• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First steps to a long battle!!

minxtress said:
On such a high that I've decided its wine o clock!
Been painting my dining room all day I was that buzzing!

Really happy that you have something to smile about now chick :)

minxtress said:
I only ever go to my GP if I really have to because of his negativity. The terrible head aches was down to my weight apparently. My pmt was down to my weight, my heavy menstruals was down to weight, my bowel problems are to my weight, my depression I know is down to my weight. I lost 6 stone 2 years ago and have put it all back on, but even when I was lighter, I still suffered most of these things.
Think thats half the problem I know how it feels to be thin its fresh in my mind, i can taste it, and it tears me apart.
I had a hysterectomy in April, and the Dr who performed it was derogatory about my weight, and I have to go back to see him on 22nd Nov, but he wont be any help. It is basically down to my GP's, so going to ask to see the newest addition to the practice in the hope he will be fresh blood and with more modern ideas.
My partner goes with me to the GPs and is ready to commit murder by the time we leave because I am so upset, but im going to take my mam with me this time as she is more level headed than me, and knows her stuff!
I have just applied online for a loan against my home so if all else fails I have a back up plan. Obviously dont want to go down that road but if its the only way then so be it.

I there have they ever tested you for thyroid?

I have been tested a few times for.thyroid and the receptionist just says alls fine. Personally I'm not convinced as have a lot of other symptoms associated with it but I've heard it can sometimes take years to get an accurate diagnosis

minxtress said:
I have been tested a few times for.thyroid and the receptionist just says alls fine. Personally I'm not convinced as have a lot of other symptoms associated with it but I've heard it can sometimes take years to get an accurate diagnosis

Well I got diagnosed with over active thyroid 10 years ago I went from 23 stone to 14 stone in 5 months and was really ill but had to have glad removed and after that happen with 8 months I went back to 23 stone but now I'm done to 20 so not bad but I'm on pre op diet t the moment and lost 4lb in 3 days

My thyroid tests have been coming back slightly off since I was 9 years old, but wasnt treated for my hypothyroidism till I was 19 years old, I feel if I had of started my Thyroxine earlier I would be as big, and more able to control my weight.
I have the same problem - everytime I see certain GP's they put everything down to me being fat, including my migraines I suffer (load of trott!) eventually I just stopping going to them and seeing GP's who would actually listen to me!
I went through a stage where I couldnt eat because I was constantly vomiting, to which one GP told me it was fine because I was fat and not eating would do me the world of good :rolleyes:

My thyroid tests have been coming back slightly off since I was 9 years old, but wasnt treated for my hypothyroidism till I was 19 years old, I feel if I had of started my Thyroxine earlier I would be as big, and more able to control my weight.
I have the same problem - everytime I see certain GP's they put everything down to me being fat, including my migraines I suffer (load of trott!) eventually I just stopping going to them and seeing GP's who would actually listen to me!
I went through a stage where I couldnt eat because I was constantly vomiting, to which one GP told me it was fine because I was fat and not eating would do me the world of good :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit like my GP minnie, its a pain in the neck going to him for anything. Now its so bad, my friend gets stuff on prescription and gives it to me so I dont have to go through the degradation of seeing them.

What a rude GP!!! So glad mine are much better than that! Wow! The rudeness :(

Urgh bad day today just feels like an uphill struggle again! I'm foreseeing I probably won't even of had my surgery by this time next year and I don't think I can take it.
I can hardly manage to smile most days right now so heaven help me this Time next year.
I think I'm going to have to see my doctor as I came off my anti depressants two months ago but I feel worse now than when I asked to go on them in first place! wonder if its a side effect....like withdrawel. Its horrendous.
Hope I feel bit better tomorrow

minxtress said:
Urgh bad day today just feels like an uphill struggle again! I'm foreseeing I probably won't even of had my surgery by this time next year and I don't think I can take it.
I can hardly manage to smile most days right now so heaven help me this Time next year.
I think I'm going to have to see my doctor as I came off my anti depressants two months ago but I feel worse now than when I asked to go on them in first place! wonder if its a side effect....like withdrawel. Its horrendous.
Hope I feel bit better tomorrow

Going to talk to your doc seems like a good plan (((hugs)))

What's the waiting time like at your hospital?

Really hope you feel better soon. I was a hot mess last week. I know it's not the same. But hopefully you can pull through xxx

well the secretary said the wait is 2-3 years but looking at everyone's info it seems to me from seminar its about a year.....which I know compared to a lot of peoples wait is nothing.
Im just struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel with everything right now.
Thanks fuffs I'm sure il bounce back soon xx

minxtress said:
well the secretary said the wait is 2-3 years but looking at everyone's info it seems to me from seminar its about a year.....which I know compared to a lot of peoples wait is nothing.
Im just struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel with everything right now.
Thanks fuffs I'm sure il bounce back soon xx

Your journey is your journey. Others people's can't put ours into experience. I can understand why the journey ahead feels long. A year does feel long when looking ahead. Nothing when looking back.

Keep venting on here. It may help a little xxx

Well got my seminar at SRH tomorrow evening and I can't wait it seems like the first step to my surgery. I hope from there the wait isn't too long I ideally want to be done by the en of this year

Well got my seminar at SRH tomorrow evening and I can't wait it seems like the first step to my surgery. I hope from there the wait isn't too long I ideally want to be done by the en of this year
woohoo good luck minxtress :) xxx

minxtress said:

That has come around fast since you said you got the appointment! Exciting!!! :)

Ha it has dragged for me but I suppose when I look at the wait you girls have had I'm lucky! The diet starts in earnest tomorrow ready for my dietician appointment next. I don't want to wait til they tell me at that appointment to lose weight I figure if I've already done it t speeds things up a bit!

I feel I has dragged but hey compared to you two I suppose it has!
It will be the dietician apt next where they set me a weight miss target but I'm starting the diet now so I have lost the weight by time I see her to speed things up a bit!

I have been tested a few times for thyroid and the receptionist just says alls fine. Personally I'm not convinced as have a lot of other symptoms associated with it but I've heard it can sometimes take years to get an accurate diagnosis

I finally got diagnosed with hypothyroid disease after having my 2nd daughter at the age of 32. I had been having my TH levels tested for 10 years and they always came back as normal but I have a family history and was tested for the autoimmune anti-body which can causes hypo and it was the highest my doctor had ever seen so he tested me every year until my TH level suddenly went through the roof. I'd ask to be tested again and keep an eye on it just in case.

Glad you're starting to make progress with wls and hope you get the op asap. Its been exactly a year since my seminar and I've been on the waiting list 3 weeks now so worst case scenario it will have taken less than 18 months but hopefully only about 15 which is pretty good for srh x

Ooh how exciting Newcy I bet you jump every time the phone rings! I hope it is a quick process I want my life back again

Seminar done! Didn't learn anything new but was weighed.
Waiting list is 18mnths to 2 years which depressed me I seriously hope it doesn't take that long!

Seminar done! Didn't learn anything new but was weighed.
Waiting list is 18mnths to 2 years which depressed me I seriously hope it doesn't take that long!
oh no what a bummer :( gawd i feel rotten for ya :( xxx

Back