• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Down

Thanks everyone for yr advice I have just looked through my book again and it says that I can have any fizzy pop as long as it was diet but will recheck that with the dietician. This week has been a horrible week cos I am fallin into old habits husbands on lates so in the house on my own when the kids have gone to bed plus feelin low and thats what put my weight on in the first place cos I was depressed. I am goin to phone my dietician in the mornin cos my head is spinnin. Once again thank u everyone for all yr great comments and good advice. One good note today I got a pair of jeans size 26 when I went for my op in Oct 2011 I was in a size 34 so that as got me more focused xxx

Well done! That's a big difference! You go girl!

And good luck with the dietician x

Hey keza

1st of all well done on your dress size and the weight loss!

You have been doing well!

Only advice I can give you Hun is echo what everyone else has said and up your protien and fluid intake plenty of water.

You say you have lost 4lb don't feel disheartend at the end of the day a loss is a loss, and remember if you not losing pounds you are most probally losing inches you are doing well and I'm sure you will get on track.

Sending positive vibes to you ;)

Big hugs
Jojo
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You only had your op in October and you've lost over 8stone!!!! What are you complaining about! Everyone stalls every now and then. I stalled only five weeks post op; VERY disheartening. I have, admittedly, got less to lose than you, but still. I'm impatient and want to see the scales moving all the time and they don't!

Follow the good advice but try not to be so impatient (pot calling kettle black I know!)

Thanks everyone for yr advice I have just looked through my book again and it says that I can have any fizzy pop as long as it was diet but will recheck that with the dietician. This week has been a horrible week cos I am fallin into old habits husbands on lates so in the house on my own when the kids have gone to bed plus feelin low and thats what put my weight on in the first place cos I was depressed. I am goin to phone my dietician in the mornin cos my head is spinnin. Once again thank u everyone for all yr great comments and good advice. One good note today I got a pair of jeans size 26 when I went for my op in Oct 2011 I was in a size 34 so that as got me more focused xxx

I've just looked at some of your earlier diary entries and can see the crisp and crisp substitute consumption going up lately, and from what you say above you're aware of it yourself. I think you've done really well here to identify that it is an old habit-the comfort eating habit. I know that blighter so well! The fact that you're being so honest with yourself is excellent and being pro-active and speaking to your dietician is a good sign, as is that you can identify your success so far ( which is inspirational!). It'll be interesting to see what advise you get about the fizzy drinks as according to my dietician they are the devil incarnate in a fluid form !!
Good luck, I'm sure this is just a tiny blip that you're sorting out really quickly
xx

Miss Tickle said:
I've just looked at some of your earlier diary entries and can see the crisp and crisp substitute consumption going up lately, and from what you say above you're aware of it yourself. I think you've done really well here to identify that it is an old habit-the comfort eating habit. I know that blighter so well! The fact that you're being so honest with yourself is excellent and being pro-active and speaking to your dietician is a good sign, as is that you can identify your success so far ( which is inspirational!). It'll be interesting to see what advise you get about the fizzy drinks as according to my dietician they are the devil incarnate in a fluid form !!
Good luck, I'm sure this is just a tiny blip that you're sorting out really quickly
xx

Can't echo your advice enough miss tickle! 2 great posts having taken the time to review their food diary...good on ya!

Hi Sorry I haven't been posting very much but I am feeling very low these past few weeks since the 26th Dec 2011 to 16th Jan 2012 I have only lost 4 pounds I am doing 20 mins of Just Dance 3 everyday plus eating but its not shifting. Only good news was that I went to the hospital yesterday and I no longer have Diabetes which is good but I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Sorry for moaning but could I ask what people that had had the op 15 weeks in was eating and doing just feel very low :cry: :cry: xx

Kerry,

I am not loosing either, since 31st Dec i have only lost 2 lbs, have been doing 20 mins of step on the wii most days - so i understand so much how you are feeling - more so when others are doing so well - i was wondering too what i am doing wrong, we need a stalling thread so we can try to see why !! take care i hope it starts coming off for you - it really is depressing when it doesnt appear to move. xx

Increase your protein, aim for atleast 900 cals per day, and try to vary the exercise even if it's just time of day you do it. At 15 weeks I was having 3 protein based meals and 2-3 protein based snacks per day, no simple carbs, and no exercise.

A normal day would be -

B - poached egg and reduced sugar baked beans
Snack - slice of ham and a babybel light
L - salad of spinach, grated carrot, sweetcorn and tuna
Snack - low sugar yoghurt
D - 1/2 chicken breast, diced sweet potato , butternut squash and courgette all roasted in fry light
Snack - protein shake

Plus aiming for 2litres of fluids per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

What would you have been having at around weeks 7 - 10 ? thanks x

I phoned the dietician this morning had a really good chat with her she has told me not to get down bout it and it is still a big thing to get my head round. She says its fine to have fizzy drinks as long has they are diet she has told me to have more fluids has I am not having my daily intake but I never did. Gave me a few food options which I will be trying and feel a lot better now. Glad my husband only works late's one in every 15 weeks. We will see what happening when I get on the scales on Monday. Thank you once again for everybody comments and advice today is a different day a very positive day Thank you xxxx

Doughie said:
What would you have been having at around weeks 7 - 10 ? thanks x

Pretty much the same, I was eating normal food by week 4 post op and having 3 meals 2/3 snacks straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's the spirit keza!

Hope you dietician has helped you a bit more!

I know the feeling when hubby works nights, my bf works nights and I work days he finishes at 2 in the morning.

It's so easy to give in to temptation have done a few times, old habits die hard Hun. but you know where you are going wrong and have established it.

So you are on the right track chick.

Good luck and positive thoughts

Love jojo xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for your helpful post miss tickle. It helps so much when people give your thoughts and views and helps so many people. I to was told no fizzy drinks and have not touched once since and i found that hard. (loved my diet coke with lots of ice lol)

I am so happy with myself today I got weighed and I have lost 2 pounds :) xx

Keza Roo said:
I am so happy with myself today I got weighed and I have lost 2 pounds :) xx

Woohoo!!! Well done!!! Seems you are back on track. How lovely that must feel! X

well done Kerry !!!

Think that is what is called nipping it in the bud, Kerry lovely :) Well done ;)
Is your dietician Narissa? Only given that we were in the same room together & I was told no fizzy drinks, I am wondering why she has told you something different :confused::confused::confused: I was never a fizzy drink person anyway, but it must be torture for those who were addicted & have been told it is a definite no no only to find it can be had :confused: Ah well ... another WLS mystery, lol ... one of millions :D xxx

Yeah hun its Narissa she gave me a booklet that tells u all the stages and what u can and can't eat on different stages it also had bit bout vitamins and dumping and also a few example meal times on each stage and when it shows u bout fluids it tells u fruit juice half juice and half water fizzy drinks as long has diet coridals got to be no added sugar, tea and coffee use sweetner instead of sugar cos I refer back to the booklet all the time plus my father in law and brother always drank diet coke so I am not sure. When I asked her the other day she said as long has its diet its fine but I only have lemonade. Feel so much better got my brain in gear and its paid off. Xxx

Back