• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days post op

cathyem

Good morning everyone. I had my surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday. I'm just getting my head round the medication and how much fluid I've got to get in. Any tips for the first few days would be gratefully received. Thank you :)

Good morning everyone. I had my surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday. I'm just getting my head round the medication and how much fluid I've got to get in. Any tips for the first few days would be gratefully received. Thank you :)

Btw I had the VSG

Congrats Cathyem!
During the fluids stage I was told to sip all day in order to get at least 1 litre. 1.5 litres would have been better but it turned out to be soooo difficult.
Didn't your team give you any guidelines?

Congrats Cathyem! During the fluids stage I was told to sip all day in order to get at least 1 litre. 1.5 litres would have been better but it turned out to be soooo difficult. Didn't your team give you any guidelines?

Thank you for this. Yes I've got guidelines but it's so much better coming from people that have gone through it. I'm having water, no added sugar jelly and Bovril. I know I can have de caf coffee but can I have skimmed milk with it?

I had my operation for the band on Tuesday and I've been told that I can have non lumpy soup (200ml), light smooth yoghurt, no added sugar jelly, boiled veg juice, bovril/oxo/knorr, puréed fruit, up to 100ml of fruit juice (diluted 50:50 with water), no added sugar squash, tea, coffee, peppermint tea to help the gas build up in the shoulder, fruit teas and 1 pint of semi skimmed milk per day. I've been told to have 3L-4L of fluid per day but that includes the soups and yogurt. Basically if can go up a straw, I can have it. Hope this helps?

I had my operation for the band on Tuesday and I've been told that I can have non lumpy soup (200ml), light smooth yoghurt, no added sugar jelly, boiled veg juice, bovril/oxo/knorr, puréed fruit, up to 100ml of fruit juice (diluted 50:50 with water), no added sugar squash, tea, coffee, peppermint tea to help the gas build up in the shoulder, fruit teas and 1 pint of semi skimmed milk per day. I've been told to have 3L-4L of fluid per day but that includes the soups and yogurt. Basically if can go up a straw, I can have it. Hope this helps?

Thank you Sam. I'll speak to my nutritionist and bariatric nurse this afternoon. How are you feeling? I have no wind pain and haven't had since the op, just getting rid of the wind. :)

I'm not feeling too bad thank you apart from the wind pain, I'm even using gripe water to try to get rid of it as for me, that's more painful than the actual surgery lol! How are you feeling?

I'm not feeling too bad thank you apart from the wind pain, I'm even using gripe water to try to get rid of it as for me, that's more painful than the actual surgery lol! How are you feeling?

I'm ok, still very bloated of course. I'm not enjoying injecting myself with blood thinners but it's got to be done. The hospital gave me peppermint water to take to help with wind, but I seem to be able to get rid of a lot of it on my own. I've had a pint of water, half a mug of warm Bovril and 2 ice poles today, and haven't had a second viewing anything so far. How about you?

Back