• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Today is exactly a year since my bypass surgery so i thought i should make the time to come online with an update.
I weighed myself today and I'm 16st 7lb which is a loss of 10st 13lb since my surgery and I think 16st 1lb total from the start of my weight loss surgery journey.
It's been an absolutely crazy year, full of ups and downs. My life has changed so so much and it's extremely overwhelming.
Most of last year was absolutely amazing for me. I've gone from a size 34-36 to a size 20, Become a lot more mobile, started learning how to drive and have generally felt more independent and useful. But sadly it wasn't all good. Last July, my aunt was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and by august it had already spread to her brain. By mid November she was in a hospice with all treatment options failing to make her any better or prolong her life. December 20th she got fluid on her lungs that became infected and we were told she only had a few days left to live. As our family rallied round her my other and eldest aunt was rushed into the hospital and sadly died the next day, December 21st, of heart failure. My aunt with cancer died on the 27th. It was a heartbreaking time for us all, They had a joint funeral which was a wonderful send off for them. Lots of people came and donated over £600 to two charities that helped both my aunts during their lives. But even in the saddest times I found myself being so thankful for my surgery and my weight loss because it meant i could be there for them how i couldn't have been before. I was able to visit my aunt in the hospice every other day, I was able to push her down to the cafe in her wheelchair, get her cake and put a smile on her face. I was able to attend their funeral and actually be a support for my family and not just something else they had to take care of.
I don't regret a single thing about having my surgery. It was the best choice I ever made for myself and I will say to anyone that is considering having surgery but are still unsure about it, DO IT! It will change your life more than you ever expected. It's hard, but it's worth it. And to anyone waiting for their dates... I'm so excited for you and the new life you have ahead of you. :hugs:

Awe sweetheart so so sorry for the loss of your aunts so sad x. But I’m so pleased you could be there for them and your family xx

Hey Ladies!! Just posted an update that took FOREVER because my 2 year old nephew was sitting on me at the same time and being a total butt. How are you both doing? :D

I’m good thanks Chick it’s lovely to hear from you. I miss your updates xx. You are such a brilliant inspiration for us all xx

I’m good thanks Chick it’s lovely to hear from you. I miss your updates xx. You are such a brilliant inspiration for us all xx

Thank you Irene! You look like you've been doing really well too. I still haven't been able to get updated with your diary. I'm gonna try to get some read tonight. You seem like such a cheerful, wonderfully kind lady so i know it will be a good read. Your hair looks lovely in your profile pic too!!

Last edited:
Than you Irene! You look like you've been doing really well too. I still haven't been able to get updated with your diary. I'm gonna try to get some read tonight. You seem like such a cheerful, wonderfully kind lady so i know it will be a good read. Your hair looks lovely in your profile pic too!!

I’m not so sure about that sweetheart on all counts lol. I love the forum and everyone on here trying to there best to support and care for each other. All my extended family now xx

Today is exactly a year since my bypass surgery so i thought i should make the time to come online with an update.
I weighed myself today and I'm 16st 7lb which is a loss of 10st 13lb since my surgery and I think 16st 1lb total from the start of my weight loss surgery journey.
It's been an absolutely crazy year, full of ups and downs. My life has changed so so much and it's extremely overwhelming.
Most of last year was absolutely amazing for me. I've gone from a size 34-36 to a size 20, Become a lot more mobile, started learning how to drive and have generally felt more independent and useful. But sadly it wasn't all good. Last July, my aunt was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and by august it had already spread to her brain. By mid November she was in a hospice with all treatment options failing to make her any better or prolong her life. December 20th she got fluid on her lungs that became infected and we were told she only had a few days left to live. As our family rallied round her my other and eldest aunt was rushed into the hospital and sadly died the next day, December 21st, of heart failure. My aunt with cancer died on the 27th. It was a heartbreaking time for us all, They had a joint funeral which was a wonderful send off for them. Lots of people came and donated over £600 to two charities that helped both my aunts during their lives. But even in the saddest times I found myself being so thankful for my surgery and my weight loss because it meant i could be there for them how i couldn't have been before. I was able to visit my aunt in the hospice every other day, I was able to push her down to the cafe in her wheelchair, get her cake and put a smile on her face. I was able to attend their funeral and actually be a support for my family and not just something else they had to take care of.
I don't regret a single thing about having my surgery. It was the best choice I ever made for myself and I will say to anyone that is considering having surgery but are still unsure about it, DO IT! It will change your life more than you ever expected. It's hard, but it's worth it. And to anyone waiting for their dates... I'm so excited for you and the new life you have ahead of you. :hugs:

This is such a heartwarming update. I feel so immensely proud of you for all your work to change your life for the better. I am so happy you have overcome some of your anxiety and are living a happier life.x

Hey Ladies!! Just posted an update that took FOREVER because my 2 year old nephew was sitting on me at the same time and being a total butt. How are you both doing? :D

I am doing ok
Had my operation on the 14/1
All is going well I think
Tiredness & emotional stuff that’s been the hardest bit
But everyday is getting better
I am sorry for your losses but you have been a great support for your family which would not have happened a year ago.
Be proud x

Oh Victoria, this made me smile and cry and smile again. Congrats on your one year,What a fantastic weight loss in a year that is and all the great things it's brought you. I'm so sorry for you losses, what a hard time that must have been, but like you said your weight loss made you present and that was lovely. And thanks for your closing comments, because everyday it scares me, wondering whether in doing the right thing, but when I read this, it makes me realize I am. You are a star. x

I'm good thank you :) How are you? I'm just gonna go looking for your diary!!
It's lovely to hear from you. I'm good thanksthanks, still trying to lose some, but at least maintaining which is what they have asked me to do, so all good. x

This is such a heartwarming update. I feel so immensely proud of you for all your work to change your life for the better. I am so happy you have overcome some of your anxiety and are living a happier life.x

Thank you, Kim! I think I realise now i was definitely making my anxiety worse before. It was a bit of a vicious circle. I wouldn't go out because I was so anxious and i would get more anxious about going out because i didn't go out. haha I think the weight loss has helped because when i finally did brave going out more you notice that everyone is different and everyone struggles with things but they're still doing it, so why shouldn't you? People can judge you but they shouldn't make a difference to your life because realistically you're probably never going to see them again so why does it matter so much what they think anyway?

Thank you, Kim! I think I realise now i was definitely making my anxiety worse before. It was a bit of a vicious circle. I wouldn't go out because I was so anxious and i would get more anxious about going out because i didn't go out. haha I think the weight loss has helped because when i finally did brave going out more you notice that everyone is different and everyone struggles with things but they're still doing it, so why shouldn't you? People can judge you but they shouldn't make a difference to your life because realistically you're probably never going to see them again so why does it matter so much what they think anyway?

Ah well said chick so proud of you :) xx

I am doing ok
Had my operation on the 14/1
All is going well I think
Tiredness & emotional stuff that’s been the hardest bit
But everyday is getting better
I am sorry for your losses but you have been a great support for your family which would not have happened a year ago.
Be proud x

Aw Emma I'm SO SO happy for you!! I'm sorry i missed your countdown i bet that was so exciting. How are you doing with everything? It's definitely an emotional ride but it's all worth it. Welcome to the losers bench! Your life is never gonna be the same :D Xx

Oh Victoria, this made me smile and cry and smile again. Congrats on your one year,What a fantastic weight loss in a year that is and all the great things it's brought you. I'm so sorry for you losses, what a hard time that must have been, but like you said your weight loss made you present and that was lovely. And thanks for your closing comments, because everyday it scares me, wondering whether in doing the right thing, but when I read this, it makes me realize I am. You are a star. x

Thank you!! You're a total star too though. I've just got up to date with your diary and saw you lost all your Christmas weight again already and that your last appointments went really well. Hopefully you get to see the surgeon soon and get your spot on the waiting list. The wait is THE WORST, you'll probably drive yourself crazy but at least you know you don't have to worry about the pre op diet with how well you know you can do on the milk diet!

Thanks, Bling!! You're doing Amazing yourself. Yours is one of the few diaries i make sure i check whenever I'm online now. It's nice you keep so up to date with everything... I'll always come back here to check in. I would have gone completely crazy without having these forums and the people on here to turn to over the course of my journey x
Thank you Victoria, that’s really kind, I often think my diary is quite boring....except when I fall off the wagon, I appreciate your kindness, take care lovely and keep up the great work xxx

Firstly happy surgiversar, the year has flown by so quickly.
I’m so very sorry for your sad losses, what an awful shock for you all. It’s comforting to read how your was helped to make it possible for you to be involved in the car of your aunt and indeed the funeral, I’m sure your aunts and your family are very proud of you.hope the driving is going well, what an amazing difference in clothes size and the weight loss is phenomenal.
Keep in touch, it’s always great to hear from you xxx

Thank you!! You're a total star too though. I've just got up to date with your diary and saw you lost all your Christmas weight again already and that your last appointments went really well. Hopefully you get to see the surgeon soon and get your spot on the waiting list. The wait is THE WORST, you'll probably drive yourself crazy but at least you know you don't have to worry about the pre op diet with how well you know you can do on the milk diet!
Thanks hun, you're so lovely. Yes I'll probably go crazy waiting, but will just have to ride it out. You take care xx

WOW just WOW, WHAT AN INCREDIBLE TRANSFORMATION XXXX

Back