• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Filling foods

Sophie 124

Hello!
I have started counting calories rather than points (on advice of my nutritionalist).... So was wondering if anyone can help me out with any low calorie but also FILLING meals/foods that you have found useful (as I'm very hungry!) lol.
Cheers guys xx

miserable

Stuffed pepper. Mince meat a tin of tomatoes grated carrots mushrooms to oil as used the fat of the mince then cut big pepper in half baked it for 25 mns with grated cheese on top. Each time only managed 2tbs of minced mixture in half a pepper. Hth

miserable

No oil sorry can't type :)

JO28172

I don't cook so it's normally some horn of ready meal with veg or salad on the side...and always on a tea plate to control portion size. It takes me ages shopping now as check every label but worth it!!! It's often the cases that the slimming foods are worse than the shops home brands....you just have to check. My favourite at mo is m&s filled Yorkshire pudding (steak n gravy filled) which I have with veg..only about 220 cals if I remember rightly x

Sophie 124

Mmm the stuffed pepper sounds nice!
I keep hearing about this M&S Yorkshire pudding... Unfortunately I do not have an M&S nearby but if I ever pass one I may have to stock up on a few! Xx

Sophie 124

miserable said:
Stuffed pepper. Mince meat a tin of tomatoes grated carrots mushrooms to oil as used the fat of the mince then cut big pepper in half baked it for 25 mns with grated cheese on top. Each time only managed 2tbs of minced mixture in half a pepper. Hth

Ooh, have you worked our the calories for this? Xx

suebland

Hi sophie I am so like you Hun, I can eat just like before the band, have had my binges on crisps, curry you name it, I like cottage pie, with mashed carrots and swede, I am at your stage and that is filling, you can add mushy peas gravy anything to that got any questions I am having a telephone meeting wi my dietian tomorrow, can't wait for my fill, just don't feel any different at all x

Big an Bouncy

Good homemade soups and stews,casseroles.Plenty of slow cooked meats and veg.Tinned stewed beef or mince is fab with mash!

JO28172

cook it in slow cooker and you'd be gone sue, as the meat melts...yum :)

JO28172

Not gone..fine!! Bloomin fone!

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Any more ideas Guys and Gals Im making a list???

WeightlossDreamer

Courgette fritters make a lovely accompaniment to a meal. All you need is a medium courgette grated, 2 beaten eggs, 3tbs flour, salt, pepper and 2 tbs oil (i use fry light) Heat the oil. Mix all the ingredients together and season. Then pour 2tbs mix into the pan. About 90 seconds each side and their done. They are lovely too. For the recipe i used each large fritter worked out at about 58cals with 4.14g of protein. I recently had them and added chilli flakes to them and dipped them in hoisin sauce that was yum. You can also adapt the recipe and use sweetcorn instead of courgette. x

WeightlossDreamer

I also have a recipe for "chicken fried rice" using cauliflower.

Ingredients:
Half a head of cauliflower
half an lb of chicken
4 spring onions
2-3 tbsp soy sauce (i used light soy)
4 minced cloves of garlic
2 eggs
half a cup of frozen peas
salt to taste

Method:
grate half a head of cauliflower
cook the chicken
put a tbsp of oil in a pan (i used fry light)
Once heated add the garlic then the cauliflower,
Add spring onion, soy sauce and the peas,
Stir well, then move the mix to one side of the pan,
Scramble the eggs in the empty side,
Once cooked mix with the "rice"
Add the chicken and serve.
My recipe made 3 portions at 270cals, and 25g of protein.

Val

Committed Weight Loser
I also have a recipe for "chicken fried rice" using cauliflower.

Ingredients:
Half a head of cauliflower
half an lb of chicken
4 spring onions
2-3 tbsp soy sauce (i used light soy)
4 minced cloves of garlic
2 eggs
half a cup of frozen peas
salt to taste

Method:
grate half a head of cauliflower
cook the chicken
put a tbsp of oil in a pan (i used fry light)
Once heated add the garlic then the cauliflower,
Add spring onion, soy sauce and the peas,
Stir well, then move the mix to one side of the pan,
Scramble the eggs in the empty side,
Once cooked mix with the "rice"
Add the chicken and serve.
My recipe made 3 portions at 270cals, and 25g of protein.

OMG that sounds wonderful!!! Thank you Kirsty

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Oh Dear God my mouth is so watering......roll on tomorrow