• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel like crying today :(

1.5 is good going wont take long to lose the 7 im dreading my weigh in on thursday last month was a 1lb loss that sucks when i had been losing 3 or 4

It is really demoralising isn't it? But just think, a loss is a loss and better than putting it on.

That 1.5lb is since 15th November! I never get good 3/4lb losses, it takes everything I've got to lose a pound a month these days!!!
Good luck with your weigh in x

I think the bigger you are also helps to lose the extra 1 or 2lb a month or so my weight management team say not sure though but yes can get you down and remember we are all here to help out and support you

WTF!!!!! Been good as gold the last 10 days since last weigh in, been walking loads and tracking all my food on myfitnesspal and put a bloody pound on, what's that about? Grrrrrrf!!!!!

maybe clothing / footwear weighed more than what you wore previous they dont account for that i always wear the same clothes when i get weighed so that there is no fluctuation but it could be a possibility like if you wore t/shirt last time and a jumper this time for example so wouldnt worry too much

So, since Christmas I've really been focussed and positive and managed to lose 5lb. I was on a real roll weighing and logging everything, going to the gym and cutting out my snacking addiction. Haven't had a bar of chocolate in weeks which is a real achievement for me! I've stuck to 1300 cals per day and while I haven't had big weight losses each week it's been steady. Got on the scales this morning and bizarrely have put a pound on - what's that about?????grrrr!!!!

our bodies do some mighty silly things. I put on 7lb over 3 days around Christmas despite eating almost nothing. Took 3 weeks to shift. VERY annoying and I felt rubbish...

I'm now in a right hormonal mood and brewing a head cold. Both will make me retain water, so I need to try to stay away from the scales tomorrow which is far easier said than done

It really is pants isn't it?!

I have no explanation for this phenomena but I think you absolutely have the right idea staying away from the scales.

I hope it all comes good for you, we have to stay positive x

if you weight in clothes could be different clothing weight different its just a thought

No nothing to do with clothes, I always try to stick to same or like for like clothes.

One week on the scales are still stubbornly staying put despite restricted calories and healthy food choices :(

Fed up with battling with myself now!

are you drinking plenty of water :) and sometimes your body gets used to the same foods so try changing a few days altogether but still stick to the low fat less than 3grm per 100grm that was what I was told by dietician and I found worked better than calorie counting because with calories we can still eat something chocolate but miss something lesser fat :)
don't mean to preach just might be an idea xx

I'm open to any advice and ideas but here's the thing - I drink plenty, probably close to 2 litres a day, I've cut out chocolate, crisps, biscuits and alcohol and try to make healthy choices as well as counting calories. I have a very varied diet so I'm not eating the same things all the time. I try to go to the gym but have a connective tissue disorder that makes exercise difficult and very painful. I've had a bad muscle spasm so haven't been to the gym in about 10days. I always feel bloated when I can't exercise and nothing seems to help and that's when the weight doesn't shift no matter what I do. Hence one of the reasons I've ended up battling with my weight for so long.

I'm open to any advice and ideas but here's the thing - I drink plenty, probably close to 2 litres a day, I've cut out chocolate, crisps, biscuits and alcohol and try to make healthy choices as well as counting calories. I have a very varied diet so I'm not eating the same things all the time. I try to go to the gym but have a connective tissue disorder that makes exercise difficult and very painful. I've had a bad muscle spasm so haven't been to the gym in about 10days. I always feel bloated when I can't exercise and nothing seems to help and that's when the weight doesn't shift no matter what I do. Hence one of the reasons I've ended up battling with my weight for so long.

Do you have an intolerance maybe? i've always suffered with not being able to loose weight and feeling bloated and yuck all the time I cut wheat firstly which helped but a few years later I cut dairy too and felt like a new woman and 2 stone just dropped off. Just a thought x

I have the same problem. My weight loss chart looks like a set of stairs! A period of loss then a plateau, I've currently stayed within a range of 2llbs for 9 days now. I'm just about to drop into the next stone down (same as last time) which is doubly annoying. I know I'm doing all the right things. I just keep plodding on, refuse to cheat (i am better than the darn scales) & accept its just the way my body is. I think my body just needs time to get used to being smaller. I know it will start to come off again soon.

I suppose battling with the weight is why we're all on here :) I cant think of anything else except what the other ladies have offered xx hope you're feeling better soon

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.

I guess the important thing is to just keep trying and not give up when this happens, frustrating as it is. It seems to be a pattern so I suppose it's just the way my body works and is should get used to it and stop obsessing over the scales.

Onwards and upwards........ (Or should I say downwards??)

from what i have read many reach a plateau where they go 2 or 3 weeks with no loss then sudden;ly the loss starts again i wouldnt worry to much right now about it just keep doing what your doing and it will happen

Don't worry about it too much.easy to say, I know.... but our bodies do very odd things!

I was 2lb up this week with no valid reason. Now away on business for 5 days so can't get near the scales....

My chart goes down and up and down.. often long stalls too. Ultimately those, if your eating is on track - give it time and try not to stress x

Try not to stress Hun I know it's difficult when we see no change but if your following the rules your body will catch up x x

I had a horrible 4 week stall at three weeks post op! That was horrible and a mind twister for sure. Felt like giving up and eating all comfort foods again but then I read that it was normal and I will start to lose again. I kept to the right foods and made sure I drank lots of water. It's horrible but it's normal xx

Back