• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First roast dinner since surgery

cheekybum

I am cooking roast beef in the slow cooker today, to have with cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes, and i cant wait ! I haventcooked properly for ages because the OH not being able to eat anything, but he fancies it i fancy it so we will have a go, i picked up the smallest piece of beef in the supermarket, i will probably beable to have at least another 4 meals out of it ! Its really hard to get into the swing of cooking when we are both eating such small portions and once we have the meal we dont want to face it again for some time.

Enjoy it, I did a pre xmas dinner one last week as someone else is cooking my xmas dinner and wanted to make sure that I could tolerate some of it ...and it was fab - so enjoy yours xx

Enjoy it both of you, Im sure you will.....Ive really enjoyed sunday dinner type meals since my surgery :D XX

Enjoy your meal and have a great time.
Love and hugs xxx

When can u have a roast meal? how long do you have to wait? i would love a christmas dinner.I will be 6week on christmas day is that to early.

Wendy, I am 5 weeks, again as long as meat is tender and you chew and chew some more you should be ok, i did not do puree stage as it made me sick so went on to soft with dieticians advice, you know your body better than anybody xx

I am on puree but scared to try new things, i will def try christmas dinner tho, i would love a mince pie

Maybe not as far as a mince pie!! Dont know how the pastry would go down, but again we are all different and it is Xmas after all, you need to try new things and yes you may get something that does not go down very well but be surprised at other stuff, i was surprised how well salad goes down, i know it is mainly water but i had a fear with it and i love it especially with prawns and advocados

I wouldnt try a mince pie either lol.....Im sure the pastry wouldnt like me! I had my first roast dinner at approx 6 weeks and really enjoyed it! I had chicken as its easier to eat than a lot of meats but I can eat most meats now.......usually! Enjoy Christmas dinner...just a ikkle one :D XX

You are lucky Dotty i love chicken but i cant eat it, however much i chew with or without sauce it gets stuck and so does alot of veggies, again, i am fine with pork or beef, my mother in law had chinese the other night and i just nicked a couple of bits of her pork and baby sweetcorn and it was lovely, as you are aware yourself it is all trial and error and a very steep learning curve. What do you have for lunch i always find that difficult to know what to have xx

Lunch times I usually have a few Carrs melts crackers with philly and a babybell. I also have Tescos Melba toasts with philly or low fat brussels pate. Maybe a banana after if I can or a mini muller rice pot. :D XX

Lunchtime I love half a small jacket potato with chilli con carne and cheese, cheese and a bit of coleslaw, tuna/prawn mayo (light) or any left over casserole! I make a pot of chilli and a casserole at least once during the week and freeze a few small portions.

Back