• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Down

Keza Roo

Hi Sorry I haven't been posting very much but I am feeling very low these past few weeks since the 26th Dec 2011 to 16th Jan 2012 I have only lost 4 pounds I am doing 20 mins of Just Dance 3 everyday plus eating but its not shifting. Only good news was that I went to the hospital yesterday and I no longer have Diabetes which is good but I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Sorry for moaning but could I ask what people that had had the op 15 weeks in was eating and doing just feel very low :cry: :cry: xx

Xmas cocked us all up....my diary gets logged daily on myfitnesspal its the one thing I do religiously!! Feel free to browse as my band was fitted 4th oct xx

Thanks hun I do my Fitness Pal and it keeps telling me that I am having few less calories I don't think I could eat anything else xx

Ps how much protein v carbs you having?

I'm pre-op hun so can't help but I'm sure some lovely post-oppers will be along to give advice soon. Congratulations on the diabetes though, that's fab! x

I don't think I have got this calorie thing on Fitness Pal. Yesterday it says I had 95 Carbs and 32 Protein xx

Dont be too hard on yourself, you've already lost 8 1/2 stone, thats bloody amazing. Ok so you hav'nt lost as much since boxing day its just a blip. Carry on doing what your doing and it will start up again.
Chin up
Kim x

I don't think I have got this calorie thing on Fitness Pal. Yesterday it says I had 95 Carbs and 32 Protein xx

Hi Kerry sweetie :) Adjust your settings on MFP to show your calories, but can see you need far more protein than 32gms. I average 70 to 80 & drink at least 2 ltrs of fluid. Sorry you are feeling down after such a brilliant start, lovely. I have not been on here much this past week or so as have had a few non WLS probs myself, but if you want to PM me I will do my very best to help you, honey xxx mwah :wave_cry:

Thanks Twinkle hope you are alright I will keep fighting with it just got a little upset this morning quite annoyed with myself I didn't know what I had done wrong xx

Increase your protein, aim for atleast 900 cals per day, and try to vary the exercise even if it's just time of day you do it. At 15 weeks I was having 3 protein based meals and 2-3 protein based snacks per day, no simple carbs, and no exercise.

A normal day would be -

B - poached egg and reduced sugar baked beans
Snack - slice of ham and a babybel light
L - salad of spinach, grated carrot, sweetcorn and tuna
Snack - low sugar yoghurt
D - 1/2 chicken breast, diced sweet potato , butternut squash and courgette all roasted in fry light
Snack - protein shake

Plus aiming for 2litres of fluids per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks hun I will give that a try xx

Good luck...def try upping the protein n dropping the carbs...it might just be the key xx

Sending you a HUGE hug, no advice as im pre op but i find if i don't drink enough water i stall and i vary my exercise as much as i can.
Keep going hun xxxxxxxxxx

Hang on in there Kezza, and try the advice above. You've done fabulously already and I'm sure it will start to come off again soonxx

Ww had a talk on eating post op today at support group. The main point was water and protein first. Sorry I can't help anymore than that xxx Hope you feel much happier soon xxx

Hi Kez, Just had a peek at your food diary for the last couple of days and can see you are carb heavy. Also you have one or two packs of mini ryvita plus 2 bags of crisps a day. If you don't break the habit of snacking on the wrong things now I think it will be much harder to maintain in the future. By all means have a snack of a pack of ryvita minis now and again-but get in your protein and vegetables first. And try not to eat them everyday hun. I was having a jumbo snack-a -jack each day as a snack/treat and it slowed me down. I realised that I needed to sacrifice it for some fruit. If you eat four packs of 'crisp' type things a day I think you might struggle in the long run.
I also noticed that you are drinking diet lemonade. We're told to NEVER drink fizzy drinks again post bypass as they adversely effect o0ur pouch. I've read that even letting them go flat is no good. Harsh, but I can tell you not a drop of my beloved diet coke has passed my lips since four weeks before the op.
Your calories are 1400. At nearly 6 months post op I make a real effort to get in 950 ish a day. Often I have around 800. I have read that many female bypassers MAINTAIN on 1400 calories. This is because once we have been fat and lost it by reducing calories our bodies learns to be more efficient and so we need less calories than someone who has never been fat.
Hope you don't get upset but to help you I just feel I have to be honest and say you are not following the post-op guidelines and to get the most from this gift you need to cut the crap, cut the carb and up the protein. Your wl so far is fab so you know you can do it. Don't miss the best window of opportunity hun.
Wishing you well x

Miss Tickle said:
Hi Kez, Just had a peek at your food diary for the last couple of days and can see you are carb heavy. Also you have one or two packs of mini ryvita plus 2 bags of crisps a day. If you don't break the habit of snacking on the wrong things now I think it will be much harder to maintain in the future. By all means have a snack of a pack of ryvita minis now and again-but get in your protein and vegetables first. And try not to eat them everyday hun. I was having a jumbo snack-a -jack each day as a snack/treat and it slowed me down. I realised that I needed to sacrifice it for some fruit. If you eat four packs of 'crisp' type things a day I think you might struggle in the long run.
I also noticed that you are drinking diet lemonade. We're told to NEVER drink fizzy drinks again post bypass as they adversely effect o0ur pouch. I've read that even letting them go flat is no good. Harsh, but I can tell you not a drop of my beloved diet coke has passed my lips since four weeks before the op.
Your calories are 1400. At nearly 6 months post op I make a real effort to get in 950 ish a day. Often I have around 800. I have read that many female bypassers MAINTAIN on 1400 calories. This is because once we have been fat and lost it by reducing calories our bodies learns to be more efficient and so we need less calories than someone who has never been fat.
Hope you don't get upset but to help you I just feel I have to be honest and say you are not following the post-op guidelines and to get the most from this gift you need to cut the crap, cut the carb and up the protein. Your wl so far is fab so you know you can do it. Don't miss the best window of opportunity hun.
Wishing you well x

That was an amazing reply Miss Tickle. Please be on hand when I am post op please :D

big hugs to you hun xx dont rely on fittness pal to tell you what you should or shouldnt eat etc... go back to you diet sheets from your hospital.. or giveyou dietician a call and see if she can look at your food intake and see what needs tweaking xx

Last edited:
Back