• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flu jab

Paula1975

Is it best that we get the flu jab after wls, I'm hoping to start calcium iron etc this week, but just curious as to whether we should also be getting flu jab

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had it last year for the first time have been offered it in previous years but refused it. However I have allergic asthma which tends to occur more this time of the year, and with nt eating a lot and working in a school I did it last year and supposed to ahve it this wed but have had acold and have anasty cough now so we will see. xx I had noi side affects from it at all x

My view on vaccinations is that if you can get it, take it :eek: Anything where you have any reduced immunity should make you think about having it.

I've had the flu jab & pneumonia jab forever as have have had proper flu once and pneumonia in the same lung twice, one of the latter was a heart stopping moment as my asthma goes a bit loopy even when I get a cold.

Had mine early October, no side effects this year - woo hoo :p

My GP suggested that I had it so I have, the only reason for me was WLS, I don't have anything else on the list!

Got mine in the morning. Had the pneumonia last year. I'd say get it !
xx

I always have it due to asthma. I have no side effects x

Oo I'm seeing my GP tomorrow for a chat about how I'm doing so I might see if they will give it too me. I'm asthmatic and use to get it but now I'm no longer taking steroid inhalers they don't offer it anymore. I'll see what she thinks as I've had one cold since the the bypass and I felt it hit me much harder than normal but I was only 3 months out so it might have been I was still recovering.

I have turned into one of those patients that ususally annoy me and say - ohhh I'm not having it, it gives you the flu...every year I go through the whole Blah blah - it's not a live vaccince it wont give you the flu or stop you getting coughs and colds etc... However some of you will probably laugh as I have had it the last 2 years and been ill - now I know the sensible ones of you out there will be saying...that's just your body converting the antibodies etc...but I have not been as ill as either time - so much so I ended up in hospital last year...so I have joined the bunch of old cantancerous gits that say "I'm not having it"! I have never had flu in my life so figure if I have managed to get to 45 without it - I can probably do another 45 years without it too - I will however share the joy with you all if I do get flu this year... which will only be a good thing as it will add to the weight loss!! Ha ha xx

Had it this morning ( despite having a bad cold and terrible cough) and no side effects so far.
I have known two perfectly health women die from flu so I'm a BIG believer in this jab xx

Remember it is normal to feel a bick ugh two to three days after it. I have had it for 3 years, my arm aches and I get tired. And the only year I have ever had flu is when I first got the jab... but I work in a hospital so dread to think what I am picking up...

Back