• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Freezing Cold Part 2

Bellydancer57

Please can anyone tell me why every now & again my temperature just plummets & I am so cold? This happened again the other day on a perfectly normal temperature day I had to be covered in 2 blankets, have a hot water bottle & the heating on. My hands & feet were like ice. My family got quite worried. I haven't got a doctors appointment for a while but if it keeps continuing I will go. I used to have high blood pressure but since my sleeve this is now perfectly normal & consistent. Any thoughts or explanations? Thx

I think it's your body is getting used to the wl.

We have less fat to keep us warm I am the same I feel the cold so easily.

Don't panic to much unless you start feeling I'll!

However telephone your team for reassurance x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am like that 98% of the time wondered if i would get a tan this year but when it was nice 2 weeks ago it was lovely most days I am not warm until i have been in the bath each night i put on my jim jams bed socks n dressing gown, then the flushes start dressing gown on then off then on all night long take my socks off for bed flushes start again then through the night wake up freezing again, at work they are all stripped off and i am all fastened up, we had a meeting after work in the warm weather, they opened the windows I was shaking with the cold and had goose bumps. Just something we have to endure now. xx

I'm weird , felt the cold first few weeks , but not now .

It happens on meal replacements too, I think what people say is when you consume very little calories your body sort of goes into preservation mode. Like it saves it's fuels which is why your hair falls out and you feel more cold as it does not want to waist extra cals making your body warm. It got better for me now I'm a few months out and eating more cals x

Thx guys. Just popping on the electric blanket LOL

Freezing cold.

Yes, its happening to me as well and several other post op people I know. It's normal. Don't know why!! Don't you feel stupid with a hot water bottle, blankets, fire on when everyone else is boiling. Doctor said my thermostat is shot. I find it easiest to tackle the problem as soon as it starts. Cover your head and shoulders with a fleecy blanket immediately and put the fire on low. Wear socks. It will soon pass and soon you will be sweating. Hope this helps.

Thx lynnwolves yes it does. Think it would be best if I tackle it as soon as I feel the slightest coldness. Yes feel a right twit covered in blackest with hot water bottle. Family laughing at me as I used to walk around in mid winter like I was in the Caribbean. How the mighty has fallen LOL

Back