• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck and Lipo Booked - Advice Needed

Cat Lover Sue

Morning All - I have to say yesterday (Saturday) was the first day I felt really human. Did lots of little bits and bobs around the house - unloading top tray of dishwasher, throwing stuff (literally) into the washing machine and washing up a few pots in the sink. Its the little things, when all of a sudden you can't do them, that you really appreciate!

Have also been ultra lazy and not bothered getting dressed since I got home from Edinburgh. Just wafting around in a nightshirt and knickers. Very therapeutic and also good as my poor skin is still suffering, especially around the armpits. To be honest that's driving me mad more than my tum! Not able to use any deodorant and my pits haven't been shaved for over a week - look like a French Exchange Student LOL :)!!

Going to get dressed today though and venture out in the car to see my step dad to assure him I am still in one piece - don't think he quite believes me when I tell him. Gonna show him a photo of when they took my dressings off - just need to get hubby to crop it a little - too much pubage on show for a 78 year old I think!!

Concentration span is now much improved, as it my general movement. Nothing has really phased me too much, I have to say, and you do find little tricks to get round lifting things. Having a jug by the kettle is good so you can just fill it a little every couple of times you use it. Not mastered feeding the cats yet - but then again the furry feckers could do with dropping a couple of pounds! :)

Sincerely hoping my skin will clear up in time for next Thursday's trip down to Edinburgh to see Mr Stewart for a check up. This heat's not helping! Air con will be on full blast.

Have started to drop my pain relief over the last couple of days. I have been taking my full allowance of 4 doses of paracetamol and 3 doses of Ibruprofen. Managed yesterday with half the amount of paracetamol and so far I haven't taken anything today. Not being a martyr but would prefer to take less tablets if I can. Also been taking a Mutivit and Minerals tablet for an extra boost. I rattle when I shuffle!

So all good here at the mo. Will sort some pics I promise either today or tomorrow. Take care all. XX

tealovingsleever

Sounds like you're doing great. Well done. Will follow with interest!

Cat Lover Sue

Thanks for everyone's positive comments. They are much appreciated.

Toxic Siren - you must be so frustrated not having your date yet. Hopefully they will give you at least a couple of weeks notice.

Quick Update: ended up blacking out again yesterday afternoon when hubbie was changing my dressings. It didn't hurt and I wasn't even apprehensive about it. Think it was a combination of the heat, standing up to take the dressings off (thought it was best as they do go round the sides quite a way) and seeing my wounds! They are very in your face - especially as I have very pale skin so they look like something out of a slasher movie! :). Really they are very neat though and not at all red around them so looks like staying infection free so far. I think it was a bit of a shock that's all. However not a good experience and poor hubbie had to fight to control how I was falling back onto the bed so I didn't damage myself! I have to say it has knocked my confidence quite a bit as for the last 3-4 days things have been so much better. Still at least I know now that when I have my dressings changed and my surgical glue removed on Thursday I will definitely need to be lying down!

Not been successful on cropping photos - many were taken full nude frontal so I'm sure you'll understand why cropping is necessary! :) However, here's one of me not long before hospital discharge, 3 days post op, with the dressings off:

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 10,834
Last edited:

tealovingsleever

Very neat!

I'm sure the heat isn't helping. Keep your fluids up and take it easy xx

Cat Lover Sue

Hi everyone - just a quick update to let you know I have now been two days completely painkiller free! :) Have had no significant pain to speak of, just a few nips so nothing to warrant taking tablets for. Having said that I am going to dose up prior to my check up tomorrow as I imagine its going to be more than a bit nippy when the glue is removed and perhaps a wee bit of drainage. However I am really looking forward to seeing Mr Stewart and seeing how he thinks I am getting on.

Also - this heat is really doing my head in - and remember I'm in the Highlands - we don't do heat LOL :) Cannot imagine how you lot down south are getting on. Its not a good mix with skin rashes and major surgery. My tummy is blowing up something awful making it really tight and uncomfortable - its not red or anything - just down to fluid retention and the heat. Moan, moan! :)

Will update at the weekend when we're back from Edinburgh and will get more pics - must try to get hubbie to get some where he zeros in more on the wound and less on the full frontal nudity! Hmmmmmnnn - LOL :eek: :D

Dizzy79

Omg you did it yay.!! Told you that you would be fine lol Hun I'm just reading n catching up but wanted to say it look fantastic!! Well done xxxx

Cat Lover Sue

Morning Everyone - hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the sunshine? A few degrees cooler here today thank goodness. Yesterday driving back from Edinburgh we had 29 degrees whilst doing 70mph!! Still need a buffer between the lap part of my seat belt and my tummy as its directly on the wound line but instead of the doubled over fleecy blanket I had which was swealtering, we deflated my travel pillow a little and managed to use that instead - worked a treat!! :D It's the little things that make life a wee bitty better!

So to my check up. Mr Stewart is really pleased with my healing - apparently I am blessed with good skin (thanks to no sun exposure since I was about 9 years old) which helps. Didn't need any draining which I was pleased about - I do have some fluid retention but down to the excessive heat and the swelling is where he thinks it should be at this stage - 2 weeks post op. Absolutely no sign of any infection either.

He removed the surgical tape and steri-strips I had over my 3 drain holes - a bit nippy - he just ripped them off whilst laughing away to my husband! :eek: He removed a couple of dissolvable stich ends which were visible - actually that was the worst bit - feeling them being pulled out. He then covered the wound lines in 1cm wide micropore tape and told me that a recent study in Australia for ceasarian scars showed that women who used tape over their incision for 12 weeks had significantly reduced scar thickening. So he told me to keep them covered, just removing and replacing the tape after each shower/bath. I need to do this for 10 more weeks which is fine by me and I actually feel a bit more comfortable knowing I have a thin barrier of protection between the incision and my clothes. Bless him he chucked in a roll of micropore tape for good measure! :)

So that's me not needing to see him now until October. By then all the swelling should be over and done with and we can get a proper look just in case any further action needs taking. He did say any future rebalancing lipo could be done free of charge and wouldn't be too tricky to get sorted out.

Hubbie took a couple of quick snaps when I was lying down which are attached. We will take some more over the next few days of side views whilst I am standing up.

Have to say I am very happy so far with the results even with the swelling. All my overhang has gone which has pulled my lady bits up a little as well :eek: :D. I can see an improvement in my upper tum but this is still very swelled so until this settles down I won't know what the end result will be like - but if its anything like what he has managed with the overhang then I am one very happy bunny.

Now the big dressings are off I have much more movement. Still can't bend down very well but this is getting better every day. I can walk around pretty freely although I still get tired. Have mastered emptying the washing machine with barbecue tongs (as you do) and its amazing how feet and toes can come into their own with switching on plug sockets and picking up mail etc. So I am starting to feel of use round the house - but still no hoovering for at least 10 more days according to Mr Stewart - what a nice man he is LOL.

Driving is still out until I can comfortably wear a seat belt. I think this must vary from person to person depending on where the belt sits on the person's torso. For me its literally on the incision line and is unbearable. There's no way I would get away with it, god forbid I had an accident, and I was sat there with a travel pillow stuffed down my middle!!

So that's me for now. Will update next week. XX

Dizzy - hope your back feels better?

Attachments

• Sue Tummy - 2 Weeks On Pic 2.JPG
    Sue Tummy - 2 Weeks On Pic 2.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 2,266
  • Sue Tummy - 2 Weeks On.JPG
    Sue Tummy - 2 Weeks On.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 7,134

penelope1008

Oh Sue your pics & you are wonderful. Thank you for letting us share in this part of your journey. As I am in the very early stages of starting a possible similar journey myself its great to learn of the things I shall need to expect & ensure I am realistic with my expectations & make the right choices for me & those I love. Taking sensible informed risks not expecting the moon ,sun & stars to be delivered on a plate.
Thank you do much.

Cat Lover Sue

Oh Sue your pics & you are wonderful. Thank you for letting us share in this part of your journey. As I am in the very early stages of starting a possible similar journey myself its great to learn of the things I shall need to expect & ensure I am realistic with my expectations & make the right choices for me & those I love. Taking sensible informed risks not expecting the moon ,sun & stars to be delivered on a plate.
Thank you do much.

Thanks for your kind words Penelope, much appreciated. You are doing the right thing by researching and getting as much info as possible. In some respects it was a bit easier for me as living where I do I am somewhat restricted in my options, but I ended up getting a consultant who is a leader in his field so not too shabby! :D He was also extremely realistic and showed me photos of scars etc.

I am so happy with the lack of overhang and although my swelling is still quite pronounced and will be for quite a while yet, I can really see the difference. To give you an idea of swelling, I was wearing size 12 jeans pre-op. I can only just get on and do up size 16s at the mo. :eek:

Cat Lover Sue

Hi Everyone - just a quick update for you and some photos I promised. This week I have definitely seen an increase in my movement capacity. I can now bend over, albeit slowly and with a slight degree of discomfort, pretty much right to where I would expect to do normally. So that means I can feed the cats, empty the dishwasher, peg the washing out, reach plug sockets etc. Bummer! LOL! I even managed to change the sheets on our bed last night - its a king size and the fitted bottom sheet is pretty tight to do. Managed it but my back was killing me by the time I had done and I had to have a wee sit down! :eek: Dearie me - I have turned into a little old lady!

So I'm thinking about getting the hoover out tomorrow when hubbie is around. Don't want another fainting episode through too much housework exertion now, do I :8855:

Also drove the car a very short distance yesterday. It was fine with my trusty travel pillow stuffed under the lap part of my seat belt. Only difficulties were leaning forward at an angled junction to see what was coming and putting the handbrake on - now that did jar a bit. But boy did it feel good to be driving along in the sunshine.

Also, and I have to say if you are of a nervous disposition, look away now! LOL, I've not seen anyone post any info like this, but just in case you were wondering TT ladies - when I was seeing my Consultant last week for my check up, I asked him how soon you could resume sex after abdominal surgery. His response? "Oh just crack on - you'll be fine"!!!! :D What a guy! So we did :D :D And pleased to report no issues but just need to watch weight positioning over the tummy area.

Sorry if that was too much information and all that but I thought it might be useful for people to know and although I really had a massive beamer :eek: asking, it gave me peace of mind.

So photos. Got hubbie to take these this morning before swelling gets going - incision lines are covered by 1cm wide micropore tape as per Mr Stewart's advice to combat scar thickening. The areas that swell the most are the upper portion either side of the belly button area and you can see I am still swollen either side where the lipo was done. But happy as larry with progress - and did I mention I lost 2lbs when I hopped on the scales this morning?! :D Woo Hoo!! Not so shabby considering I have been no stranger to a choc ice this week!! :eek:

Happy weekend everyone and stay cool - I will when I get my air con re-gassed this afternoon. Anything to get me out of the house, eh! :)

Attachments

• Front Pic - Week 3.JPG
    Front Pic - Week 3.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 430
  • Side Pic - Week 3.JPG
    Side Pic - Week 3.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 435
  • Side Pic 2 - Week 3.JPG
    Side Pic 2 - Week 3.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 584

tealovingsleever

Sue thanks so much for sharing with us. Can I ask how far out of surgery you are? I think you look fab. So flat. So jealous. I hate my overhang and my lady bits need yanking up!

penelope1008

Sue you look amazing if I get the ok from the consultant & the funding your results & trouble free recovery are a guiding light for the pros list. As I make my pros & cons to help me decide should things work out if I'm actually brave enough to go ahead.
Thank you so much.

Crackers169

Sue that is looking amazing. Thanks for all the info - it is great to hear someone's experience.

This weather is amazing isn't it. Hope it continues. We are hoping to be up north (Poolewe then Dornoch sometime between 30 July and 11th August).

Crackers x