• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling cold

chris2710

How long after a bypass do we start feeling warm. I know it's due to the low calorie intake but do our bodies ever get used to it and start to feel warm again.

Fizzpot

Do you feel cold due to all the weight you have lost? Xx

happy days

I think it's because you don't eat enough to cause warmth. The little we eat gets used on energy. I only say that as personally I've never been warm since the day I got out of hospital.

Cicca

4 years on and I still get cold fingers and toes all year round.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

chrisa

well i was often cold before the op but even more so now, thought I wouldn't see the frosty days out this winter. Considered going into hibernation with the hedgehogs and coming out in springtime. Doesn't matter what i wear, and to top it all off I have hot flushes due to the menopause so go from one extreme to another my poor body is confused. xx

chris2710

Oh I hoped it was a passing thing. Know what you mean about the hot flushes Christa, have the same problem myself

chris2710

Sorry Chrisa, dyslexic fingers

chrisa

Its nice to learn we are not a lone isn't it. I go to bed with the hope of cuddling in to my hubby and getting my cold feet warmed up forthe first time that day and what happens as soon as i get near that quilt wooof and i'm on fire sweat standing on my face and within 5 minutes its all over and i'm freezing again quilt back on and then during the night we go through it all again several times, what a life. xx Don'tworry bout tha name i answer to anything polite xx

Miss Tickle

I'm the same Chrisa. Freezing cold all day then hot flushes alternating with being cold all night. Even when I'm having a 'tropical moment' my bottom half remains really cold. It's a weird and unpleasant feeling and I'm hardly getting any sleep at all !

chrisa

Yes thats just like me its only me top half that gets hot from the base of my bust upwards. Its a bloody nightmare. spen d half the night tossing and turning and getting the quilt off and putting it back on. xx

Miss Tickle

I'd never had a hot flush before my op and my gp told me my blood tests showed I was post menopausal 3 years ago. I was upset coz it was early but was glad to think I'd got away with it !

chrisa

I was 37 when i started with the menopause they said wot about my older sisters were they menapausal early too, no was the answer neither of them and they still not menopausal only me and i'm the youngest and I m 47 now nearly a year since my last period so am hoping thats the finish but they tend to come back again. xx

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Its nice to learn we are not a lone isn't it. I go to bed with the hope of cuddling in to my hubby and getting my cold feet warmed up forthe first time that day and what happens as soon as i get near that quilt wooof and i'm on fire sweat standing on my face and within 5 minutes its all over and i'm freezing again quilt back on and then during the night we go through it all again several times, what a life. xx Don'tworry bout tha name i answer to anything polite xx

Thank God its not just me
I am with you on freezing during the day and the night sweats/freezing cold during the night.
I have sweated that much in the night I've woke up dripping wet, sheets soaked and thought I'd wet the bed :eek:

penelope1008

I need thermals a lot of the time now I don't have such a thick personally insulated layer round the bones, but have the odd hot flush day or night I think it's the body releasing stored hormones from the fat layers, as I had a full hysterectomy nearly 9 yrs ago so was put in a drug induced menopause prior to that & had het for a while but caused lots problems had a bad few months once they stopped them but had no symptoms since about 15mths post that op. so 7.5yrs ago ish.

pandora

finding my way again !
Perversely I am looking forward to being cold . At work it is so hot & the Windows only open a couple of inches . Come the warmer months I literally drip with sweat & its most unpleasant .