• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FORCEVAL

I know it's expensive, MUCH more expensive than your run of the mill multi vitamins. But then again we're nut run of the mill patients either ;)

Hi Blueeyes, I've been prescribed Forceval since just before my op too.
For the few weeks after your op that you may have difficulty swallowing the Forceval you could try Bassetts soft ' n' chewy.

Here in Huddersfield all bypassers are prescribed Forceval from the day of their op - they have to squeeze it out of the capsule till on solids - it does well in strawberry mousse apparently!!

It is the only vitamin prep with all the vitamins and minerals needed in - it is also the only one with a re colouring in E124 - to which I have an allergy.

I'm prescribed Centrum - but I've not been able to get it for a while - it was withdrawn - so I've had to but Sanatogen but apparently Tesco's own multivits/minerals is about the best there is!!

xxx

I have been on them for nearly 2 years When I asked in the chesmist they were about £8ish a box so not much more than the price of a prescription

So overall they seem to be very popular and a preferred choice for many. That confirms my decision to ask for them when I see the GP this week.
Thank you ALL for your help - this forum truly is invaluable.

Oh, I'm not on solids, but fully expected to take MASSIVE pills already. I had tremadol in hospital that melted in your mouth but from day two they gave me pills alright and I take a few things in liquid form now (week 1) but some meds are pills/capsules.

Night x

We use bassetts soft and chewable multivitamins for teenagers, they have alot more stuff in than most of them, and works out about £4.50 a box, both sets of dieticians said they were a great choice. xx

Thank you Pinky... what is the name on the box please? So sorry to trouble you.

Thank you xxx

They are called Healthy! Sainsbury's A-Z Multivitamins & Minerals. 90 tablets cost £4.00, but they are on 3 for the price of 2 at the moment.

Hey Blue eyes.... I spoke to Karen at CX at the post op appointment, and I asked her about forceval - she said when we had used up the small vitamin tablets we had prescribed after the op, our GP would prescribe forceval - I have just been to the Dr this evening and he has added it to my repeat prescription. karen also said we should start chewing Calcichew after 3 months - so she should prescribe them next time I go in March. xxx

Back