• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band on NHS

You have to have a certain number of posts to access some parts of the forum, like email addresses, private messages etc.

thanks for your advice, I've only just first mentioned it to my GP a week ago, so i'll leave it a couple of weeks and start chasing things. If i'm gonna get a no, i want to know asap so i can look at my options.

Thanks
Lisa x x x

i've heard of that and i don't think so cos i don't think i wake a lot in the night, i just don't get quality sleep. Most of the things that make my life crap are things i've just put up with for years and not necessarily spoken to a GP about so I worry that if somethings not on record, they'll think i'm saying it to qualify for surgery. But the reason i don't mention all these things at the docs is cos there are so many little things, its a vicious circle!

Lisa x x x

You know i feel exactly the same, I could have wrote that comment myself. I know what you mean about sleeping too, its very rare i wake up feeling more awake than when i went to bed.
I dont go to the gp as all i used to get was 'well its becasue your overweight, lose some and it will get better..!!'
So after that i stopped going unless i was in agony from something, then a few years ago looked into getting banded, but was fobbed off (or so i felt )with Xenical which didnt work.

kindred spirit elfie...I felt like if I had broke my leg then in some way it would have been cos i was overweight!!

Lisa x x x

LOL i totally get ye, like if i cut my finger its probably because they are fat ! I know we laugh about it but sometimes its damn annoying ... :mad:

hey, you'll have to keep an eye on me cos if i ever get to the stage of getting an appointment, i want to know how to do all the fancy countdown to appointment stuff!!!!

Lisa x x x

Hi there,

Did you manage to get anything out of your GP?

I'm thinking about going to my GP about getting a band. My BMI is 40.5, I have diet controlled diabetes (I don't know if this counts)

My mum has sleep apnoea, my aunt, nan and uncle are insulin dependent diabetics. We have a high rate of heart disease.

I am constantly exhausted and I'm just getting bigger and bigger. My last Dr tried my with Orlistat (sp?) but no matter how "good" I was I still had major side effects from them so I stopped taking them.

I just don't know what to do now. I need help but don't know where to start.

Back