• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For once, I've gained!

Mixman

Well, for once, I've gained :(

I've cycled 164 miles in a week and I've gained! Let's hope it's muscle. But then I've just done 3 night shifts and that throws my eating and exercising out of the window!

Bang on 18 stone this morning gained 1lb :cry:

Its got to be muscle :D I wouldnt worry with a 1lb gain you have done fabulously well take care xx ;)

Don't let this get you down Mixxy. It will be all the exercise & muscle build up. Just look at how far you've come!

:)That'll be pure muscle Mixy:)
Your legs must be rock solid after all that cycling

It could be muscle but it could also be water retention especially if your eating patterns have gone a bit mad. From past posts you always eat well and exercise so it can't be anything serious in your diet. I know it's easy to say but try not to worry as sometimes it can turn into a bit of a cycle you get diheartened and then you eat crap etc. You have always been in the right frame of mind mixy so this little blip will soon be over and you will once again be on the road to losersville x x x

I told you, you must have buns and thighs of steel by now with all that cycling! Worry not Mix, it will be gone in a blink of an eye and (no doubt) taken lots of it's close friends with it xx

Im definately going to go along with the muscle mass theory.
My surgeon told me that if I started very regular exercise then my weight loss would slow right down for a while because muscle weighs more than fat and whilst the poundage would slow, the inchage wouldnt and my shape would change.
You are doing so much exercise that it HAS to be muscle mass.
Try not to worry about it, it will soon come off.
Steph xx

I agree with everyone else and would go so far to say you should throw away the scales and just concentrate on your body shape now.... maybe just weigh yourself once a month to keep track. You are in full control of your food intake and have an excellent healthy attitude towards it, so unless you start slipping back to old ways, which I can't imagine you will, I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Mixxy you have heard the wise words, i honestly don't think you were griping or worrying about the 1lb gain. You know you have still done all the hard work and it will be muscle....

But.... have you thought of doing other exercise in place of the cycling at times? I think it was actually you who may have advised someone to shake up their exercise regime once when they were on a stall.... Just a thought! Maybe you could take your fiance 'Ceroc' dancing lessons or something along that line you could both join in? It's great fun and is hard work lol xx

Mixxy you have heard the wise words, i honestly don't think you were griping or worrying about the 1lb gain. You know you have still done all the hard work and it will be muscle....

But.... have you thought of doing other exercise in place of the cycling at times? I think it was actually you who may have advised someone to shake up their exercise regime once when they were on a stall.... Just a thought! Maybe you could take your fiance 'Ceroc' dancing lessons or something along that line you could both join in? It's great fun and is hard work lol xx

I cycle when I am at my fiancé's in Hull. When I am working and at home in Sheffield I go on the Cross Trainer and lift weights.

I'm not actually too worried, I've read a lot about this since my operation and I always get wonderful advice and encouragement from here.

It's just that it's a gain and it's been over 9 month since that happened :D

bah 1lb gain is nowt, muscle i expect, you have done tremendoudsly so far and a total inspiration to everyone here .x

I cycle when I am at my fiancé's in Hull. When I am working and at home in Sheffield I go on the Cross Trainer and lift weights.

I'm not actually too worried, I've read a lot about this since my operation and I always get wonderful advice and encouragement from here.

It's just that it's a gain and it's been over 9 month since that happened :D

Mickie, i've read lots of posts on here from people worrying about stalls/gains and heard the worry in their post... I got none of that from your post, i knew you wasn't worried about it...

Just thought you might like to do a bit of a mixxy up with it and possibly share it with your fiance. Although thinking about it you could get a tandem and go riding together. My aunty and uncle used too all the time lol xx

ps, make sure you sit at the back, not only to enjoy the view but also to make sure she's peddaling lol :)

Oh defintely the muscle. And anyway you are doing so well, your weight loss is amazing.

Back