• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling worried about lsd

Louisex21

ive got to start my lsd diet Monday and pack up smoking and stop my addiction to diet cola. I'm really worried I'm setting my self up for failure. I feel like I won't be able to keep it going for 4 weeks. I want this so bad but just feel like I'm going to fail and they open me up and close it straight away.. i feel like I haven't got the will power or it might be that it hasn't sunk in either. I know I really want it and it has been the best decision I've made

Which one are you doing? Milk diet or the chicken and green stuff one? Most of us got very worried about the LSD before we did it and then found it wasn't as bad as we thought and the first couple of days are the worst. The motivation comes from really wanting to wake up on the other side and not finding that they haven't done it. There are lots of posts in people's diaries that were testament to this.

Doing three things at once sounds very hard though, what support have you been offered with giving up smoking? I was told diet coke was ok pre-op but had to give up all fizzy stuff afterwards, which I actually didn't find difficult and gave away all my left over diet coke before I went in for surgery.

I used to have a major chocolate addiction which I managed to give up last year after I went to GP for referral as I knew I had to overcome that, and it was bad - 6 bars a day! There are some theories out there that it takes the brain three weeks to give up a habit, and I found this was so with the chocolate and i stopped craving it and could take it or leave it most of the time, although you will see from my recent diary posts I still have the occasional battle with certain brands and their association, but so far I am winning.

Have you heard of positive affirmations? Change your 'I feel like I am going to fail' to 'I am not going to fail' and say it every day and your brain will start to reprogramme itself.

We are all here to support you.

Consultant said it was ok to vape but other then that no support at all.. I currently drink 8 litres of Pepsi a day. But I know that I would be able to give that up and just drink water and I'm still in decided with the food or milk diet. I don't eat a lot of meals but my problem is portion control and milk I've never drank milk but I'm thinking milk though as then I can't go wrong where as food I think it's tempting to eat more.. well done on your weight lost that is amazing... xx

Consultant said it was ok to vape but other then that no support at all.. I currently drink 8 litres of Pepsi a day. But I know that I would be able to give that up and just drink water and I'm still in decided with the food or milk diet. I don't eat a lot of meals but my problem is portion control and milk I've never drank milk but I'm thinking milk though as then I can't go wrong where as food I think it's tempting to eat more.. well done on your weight lost that is amazing... xx
I did milk and natural yoghurt as then i didn't have to think about food. It also meant as I live on my own I could have no food in the house whilst i did it and liquid first stage post op. Have you not been allowed no added sugar (NAS) squash?

Are you NHS or private? Can you not get patches for the smoking on prescription from your GP?

Investing in some baby weaning pots, cutlery and plates helps me with portion control, and I still use them. I was terrible with my very large mixing bowl of porridge in the morning o_O

I can't stand squash the taste is aweful that's why I would just drink water. But think milk is probably the best easy forward as that I can control and I'm nhs... I'm going doctors today to get some patches aswel to kick start it as I need to think positive x

I can't stand squash the taste is aweful that's why I would just drink water. But think milk is probably the best easy forward as that I can control and I'm nhs... I'm going doctors today to get some patches aswel to kick start it as I need to think positive x
Go girl, that's the way to do it. :D

Hi Louise
What you've said above is an important part of our journey .. we've all been where you are now .. on the brink of a dream .. you've been handed a life line and you have only 2 choices .. and the choices are blunt and to the point ..
1). You don't take the life line .. you don't stick to the liver shrink diet , you don't stop smoking as suggested .. and this time next year you will be far heavier than you've ever been and life will be harder ..
2) . You embrace the life line and give it all you have .. you will reap the benefits time and time again .. this time next year maybe , you will be slimmer , healthier and happier with yourself ..

I say this from my own point of view .. I'm now 54 and spent 30 odd years allowing my skeleton to haul 2 people around .. my joints ESP my knees are nowworn out , I have arthritis and generally live on pain killers ..
You have to be ready to make the changes .. it can't be half hearted either , it's all or nothing .. Your relationship with food must change also ..
Read everything you can on all types of surgery and what it intails .. research and know your stuff on this , it will be of great help when your time comes ..
I wish you all the luck in the world .. I've been where you are , we all have so ask anything that's worrying you , one of us will know the answer
Xxxxx

Thank you and I know what your saying because it's the truth.. I've got some nicotine patches now haven't had a cigarette all day and drank water.. think it was sleep deprivation getting to me as I've woke up after a lot of thinking and looking at as many posts as possible and realised if people on here can do it so can I we are all in the same boat and I'm not afraid of failing no more because it's not an option in this case it's a life change and if I don't do it now I'll never do it.. thank you xx

Keep positive and crack on...soon as the pounds drop iff the excitement of this will give you such a buzz you will keep at it, good luck and well done you x

Thank you and I can see why this forum is such a massive success because everybody on here help each other and it's lovely to see xx

Thank you and I can see why this forum is such a massive success because everybody on here help each other and it's lovely to see xx
You have to believe you can do this,look how far you have come already! i did the low cal lsd for 4 weeks

Hello :) I had a serious addiction to Pepsi Max so I carried on drinking that a bit during the LRD as I knew once I'd had the op it was off the menu for good and I've honestly not craved it at all. Sometimes it does just click in your brain.
You can absolutely do this, you know what you want to get from it and you deserve to be successful x

Last edited:
ive got to start my lsd diet Monday and pack up smoking and stop my addiction to diet cola. I'm really worried I'm setting my self up for failure. I feel like I won't be able to keep it going for 4 weeks. I want this so bad but just feel like I'm going to fail and they open me up and close it straight away.. i feel like I haven't got the will power or it might be that it hasn't sunk in either. I know I really want it and it has been the best decision I've made

Coke is full of sugar.it doesn't hydrate you it makes you dehydrated , don't buy it ,it won't be in the house,
Not the ideal time to start a LSD diet so near Xmas,
But if you really want something you will do it,
I've never been a smoker so can't see the attraction to it , it stinks , makes your teeth yellow, and kills your lungs,.
Better off giving up , never look back
Your very privileged to have surgery , not sure if your NHS of private. But I had to fight for mine on NHS, two years later , I'm stable with my weight loss.
It's life changing surgery ,it's becomes part of a new way of life,
You still crave things in you head, remember that ,but can't always eat them ,if you do you body will basically react.
You won't be able to drink fizzy again after surgery , so get used to it now,
It will blow your new stomach up, stretch it, and you have to make the choice when you eat , not to drink and eat together.
Good luck I wish you well

I have gave up smoking and gave up the Pepsi. I've had a lot of time thinking about it and re searching and I suppose it's like alcohol people drink it and I don't understand why waste your money on making yourself look stupid? Doing silly things and then chucking up. I understand that I won't be able to drink fizzy pop hence why I have now gave it up and drink water.. I have done my research and I will stick to it 100% and give it my all..like most people it is daunting..

Thanks fee bee.. au think because it's took this long and it being so close everything is just nerves kicking in and I've decided to do the meal plans.. I've got a lot of support and going for my last supper Sunday.. going to get all my vitamins and health meals in tomorrow I'm ready to do this xx

Yep I think a lot of us can relate to the nerves. I read everything I could, I did all my appointments and planned ahead but when my date came through I felt like I totally panicked and everything I knew fell out of my head! After a day or so I started to feel very calm and back to being well prepared, head in the game etc. When you're jumping through all the hoops it doesn't feel really real, like you'll never get there and then suddenly you are there!
I think that unless you've tried to give up smoking its hard to really know how addictive it is. I've never met a smoker yet who didn't know how bad it was for them but quitting isn't as easy as applying logic to it. You've got a great reason to stay quitted now though (new word there, I just made it up ;) ) God knows how many times I tried and then we got pregnant and my it just clicked into place, I couldn't smoke and be pregnant it just didn't compute and we were done.
Anyway, there are loads of us here that get it so keep talking to us :)

Thanks fee bee.. au think because it's took this long and it being so close everything is just nerves kicking in and I've decided to do the meal plans.. I've got a lot of support and going for my last supper Sunday.. going to get all my vitamins and health meals in tomorrow I'm ready to do this xx
I did a 'last supper' too and I think it really helped me get my head around it. Sounds like you are doing great.

You will do just fine,I didn't have a " last meal" I had been reducing my food intake for a month or 2 before so had gotten use to eating less and didn't want to lose focus but do support those who do this
I wish you all the best you can do this!

Thanks guys only got tomorrow before I hit it hard I think it's finally sank in that it's life changing and will not have a opportunity like this I need to change my relationship with food and I've been so laid back with the process up until now. But now I'm ready and willing to change my relationship with food. Been shopping got all healthy stuff in. Brought some weighing scales. Spoke to hubby and said he he wants a chippy or a takeaway I would go for a walk or a drive to be out the house because I know if I'm not eating a lot he wont either as he said it's not fair but he is not big at all so don't want him malnourished lol.. thanks guys for the support aswel you have made me see sence xx

Back