• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Blaaahh!!!

thinkbethin

Well I'm eating my words about the thought I had sunstroke on friday. I spent the whole of yesterday in bed and have only just come down stairs today.
I feel like every bone in my body is trying to escape my flesh. I'm freezing one minute and red hot the next with a temperature of 39.1.
I also have a chest infection and because of all the coughing my port area feels really sore and tender.
I'm sat here now with the laptop and I'm absolutely wet through.
Needless to say I think I've got the flu. May I add not swine flu. I have no sickness but thats because I have no appetite. What terrible timing. Its my sisters wedding vow renewal on saturday and I'm doing the buffet. I'm going to have to wear the gloves and mask to keep the germs away lol. So if I'm not around much you know why, because I'm a big whimp that aches from top to bottom.
Moan over please don't go for the rope if I've depressed you lolxxx

Blimey Gaynor, do you think you should phone NHS Direct just to check or something. You sound like you are really suffering x

awwww, hope you feel better soon hun!! Take something for it!! Get doesed up real goooood!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Gaynor, I hope you will soon feel better. If you do have the flu, even with gloves and a mask you can still pass it on. The masks only work for something like 20mins. I also think with food hygiene laws etc that there are restrictions on preparing food for a public do if you have a contagious infection. It might be worth talking to your GP. Hopefully it might be a 48hr thing? Drink plenty of fluids and up your vitamin C intake (it might help). If you find drinking difficult sucking on ice cubes, lollies or tip tops (whoops showing my age, freezer pops), will help.

Rebirth

Gaynor (seen your name ) God you sound terrible i hope you get over the flu / virus quickly. Another lady on here sounds similar wrap up or cool off drink plenty and rest lots of cyber hugs Mia

Well I'm eating my words about the thought I had sunstroke on friday. I spent the whole of yesterday in bed and have only just come down stairs today.
I feel like every bone in my body is trying to escape my flesh. I'm freezing one minute and red hot the next with a temperature of 39.1.
I also have a chest infection and because of all the coughing my port area feels really sore and tender.
I'm sat here now with the laptop and I'm absolutely wet through.
Needless to say I think I've got the flu. May I add not swine flu. I have no sickness but thats because I have no appetite. What terrible timing. Its my sisters wedding vow renewal on saturday and I'm doing the buffet. I'm going to have to wear the gloves and mask to keep the germs away lol. So if I'm not around much you know why, because I'm a big whimp that aches from top to bottom.
Moan over please don't go for the rope if I've depressed you lolxxx

Hi Gaynor

You poor thing!

You do have a high temperature and it might be an idea to call your doctor...just to make sure and to see if there is anything he can give you...if you have a chest infection, they might need to give you antibiotics.

I do hope you'll well enough for your sister renewal of her vows...I'm sure you will be...

You take care now...call the doc first thing...look after yourself.

(((hugs)))

Thanks you lot!!! Snow I've got the ant-biotics already.Went to gp friday for them because I was really struggling with my chest. I have brittle asthma so have to be very careful and he wanted to admit me to hospital. I would'nt go because there are more germs there for me to catch. No disrespect for the ward but with everyone suffering the same with it being the respiritory ward I thought I'd be better off at home. I spent last night with a freezing face cloth over my head to try and fetch the temperature down. If I'm no better by wednesday Jess is going to do the buffet for me. I asked her and she said "yes" as long as I can tell her what to do lol. Thats a first, they don't usually like being told what to do!!

Hope u feel better soon hun. And the wedding goes well! xxx

feel better soon.xxxx

Get_well.gif

Thanks you lot!!! Snow I've got the ant-biotics already.Went to gp friday for them because I was really struggling with my chest. I have brittle asthma so have to be very careful and he wanted to admit me to hospital. I would'nt go because there are more germs there for me to catch. No disrespect for the ward but with everyone suffering the same with it being the respiritory ward I thought I'd be better off at home. I spent last night with a freezing face cloth over my head to try and fetch the temperature down. If I'm no better by wednesday Jess is going to do the buffet for me. I asked her and she said "yes" as long as I can tell her what to do lol. Thats a first, they don't usually like being told what to do!!

I was just checking to see how you were this morning when I see this.

I think you made the right decision about hospital...and it's good that you have the antibiotics for the chest infection.
My lovely dad had asthma and he had to be careful about chest infections.

Now that could be fun...giving orders...and even better when they have to do what you say.

How are you feeling today though?...Hope you are better than yesterday.

(((hugs)))

aww hun take care. I know exactly how you feel right now, got antibiotics too for urine infection. Its awful and you feel so drained.

Im sat here still in my pj's n dressing gown lol

Take it easy hun it will clear soon :D

How are you feeling Gaynor, hope things are improving x

How are you feeling Gaynor, hope things are improving x

Jenni I feel shocking. I've never felt so ill in all my life. Every bone in my body is aching, my head feels like its going to explode, my chest just is'nt clearing and I feel like I'm cracking my ribs each time I cough. My temperature is fluctuating between 38 and 40.2 so if anyone would like the pleasure of giving me a bullet then please hurry up and do it lol. Sorry for the maon but god this is really sh*t. I'm not a whinger normally but even I'm getting sick of hearing myself moan. My poor hubby, I feel so sorry for him because he's not used to hearing me either so he does'nt know what to do for me. If I don't know what I want I can't expect him to know can I.
Well all food preperations for my sisters party have been deligated away from my home. I'm beginning to wonder if this is swine flu after all. I started last thursday and I'm getting no better so what do you think?. Normally if I get a bad cold or a bit of flu, itstarts clearing after a few days but not this time. Sorry again if I've depressed you allxxxx

Back