• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fleur

snowmum

Fleur de lys tummy tuck
Hi can anyone tell me more about this op and its results as Im advised to go for this option due to the amount ive lost(7stone on Lighter life)
Im especially interested in results, experiences and opinions on the thought of a vertical and horizontal scar versus sticking with my baggy skin!!

hi, i have lost 6 1/2 stone and wil be having the fleur de lys op on 29th december, jus over 3 weeks away. i have found it very difficult 2 find info an people who have had this type of tt. i went 2 c the ps prayin 4 a standard tt an was shell shocked wen he recommended the fleur de lys, i av only known 3 weeks an its made me feel very nervous an un-prepared as i cant get much info on it. as 2 the scars the way i look at it is they wil be hidden in clothes very easy where as now u can see my belly no matter wat i wear, an as 4 not bein able 2 wear a bikini, i dnt care, i havent stepped foot on a beech for 5 years cuz i hated the way i looked so if i can look gd in a swim suit i wil b over the moon, a tummy tuck wont give me a super model figure as i got stretch marks from havin 2 kids an losin all the weight but atleast wen i look down i wont still feel massive. i a size 12 now but wen i look at my tummy i feel more like a 16, i wil b so happy once its gone, if i find any useful info i wil let u knw an wud appreciate if u wud do the same. when are you having your op done, as mine is this month i wud b more than happy 2 post a full diary as no one has done a diary for the fleur de lys that i av seen so it wud help loads of people,
all the best
kirsty x:eek:

Thanks for that, mine is any time in the next 18 weeks. Some time after Xmas. So if you do a diary that would be great. May i ask whereabouts (ish) you are in the country, as one worry I have is that this op is somehow a 'fave' of my surgeons. Silly I know but all sorts of silly worries go through your head pre surgery I guess!!

i am from near birmingham west midlands. i didnt think i wud need this type i was worried i wouldnt even get the normal tt as when i showed my gp he said it wasnt that bad. but when the ps checked while i was lyin down he was pullin an pokin around the top an sides, maybe we could compare before pics, my skin hangs down an starts to fold right round on the side of my hips, he told me the reason for doin this type was because i had a lot of skin at the top as well as the bottom an as i have a very hourglass shaped figure already if i had a standard tuck where they jus pull down i wud av a cube like figure wi no shapes or curves. so by pulling in and down i wil keep my curvy shape but it wil be 10 times better lol. i was actually speakin to a friend last nite who knew someone who had the standard tt she said from the side she was very slim an flat but from the fun looked like a box, no shape to her at all. i wil deffo do a diary it will be so useful cuz there loads of people tryin 2 find out about this type of tt. i wil also inc pics in my diary if i can figure out how to lol

kirsty xx

Sound similar here dont have traditional 'apron' as such (on top of thighs) do have lump above tummy button and when i lay flat a 'pool' of skin on either side of my waist on my flanks if that makes sense? sounds lovely doesnt it? size 12 now but ribs stick out as do hip bones most clothes stuff too smmall on waist Be ointersting to see what happens with sizes after. im a curvy hour glass type fugure as well which is interesting maybe that type of figure holds fat differently to apple type/pear type... just a thought/ how tall r u?Did your PS say anything bout lenght of scar? do the two scars meet?
Keep posting xx

i am 5.6 an 22 years old. i knw wat u mean bout wen u lie dwn, if u lie dwn an pull u fat down an thn pull it in u wil get an idea of wat he means bout the 2 different results. im lookin 4ward 2 see what happens with sizes afterwards 2.
my ps said i wil have the usual scar that wil run from hip 2 hip, then one that runs rite up the middle 2 jus under my chest, the 2 scars wil meet. and he also said that where the 2 scars meet mite be a bit longer 2 heal an can av more problems than a normal tt. but unless the ps thinks the good out weighs the bad he wouldnt recommend it.
if you find any useful info pass it on please.
x

i have got my pre op in the mornin, i am soooo nervous. i hopin they wil give me some info on the op but i doubt it as it only a nurse. prob b all bout the anesthetic an wat 2 do b4 op. will let u knw how it goes xx

hi all. i have had my fleur de lys tt and am now 4 days post op. the results already are amazing and will only get better. my thighs are very swollen at the min but takin arnica for that. day 1 is a bit of a blur, i arrived at 7.30 am saw surgeon, anesthatist an got all marked up then went to theater at 8.45 am. op took approx 3 hours. when i came round i wasnt in much pain as had morphine drip in but that made me very sleepy an was sick 9 times. day 2 was pretty much the same til about lunch time, that was the first meal i managed to keep down. had 2 drains in which werent draining much and had the morphine pump taken off. day 3 felt much better, was able to walk to toilet an have wash on my own. they took drains out an i was home in time for lunch. they told me i would be in for 4-5 days an came home after 3 which i was pleased about as it was new year lol.
since bein home i have been copin really well. my toilet is upstairs so i have had to manage those 2. now 4 days post op, i havin a bit of a bad day today, the sites where the drains were seem to cause most the pain the rest is jus a felling of pressure an when i move the occasional burning pain for a few seconds, overall the pain is much much less than i thought. i went in thinkin i was gonna be in agony but it not actually that bad. the hardest part is gettin comfy but once you have your fine. the back ache is a bit of a killer but the results so far are amazin. i wil post pics tomorrow,

hope this helps

kirsty xx:eek:

Thanks very much thats all really interesting. glad you are pleased with results and that it all is going smoothly so far. You seem positive and its reassuring that its copeable with x keep us informed please its fascinating!

hi snowmum im glad i am able to help, im 1 week post op today an still coping very well. i can almost stand up straight. i find simple tasks like making toast very draining, its a bit frustrating really that i need a rest after butterin toast. i had the muscle repair too which cause's most of the pain, i have been a bit sore today as i had a laughing fit this morning which turned to tears as laughing is the most painful thing at the min. i hopefully havin my stitches out in the mornin but i not sure it fully healed.
will post tomorrow an let you know how that goes.

kirsty x

hey snowmum, i am now 13days post op. i have been doing amazingly well up until today. last wednesday i had my 1st follow up where they changed all my dressings. all stitches are internal so none have to be removed which was a relief. the area where the 2 scars meet at the bottom has not healed yet. they dressed it wednesday an i had 2 go back the next day 2 have it changed an it was leaking through the dressing onto my clothes. went back today to have dressings changer an the bit that isnt healing as fast is actuall a bit worse an where i been moving i had split the bit next to it so i made the wound a bit bigger. sounds worse than it is, i didnt even realise i had done it until they took the dressings off. it had been a bit sorer than normal but i thought nothin of it. i have been gettin around an doin alot more for myself this past week but obviously i been doin too much. they said it be another 2 weeks b4 that area heals an until it does i need to go in a few times a week 2 have it checked. i also have a little bit of swellin under my bust which is like a small fat roll is the best way 2 describe it an if it gets any worse will have to have it drained by syringe. on the plus side i lost 11lb in a week an 1/2 it was mostly swellin but now i weigh less that when i went in which is nice.
i goin back wednesday an the surgeon gonna take a look so i wil let you know how it goes. hopin 2 get pics on soon.
have you had a date for yours yet ??

wow thanks for that , best wishes and keep posting its fascinating ! xxxx

hi, im now 3 weeks an 3 days post op. i have hospital at 2 o'clock today. the area where the 2 scars meet (the t junction) still is not healed. the rest of the scar looks really good an is very neat. i been going dressings clinic a few times a week to make sure it ok. they keepin a close eye on it.
i fell almost normal again now, i can manage daily chores like cooking and light cleaning much easier and im coping much better with the kids as i have a 2 an a 5 year old. i still cant drive for atleast anothe 3 weeks but my husband takes me everywhere so it not too bad. he goes back 2 work monday so im a bit worried how i will cope alone but i have got to start getting back to normal. i still cant bath or shower. my last shower was the 29th of december i feel like such a tramp lol. i obviously was in the sink top 2 toe with flannels and wash my hair over the bath with the shower head but i cant wait to have a nice long soak in the bath.
i workin on the pics i think you need to be a member for so long an post so much b4 u can post pics. i wil put some on asap.
have you got your date yet ??

No date yet but glad you are feeling better. Hope you keep gong from strengh to strentgh

Hi
How are you doing, well I hope. let me know how things are going . Still have no date but know it will be around april 5th.ish. How is your scar looking?
x sam

Back