• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally have a date!

AmyP

Hi, my names Amy I'm 21 from Hull been waiting so long to finally receive my date! start the pre op diet Monday and go in on the 3rd and have the op (gastric bypass) the 4th and I'm really nervous! I'm super happy this day has finally come now though! can anyone tell me what kind of pain to expect after! thankyou!:)

Hi Amy,
I'm Pre-Op so don't have any helpful info, but just wanted to say congrats and I hope it all goes well for you.
I'm in Birmingham and have been waiting on a date since December but I get so excited when other people get theirs done!
All the very best!

Hi Amy I had a loop bypass 8 weeks ago, my experience was I had some localised pain on the day of op so accepted some pain relief overnight however the next day I didn't really have any pain as such I was more weary and exhausted and this lasted for about two and a half weeks until my body adjusted to the lower amount of calories I was consuming, get lots of rest and I'm sure you will be fine, lots of luck Xx

Thankyou Lisa! And goodluck! Hope all goes well! XXXX
And thankyou lolly Owen it's the only thing I'm really worried about! How do you feel in yourself now after 8 weeks? Hoping I recover quick xxx

Hiya I'm post op after bypass. Pain tolerance is different from one person to the next however in my experience it's the gas which causes the discomfort which you need to walk it out and I found squatting, It only lasted a short time. The other thing is your body has had truma so you need to rest well too. Listen to your provider what they tell you to do and you will recover well.

Well done on getting a date, not long to go now! I was very lucky no real pain to speak off just uncomfortable in the hospital bed, there is nothing like your own bed!

How did it go?

I hope everything went well :)

Hey! Everything went great it wasn't painful at all for me expect a few gas pains which went rather quickly:) I'm a little over 6 weeks out now and feeling fantastic!xx

Welcome back Amy ! Great to hear your doing good .. Keep us updated xxxxx

Congrats on your op, great to hear it's going so well for you.

Hope you're still recovering well :)

i'm really glad it went well and you are feeling good. keep us informed of progress, please.

Back