• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First lap band fill

JOWOOD4

I'm going for my first fill today and I can't believe how nervous I am. Really shaky and feeling quite sick. Maybe having no food since last night is not helping but I can't believe I am being such a baby
jo XX

dont panic!
its really nothing to worry about, it really just feels like when they take blood from your arm.

I had my second fill yesterday, I was nervous about it after reading a few stories about it being painful. I gripped the table and closed my eyes & braced myself for a shocking pain. a few minutes later I felt really silly for getting myself worked up.

you'll be fine, if you managed the operation ok, you'll not even think twice about the fills. I bet you wonder what the worry was about when you come out.

good luck xxx

They are less painful than a blood test...as the needle only has to get through skin and fat and then the port, once it's in you really don't know its there at all.

Its a really incy wincy scratchy feeling and is all over before you know it.

Deep breath - you will be fine :)

Good luck you will be fine, its just a little prick u wont feel a thing lol x

Ditto the above posts .... absolutely nothing to fear ... I was feeling the same, but then realised I HAD to get used to it since I'll be pricked a whole lot more for future fills.

It's less painful than a blood test needling. :)

Good luck

Good luck hun, it is normal to panic with the first one, but honestly as the other ladies have said, Its fine xx

Hope it went well, it really doesnt hurt. My only problem is mine has turned over so it made it a bit tricky.

Did they do it under xray? I have only had 1 fill and it wasnt done under xray.

Hi Mells Mr Khan did mine too. He's ports always flip (apparently). My first fill was done under x-ray. My port is flipped, the nurse used to struggle with it, but now she's found a technique and it's as quick as anything!

thanks to everyone for your help. Fill was fine but I had 3.5mls which I think is quite a lot. It was done under xray and I now know my body much better than i used to. Seeing the band in place and the barium going down was fascinating!
Thanks again to you all - excellent as ever
love jo XX

thanks to everyone for your help. Fill was fine but I had 3.5mls which I think is quite a lot. It was done under xray and I now know my body much better than i used to. Seeing the band in place and the barium going down was fascinating!
Thanks again to you all - excellent as ever
love jo XX

Hi Jo, im glad all went well, 3.5 is really good for a 1st fill, i hope you feel some difference from your fill x

i wonder what it is mr khan does that makes his ports flip, i wonder why he dosnt change it, so that they become more stable, i bet he only anchors the port in 2 places, if he anchored it in 3, it probably wouldnt flip, doh!!!!! men!!!

Back