I won't repeat it all except
to say make an appointment with your patient liaison officer, they have to help you.

Good luck sweetheart............don't give up, it's all an unknown quantity as no-one knows what's around the corner for them.

(((hugs)))

Sorry you are upset Margaret and can fully understand why it is such a lengthy journey, but hang in there it will all be worth it in the end.
Dry your eyes and blow your nose and get your determined head on
Good luck

Jay xx

Margaret....Sorry to hear you got a knock back and no joy for your appointment....Sadly I dont have a magic wand and can only offer you words of support...."BUT" dont throw in that towel YOU will get there in the end and IT will be worth the wait....
Mark

Back