• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of pre op diet done

shell sorry i didnt mean that you sounded patronising anything but. I just hadnt connected the liver with the glycogen and just expected you to mind read my responce.
I think im just so excited that i have found this site with real people who have been there and othere who are going there.
sorry if i came across as not apriciating your responce. anything but.
thats where my name comes in
hopeless. (or so my 19 yr old says lol)

OI! Stop putting yourself down! You are NOT hopeless!

I didn't take your response as saying I was being patronising at all, that came from me re-reading my post and from my own insecurities so please don't feel you are in anyway responsible for that.

Am going to have to call you HC, I won't use the name you've chosen as it's just not true :) we're all here for you and if there is anything I can do just shout.

shell i better explain my name doesnt relate to my weight or inability to loose it its my sons pet name for me. Im a single mum and he is my one and only. Hes 19 and we have a fantastic relationship more like bezzie mates apart from the fact that he is sooooo bright His dad was good for something (brains). Hes a computer buff and no matter how many times he tries to explain something techi to me (i have usually asked the question first)i dont seem able to grasp it. So out of frustration whilst still laughing at me because im sat there looking completly bamboozled he usually says "mum yr a hopeless case but your my hopeless case so i will just have to punish you" Bless (sarcastic sod)
if you feel happier calling me HC thats fine
HC

sorry HC am just a huge believer in the importance of self esteem and positivity and I want everyone to feel good about themselves cos you are all such wonderful people :) I promise to stop putting my foot in my mouth honest!

lol HC not even if I cover it in Bovril?

Hi Lovebug..its going really well..been going for 4 days & have lost 10lb to date.

only really had a few episodes of feeling hungry. Which one are you doing?

good luck with it i`m sure you`ll be fine :)

OMG claire 7 days!!! Thats ridiculously exciting!

well done on the 10lbs, to think thats just the start!

so the milk diets been a good one then? I might ask about it when I go, and see if my tummy can cope with it. I'm not really looking forwards to it, whenever I've done things like Cambridge I've gotten really ill, tired and achey and sick, after just a couple of days :( Still it's only 2 weeks! It's worth it in the long run.

Hi Lovebug..its going really well..been going for 4 days & have lost 10lb to date.

:)

10lbs in 4 days, what a brilliant start, well done x

Wow Clairelou 10lbs in 4 days thats great !! i've been instructed to do 2 weeks of Slimfast so i have 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch and 1 for Dinner or have the soup. I'm also allowed a snack of 3 -5 pieces of fruit a day or 1 slimfast shake or soup so will happily munch the fruit through out the day :).

Today i went for lunch and as i was eating i realised it would be the last Lovebug style size meal i would be eating and it felt really good. I'm looking forward to the restriction and programmed way i will have to eat. I feel like mentally i have this person on my shoulder saying...From tomorrow You have to do this, You have to succeed and its a weird feeling because i realise the only way i will ever lose weight is through this type of lifestyle, having the worry of if i over eat throughout the next 2 weeks i may harm my surgery and then after the op i will have the worry of eating the wrong things which may sabotage my weight loss, cause me pain and also the amount of money it has cost me and my partner doing this...which i find great incentives to boost me.

For years i have tried everything, spent lots of money on faddy diets, awful pills and never really got to the root of the problem. I've been having counselling for a few months now which i chose to do due to personal reasons and through it realised food is my way out for problems i had to deal with. I was badly attacked in 2006 and in that time have put on 5 stone and now i have been dealing with the problems food is something i want to get control of and not let it become hold of me like it has. Its not the only reason i became overweight i have always been overweight i think i was born a biggun ha ha but over the years its always been the bain of my life and i feel so grateful to be able reward myself ( or rather my lovely man has !) with something that will be a tool for me to achieve the healthy lifestyle i know will be good for me mentally and physically.

The thing about me tho is that confidence has never been an issue with me (not saying being overweight makes u a shrinking violet !!) i'm a Freelance make up artist and i travel around doing magazines and shows and in the next few weeks i'm doing the finals for Miss England competition and i'm always surrounded by stick thin people, vain people even but i can honestly say i've never felt inferior. I take care in my appearance and clothes and in someway for years i always felt ...Oh well this is me and take me as i am but if i'm totally honest now....I can't wait to be slim and healthy and be able to buy the clothes i adore and run around in my job without having severe back ache carrying my case or when i stand for hours not feeling like i have been kicked up the backside ha ha ...PAINFUL !! Cus these are the symptoms i have and no one knows this beacause deep down i make out I'm Happy with how i am when really i wasn't and now.....I feel absolutly alive and sooooooo excited about this transformation that i will be going thru. and today is the last day i will ever be the weight i am, the mesurements i am and from tomorrow morning ....Lovebug is on the road to Slimsville doing her pre-op diet !!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeee !!! Gonna take pics tonight before bed of me aswell ....ha ha and for once not be thinking oh i hate it !! because tonight is the last photo of me in my over voluptous suit he he ! Don't mind being voluptous ha ha its just the "over" bit i want rid !!xx

god im so excited for all of u just about to have ur ops lol, i wish i knew about this site wen i had my op 1 year ago lol, im like a kid in a sweet shop lol, sending u all massive hugs and love xxx

I don't know what i would do without it ! i was looking at this site for months before. Then one day thought if they can do it so can i !! So i went to a surgeon in Harley street and this web site gave me all the info i needed !! Fabulous ...! and now i have the people to support me when i need it too...what more could i want :)

I know what you mean, last weekend when I was in bed for 4 days going mad with boredom and thinking till my brain went dead this site was a saviour, and honestly some of the kindest and most caring people I've met.

Back