• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First steps to a long battle!!

The company its with pay it straight to the surgery people so she couldnt really do that.Im trying to tell myself its for a reason and it will happen.....just later than when i want it to!

Ah ok it's a surgical loan that you went for sorry lol I thought it was just from a bank x

Hi Hun if I was u and your friend is ok with it I would see if she would go to her bank or somewhere like that and say it's for a car or something, I think u would have more chance then just set up a DD to her account, it's worth a try hun, good luck tho in whatever you do x

I agree Alison and the interest would be lower too x

Oh no, so sorry honey :( xxx

from me phone :D

she has already tried earlier in the year for a bank loan for something else unsuccessfully so no point really.

minxtress said:
she has already tried earlier in the year for a bank loan for something else unsuccessfully so no point really.

Sorry to hear that xxx hope something comes up for you soon xxx

Stay positive something will come along for you x

I can only put it to the back of my mind now and hope the referral procedure and all the jumping through hoops that goes with it isnt in vain.
Once im referred and have been to seminar...is it still not 100% that i will be a candidate for surgery?

They don't refer if you don't fit the pct guidelines as it would be a waste of time and they are too busy for that. You go to seminar to check YOU want to have the surgery and it's the right thing for you. They explain the whole process all the different surgeries avaiable. After the seminar you have to advise them that you are interested and want to go into the next steps. Which is the meeting with the nurse and dietician. At this appointment you get your weight checked and given a target to hit for your next appointment which is with surgeon. In between waiting for the appointment you are discussed at MDT meeting. Nothing to worry about they just look at your file and discuss if it's the best op for you or if another is better. You may have to see a counsellor and have sleep tests etc I didn't have these. But I think you get told if you need them at the nurses appointment.

As long as you do all they say you will have the op. our pct isn't like others. Basically if you fit the guidelines you have the op you don't have to apply for funding. X

brilliant amy thankyou. That makes me feel a bit better.

your very welcome. i know it doesnt seem like it now but you will move past this and be stronger for it. the time really does fly. best advice would be dont put any weight on and you will wait longer. x

OMG letter came today for seminar for Jan 11th. It has given me such a lift. I know its only the first step but to me it is a bliddy huge one!!!

minxtress said:
OMG letter came today for seminar for Jan 11th. It has given me such a lift. I know its only the first step but to me it is a bliddy huge one!!!

So happy for you!!! And not long to wait!!!! Woohoo!!!

Tatiana said:
Good for you.

What happened about funding in the end?

Tatiana

If you get to seminar at SRH you have funding in place :D

I tried all ways to get the money to go privately but to no avail but.luckily with Sunderland hospital we don't have to apply for funding its all in place luckily.
Seminar discusses the types of procedures available and they weigh you and set your weight.loss ready for dietician appointment from what Amy_m has told me.
Lifted my spirits a lot today.

Excellent news. There is always a reason beyond our understanding why we don't get loans etc, now your pocket won't hurt paying for something to which you are entitled!

Tatiana

Great news good luck hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

On such a high that I've decided its wine o clock!
Been painting my dining room all day I was that buzzing!

Back