• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling worried about lsd

Don't worry about TMI seriously. We all get constipated at some point, a lot of us on the LRD and after the op. I have long standing bowel issues to start with so really have lost all sense of propriety when it comes to talking about my bum if I'm not careful.
6 days is rough, if you don't have something to take already ask your GP? I felt so much better after I'd gone. Sorry another better!

Definitely second the constipation thing... ask your team ur eventually they allowed me to have some duculox whatever it's called always forget. Lactulose didn't touch me as I was so dehydrated. So lack of fluid/food is obviously a huge factor of the problem here for you. X
. I think lack of food lack of fluid and I don't even feel like going but I think once I've gone I would be a stone lighter lol.. wind isn't even coming out that end either so I'm deffo needing something and lactulose has never touched me either. I'm really glad I've had it done and do not regret it at all just wish I read more in to after the op and was more prepared instead of consentrating so much on pre op.. we all learn and this group is such a fantastic place for everyone I mean with advice ect and really has put my mind at rest rather me thinking I've have a stricture or a leak ect. To learn is actually normal.. my bowls are really not playing ball and I'm so scared of straining it's putting me off even attempting just incase I pop a staple in my pouch...suffering with head hunger at the minute to the point I dreamt about eating crisps and my husband said I was chomping in my dreams... I can deal with that at least I haven't the calories of them going in lmao think the morphine contributed to my strange dream though lmao xxx

Liquid morphine makes me hallucinate :) Luckily since I'm on morphine patches 24/7 I tolerate it that way just fine or life would be one long lucid nightmare!
Even now if I don't get at least 2 ltrs of water in a day it will effect whether I can go. Walking also makes a big difference for me too and these are both things you're struggling with right now x

It's easy to get so caught up in getting to the operation date you forget you need to know what to do when you wake up. That's one of the great things about communities like this one. Those of us that have been there already do understand how that feels and are happy to help and support where we can x

Liquid morphine makes me hallucinate :) Luckily since I'm on morphine patches 24/7 I tolerate it that way just fine or life would be one long lucid nightmare!
Even now if I don't get at least 2 ltrs of water in a day it will effect whether I can go. Walking also makes a big difference for me too and these are both things you're struggling with right now x

It's easy to get so caught up in getting to the operation date you forget you need to know what to do when you wake up. That's one of the great things about communities like this one. Those of us that have been there already do understand how that feels and are happy to help and support where we can x
that is so true feebee and I've been one of them thinking so much about the op and nothing afterwards. So now I sit and read as many diaries as possible for some in sight into life after surgery and without this forum I would of been lost and on the phone every 2 minutes!! Just so glad I'm not the only one and people understand it's hard to explain the pain to people who haven't had wls surgery. And upward struggle of getting fluid in... yes head hunger is starting but coping really well with it I actually cook to help it I know that may sound strange but if I can't eat it at least the enjoyment of cooking it is there... at what week can you move on to purée food not that I wouldn't think about it any time soon just wondering on time scales of stomach heeling ect xxx

I was allowed puree from a few days out, as long as it was very thin. But, as ever, your team will have their own guidelines they will expect you to follow so double check with them. It's amazing the difference in information we are given every step of the way.

Yes I've been told fluids for 8 weeks then start on purée which I though was a little steep but like you said every where is different but will double check in 4-6 weeks to see if I could start earlier then 8 weeks if struggling xx

Don't worry about straining and popping a staple in your pouch your abdominal muscles aren't near it no attached it'll just feel like it haha. Also you'd know if there was a leak. You would be more likely to be in pain 24/7 and to have a fever also. You've got this don't worry :) x
Thanks starryeyed you really have put my mind at rest just had a laxative so hopefully that should get the motion in the ocean moving and an amazing well done on your journey what fantastic results so far.. you really are a great inspiration for myself to do well xx

I must admit I have been stalking your diary past couple of days and I'm loving the pictures of yourself and the changes but also the meals as well. It's great because I was looking for ideas for when I can eatxx

I must admit I have been stalking your diary past couple of days and I'm loving the pictures of yourself and the changes but also the meals as well. It's great because I was looking for ideas for when I can eatxx
Honest to god all I done was read diaries for info lol the longer the better! I'm glad it's of some help to you xx

Honest to god all I done was read diaries for info lol the longer the better! I'm glad it's of some help to you xx
it really is tbh I can see what you ate on puree then Mashable then in to solids if gives me a lift knowing I'm not going to be on fluids for a long time and there is a light at the end of the tunnel xx

@starryeyed tonight I feel awful got the heating on full blast and I've got bad shivers and constantly freezing. Fluid intake has been good I thought today 2 sachets of laxatives later still no sign of movement. Reflux tonigh is bad even though I've took my anti reflux meds. Don't know what's going on is this normal and I'm being super paranoid. Any advice would be very much appreciated xxx

Yes I've been told fluids for 8 weeks then start on purée which I though was a little steep but like you said every where is different but will double check in 4-6 weeks to see if I could start earlier then 8 weeks if struggling xx
I was fluids for first two weeks - Stage 1, puree - Stage 2, and mash - Stage 3 - all two weeks, although I introduced each stage gradually, replacing only one meal a day with the next stage for a couple of days.

I would double check that 8 weeks with your team as it does seem very steep!

It sounds to me like it could be sugar in the laxatives too, especially as you have had two. Feeling cold and shivery is also common after WLS. I am now the proud owner of bedsocks and an electric blanket. ;) However, if no better in the morning probably best to ring and seek advice.

What fluid are you having other than water?

Sorry been taking apart a desk - keep an eye on it and see how you are over night it might be the sugar on the laxatives. They won't take effect until tomorrow but depends if you have enough in your system too xx

I was fluids for first two weeks - Stage 1, puree - Stage 2, and mash - Stage 3 - all two weeks, although I introduced each stage gradually, replacing only one meal a day with the next stage for a couple of days.

I would double check that 8 weeks with your team as it does seem very steep!

It sounds to me like it could be sugar in the laxatives too, especially as you have had two. Feeling cold and shivery is also common after WLS. I am now the proud owner of bedsocks and an electric blanket. ;) However, if no better in the morning probably best to ring and seek advice.

What fluid are you having other than water?
Nothing just nas squash as I'm struggling to have anything else even tho I had a quarter of a weetabix shake today which I was proud off. Just had a nice hot bath and still feel shivery and the laxatives was sugar free.. yes I thought 8 weeks was steep just double checked and it read 1-4 weeks broth liquid ect 5-8 weeks purée like oh my god think that's going to kill me lol the things we do to be healthy aye xx

Nothing just nas squash as I'm struggling to have anything else even tho I had a quarter of a weetabix shake today which I was proud off. Just had a nice hot bath and still feel shivery and the laxatives was sugar free.. yes I thought 8 weeks was steep just double checked and it read 1-4 weeks broth liquid ect 5-8 weeks purée like oh my god think that's going to kill me lol the things we do to be healthy aye xx
Well done on the Weetabix shake but it may be too thick at this stage, are there any other shakes you could try? I did Slimfast with extra milk in to make it more runny. It is important you get some protein in so you start to feel better. Or even just some milk... If you want broths then add Marvel dried milk to them for the protein. Your muscles will suffer without protein and told it really helps with your hair not falling out later.

Well done on the Weetabix shake but it may be too thick at this stage, are there any other shakes you could try? I did Slimfast with extra milk in to make it more runny. It is important you get some protein in so you start to feel better. Or even just some milk... If you want broths then add Marvel dried milk to them for the protein. Your muscles will suffer without protein and told it really helps with your hair not falling out later.
At the moment mr sleeve is loving sipping stew juice so I'm sticking to that. Had 2 cups of it this morning already but feeling very dizzy today almost feel like I'm going to pass out. Milk is not agreeing with me at all lately it's like it comes back up I can feel it in my throat. Pre op I could tolerate coffee post op I can't tolerate so drinking tea and sipping lime squash all day mr sleeve seems to really like them 3 only at the moment xx

Consultant said it was ok to vape but other then that no support at all.. I currently drink 8 litres of Pepsi a day. But I know that I would be able to give that up and just drink water and I'm still in decided with the food or milk diet. I don't eat a lot of meals but my problem is portion control and milk I've never drank milk but I'm thinking milk though as then I can't go wrong where as food I think it's tempting to eat more.. well done on your weight lost that is amazing... xx

reading this felt like i was reading something i had written (minus the smoking) I drank alot of fizzy pop, which ive stopped now. i didnt eat regularly and it was portion control tat was my issue, mainly in my evening meal. How are you getting on now, post op? how did you find the pre-op?

reading this felt like i was reading something i had written (minus the smoking) I drank alot of fizzy pop, which ive stopped now. i didnt eat regularly and it was portion control tat was my issue, mainly in my evening meal. How are you getting on now, post op? how did you find the pre-op?
I'm going to be honest and not sugar coat it.. pre op I thought I could do milk but I found it way to hard so I done low calories and even though I was completely fine knowing surgery was coming soon I would still eat more (a lot more then I should of) went on to Pepsi max also. Post op it's been way hard then I thought. I generally thought I would be a walk in the park like ya it won't bother me not eating as I've had the surgery and I can't eat... well that was a complete and utter stupid thing to think. Psychological hunger is far worse then physical hunger and what I know now i think I would of worked harder exercising and dieting because it's hard. In fact it's really hard but strange feeling is I don't regret it I've lost 10lb in 6 days and that's keeping me motivated and focused.. I don't miss Pepsi/coke at all I'm loving my lime juice and it's sitting really well with mr sleeve.. portion control i should of learnt myself to chew my food slowly and lots of times so it gives it time to digest. Having this op made me realise where I went wrong and how wrong my relationship with food was because I feel so different now about food I no longer see it as my friend I see it as my enemy and how it made me fat and lazy. I should of gone to the gym and done something a lot sooner so In a way it's help me see sense xx
Are you on pre op?? Xx

I'm going to be honest and not sugar coat it.. pre op I thought I could do milk but I found it way to hard so I done low calories and even though I was completely fine knowing surgery was coming soon I would still eat more (a lot more then I should of) went on to Pepsi max also. Post op it's been way hard then I thought. I generally thought I would be a walk in the park like ya it won't bother me not eating as I've had the surgery and I can't eat... well that was a complete and utter stupid thing to think. Psychological hunger is far worse then physical hunger and what I know now i think I would of worked harder exercising and dieting because it's hard. In fact it's really hard but strange feeling is I don't regret it I've lost 10lb in 6 days and that's keeping me motivated and focused.. I don't miss Pepsi/coke at all I'm loving my lime juice and it's sitting really well with mr sleeve.. portion control i should of learnt myself to chew my food slowly and lots of times so it gives it time to digest. Having this op made me realise where I went wrong and how wrong my relationship with food was because I feel so different now about food I no longer see it as my friend I see it as my enemy and how it made me fat and lazy. I should of gone to the gym and done something a lot sooner so In a way it's help me see sense xx
Are you on pre op?? Xx

not on Pre-op yet. Im at seminar stage, i go to seminar tomorrow. Ive already cut out fizzy pop and im focusing more on my eating. I have no belief that this is going to be a walk in the park, i know its going to be a big change and im going to have to work with my bypass as it wont just do all the hard work for me. i just know i cant do it on my own and i need its help. im quite a slow eater anyway so that bit shouldnt be too difficult.

Fluids for 8 weeks does sound a bit extreme , I was on fluids for 4 weeks , 4 weeks. Purée.4 weeks mashed.
But I did advance with the mash stage into 2.5 weeks, as I was so weak and sick to deatH of purée,
You do what feels right for yourself,
You will feel weak and tried after a major operation. Having a sleep in the afternoon for about 6 weeks was normal for me,

Back