• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Down

Keza Roo said:
I am so happy with myself today I got weighed and I have lost 2 pounds :) xx

Woop woop!!!! Xx

I think that some dietician have given people different and conflicting advice.
I too have been told it is ok to drink fizzy drinks as long as they are diet.
But to be honest I have drank them but I have put a bucket of ice in them too get rid of the fizz as I have also read by others here that they have been told it's a no and others have suggest put ice with it!
I try to keep it to a minimal.
If your dietician has said it's ok then I don't see any harm however saying that maybe try and put some ice in to get rid of the fizz hun.
Once again well done on your weight loss.
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sorry to join in but I too have been told no fizzy drinks as they can stretch the pouch. Also have read somewhere that bypasses who do drink fizzy drinks are much more likely to regain weight over time:(

On a positive note, well done that the weight is now shifting again:)

Hello everyone fab thread I'm having a nightmare stall just now as well but it's due to all the same carb heavy snacking etc I'm reeling it in slowly but surely! excellent advice from all... Also shelbell what protein shake do you have? Xx

Any so long as its whey protein with at least 20g protein and no more than 2g net carbs per portion. Myprotein (.com I think) is a good site as you can buy sample sizes, which is worth doing as they come in massive tubs so a lot to buy if you don't like the flavour!

Another option is protein shots, which come in a test tube shape vial, and are like squash. You can buy them individually from holland & barratts or in bulk online, but check the carbs as some of them are energy ones with loads of sugar in them too.

There is a great old thread on here somewhere by phatgirl called where to buy protein shakes or similar with loads of info and links in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My surgeon said fizzy diet drinks are okay once in a while but not daily. He (and loads of other research) said that the pouch stretching is utter hogwash. But the reason they don't want us to rely on them as they aren't nutritious and they can lead to increased sugar intake due to the sweetness.

I find that I don't watch my calories too much but I watch my protein religiously. My weight will begin to creep up by a pound or two if I don't consumer 70-80 grams of protein per day. I also work out every day and need the protein to keep my body functioning properly.

Back