• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling worried about lsd

Thanks guys only got tomorrow before I hit it hard I think it's finally sank in that it's life changing and will not have a opportunity like this I need to change my relationship with food and I've been so laid back with the process up until now. But now I'm ready and willing to change my relationship with food. Been shopping got all healthy stuff in. Brought some weighing scales. Spoke to hubby and said he he wants a chippy or a takeaway I would go for a walk or a drive to be out the house because I know if I'm not eating a lot he wont either as he said it's not fair but he is not big at all so don't want him malnourished lol.. thanks guys for the support aswel you have made me see sence xx
It's not a bad idea at the start to maybe be somewhere else when family or friends are having a meal that you want to avoid but to be honest you can't keep doing that as time goes by the smell/ thought/ desire for that food just " goes" and your able to sit amongst it and it not faze you at all, think about it you probably do that with foods your family eat but your not keen on.... In my case liver and bacon or pesto!

Thanks guys only got tomorrow before I hit it hard I think it's finally sank in that it's life changing and will not have a opportunity like this I need to change my relationship with food and I've been so laid back with the process up until now. But now I'm ready and willing to change my relationship with food. Been shopping got all healthy stuff in. Brought some weighing scales. Spoke to hubby and said he he wants a chippy or a takeaway I would go for a walk or a drive to be out the house because I know if I'm not eating a lot he wont either as he said it's not fair but he is not big at all so don't want him malnourished lol.. thanks guys for the support aswel you have made me see sence xx
Brilliant :banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance: have some dancing bananas and some YMCA bunnies to celebrate

It is easier being around other people's food once you have had the surgery as you feel less hungry as your ghellin cells will have been removed with your sleeve and your taste buds change, plus you will learn to identify what food is causing head hunger - the foods that you have good emotional associations with, and what is happening and why you need to induce that emotion and what you can do instead that generates the same feeling... Hugs, a chat, a soak in the bath - anything that makes you feel good doesn't involve food. Doesn't happen overnight and there may be the odd blip, but your brain does adjust . Good on your hubby though for supporting you as I had one a long time ago who would scupper every time I tried a diet by buying me chocolate - known as feeders I now know as they don't want you to lose weight because they are worried other men will find you attractive. There are a few lurking in the backgrounds of people on here who bring them cake!

My husband has stated he doesn't want me to have it done but not for that reason but because I have never had an operation in my life and he said the thought of seeing me after my op really scares him and he doesn't know what to expect and my mom is extremely scared to as I'm her baby and never been put to sleep so they are worried for that reason only but they are both excited as they no this will give me my new lease of life I will no longer hide in summer and have confidence and I think that's what will give me the will to carry on be able to sit on a aeroplane comfortable and that's all I'm going to think when I have bad days xxx

My husband has stated he doesn't want me to have it done but not for that reason but because I have never had an operation in my life and he said the thought of seeing me after my op really scares him and he doesn't know what to expect and my mom is extremely scared to as I'm her baby and never been put to sleep so they are worried for that reason only but they are both excited as they no this will give me my new lease of life I will no longer hide in summer and have confidence and I think that's what will give me the will to carry on be able to sit on a aeroplane comfortable and that's all I'm going to think when I have bad days xxx
I have had lots of ops, some more major than this and my daughter has had a couple and also had a very good friend who had open heart surgery a couple of years ago, so can relate to the feelings of those you mention. I had some anxieties about WLS because of what i had been told, but the NHS lists surgeons surgery records for different procedures and mine had never lost one yet, so I felt better after that. Doing lots of research helps as it helps deal with the fear of the unknown. Have they been to your appointments with you as I am sure the team would be happy to explain to them and to you what happens?

I must be very strange or lucky as I had no fear at all about the surgery! I read so much pre and post op and listening to my team I went in with no concerns at all in fact I was told later I was a model patient and everything went text book! I wish only the same for you x

Thank you... I hope mine does go aswel as yours. I'm feeling positive tonight ready for the 4 week milk diet which I chose as I have such a hectic life saves looking up calories etc. Brought my vitamins aswel today and lots of water... so I'm ready for this now and I'm going to keep telling myself when I feel down just think of this nice holiday abroad xx

Believe me when I say this WLS will change your life forever it did mine I kidded myself that I was " happy" been chubby /big boned /fat friend but I was unhappy and had to do something about it but a major health scare happened and once I was given the all clear it was then I went to my GP and got the ball rolling and around 18 months later had my op and 2 years post op and around 15 stones down I'm half the woman I use to be! I know whatever you need to lose you will do so and marvel at your new life!

Still feeling very crappy I'm barely getting 500ml in any liquids in a day.. every time I take a sip it hurts phoned gp who told me to phone hospital so just awaiting for a phone call. Is this normal I can't seem to get wind up so it feels like wind on wind building up and constantly tired. 5 days post op any ideas would help a lot xx

Still feeling very crappy I'm barely getting 500ml in any liquids in a day.. every time I take a sip it hurts phoned gp who told me to phone hospital so just awaiting for a phone call. Is this normal I can't seem to get wind up so it feels like wind on wind building up and constantly tired. 5 days post op any ideas would help a lot xx
I had the same problem it is normal don't worry. Pain eases after a week but wind pain can go on for two weeks sometimes longer. Walk around and drink peppermint tea it'll all come up eventually so don't worry.

With regards to fluid it'll be low - some people can do it faster than others I think I was on less than 500ml at your stage. Grab a smaller cup and set time slots for when you have to drink it by. 100-150ml per hour. You really have to focus on remembering and attempting to drink. Just make sure you are sipping tiny amounts xx

yep, normal. Tiredness will be down to anaesthetic which i have been told takes 3 months to completely leave the body, the lack of adequate nutrition over the past few weeks, body has been through a trauma, and everything is still healing.

I struggled to get liquids in and it had to become a full time job between resting. You are probably experiencing some constipation as well due to lack of fluids and that will not help when trying to get anything down - sip, sip day and night. Peppermint tea and Milk of Magnesia helped with the wind.

What pain relief are you on?

I had the same problem it is normal don't worry. Pain eases after a week but wind pain can go on for two weeks sometimes longer. Walk around and drink peppermint tea it'll all come up eventually so don't worry.

With regards to fluid it'll be low - some people can do it faster than others I think I was on less than 500ml at your stage. Grab a smaller cup and set time slots for when you have to drink it by. 100-150ml per hour. You really have to focus on remembering and attempting to drink. Just make sure you are sipping tiny amounts xx

yep, normal. Tiredness will be down to anaesthetic which i have been told takes 3 months to completely leave the body, the lack of adequate nutrition over the past few weeks, body has been through a trauma, and everything is still healing.

I struggled to get liquids in and it had to become a full time job between resting. You are probably experiencing some constipation as well due to lack of fluids and that will not help when trying to get anything down - sip, sip day and night. Peppermint tea and Milk of Magnesia helped with the wind.

What pain relief are you on?
Thank you I was getting worried that something was wrong with me. It does help when people go through the same can ease your mind.. I'm drinking peppermint tea well trying to but will just keep on sipping and take it how it comes instead of going into panic mode. Thank you ladies xxx

Lol thank you i took the dog a walk today to see if I can shift this wind but it's just being stubborn clearly. But I will try and get more fluids in xx

Walking as much as I could, even if it wasn't much helped with the wind. I had a bit of gripe water that I used to give my babies and that helped too. What I remember is when I started to feel better it felt like I felt loads better day by day, it surprised me how noticeable it was. As the others have said it's a major op so be kind to yourself and I know it's a full time job but keep sipping fluid as much as you can because it will also help you feel a lot better.

There's a lot of betters in that paragraph! Sorry ;)

Fingers crossed for you :) yeah I was walking up and down the garden forever lol xx

Walking as much as I could, even if it wasn't much helped with the wind. I had a bit of gripe water that I used to give my babies and that helped too. What I remember is when I started to feel better it felt like I felt loads better day by day, it surprised me how noticeable it was. As the others have said it's a major op so be kind to yourself and I know it's a full time job but keep sipping fluid as much as you can because it will also help you feel a lot better.

There's a lot of betters in that paragraph! Sorry ;)
I am very grateful for the advice and haven't been toilet for 6 days which is not helping sorry tmi.. been constantly sipping today and have a little more energy think I've managed 250ml so far so that's pretty good going to try a options hot chocolate in a bit to see if the milk helps line my stomach... I just underestimated the pain of wind I think.. never imagined it could or would be this painful. But it's so right what your saying each day is getting slightly better and I think I'm wonder women and can do everything but reality is I'm just normal person that has had a op and recovering xx

Don't worry about TMI seriously. We all get constipated at some point, a lot of us on the LRD and after the op. I have long standing bowel issues to start with so really have lost all sense of propriety when it comes to talking about my bum if I'm not careful.
6 days is rough, if you don't have something to take already ask your GP? I felt so much better after I'd gone. Sorry another better!

Definitely second the constipation thing... ask your team ur eventually they allowed me to have some duculox whatever it's called always forget. Lactulose didn't touch me as I was so dehydrated. So lack of fluid/food is obviously a huge factor of the problem here for you. X

Back