• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Full of regret

seawaves

Hi everyone first of all i would like to say a big thank you to Jan, for keeping you all updated and for all your kindness, i feel honoured to have such a great group of friends.
However as you know i wasn't well when i came round blood pressure was 98/40 so didn't make me feel so good! Ended up on sorts of drips etc, but yes came out fighting. So now i'm home feeling not to bad in myself (don't like those injections!) & i know you might think i'm crazy at this early stage but i feel hungry :eek: & i'm missing food, so yes right now i'm full of regret but hey not much i can do about it now :rolleyes: so you may not see much of me around for a bit need to get out of this depression i'm in, love to all x

chin up sweetpea, you ve been through a very traumatic time, your mind needs to catch up with your body.... dont be a stranger tho we'll keep you going its very common what your feeling...

(( hugs)) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seawaves we all go through it in different ways. I have on the odd occassion regretted it.

Big hugs and hope you feel better soon.:)

I hope you feel better soon Em, just concentrate on getting well and look after yourself x

Post op blues is a terrible thing but I would advise you to stay in touch with us here and not withdraw into yourself.
Everyone is rooting for you and I hope you will continue to post through this tricky time so we can help you rather than try and struggle on alone. There's no need to do it by yourself lovey x

Ems, you have been battered both physically and mentally by your surgery.... Get away from here for a little while and get your strength together. You will climb out of this dark hole and will start to enjoy your life again, i promise you! As for being hungry, i too was hungry a couple of days after surgery, soup just didn't cut it for me xxx

oh take care sweet heart and remember a general anaesthetic can make you feel low in mood. chin up x x x

hope you feel better soon hun, it does take a while to get your head round it though, it will get better
xxxx

Im sure after a few days you will feel better Em, like everyone says its probably after effects of the surgery. Hope you feel better very soon both physically and mentally (HUGS) X

Hi Sea, I have been following your threads on the pre op diet.

Please dont give up now, you have done the hardest thing !!

Im sending you lots of hugs your way and hoping your feeling better soon..

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Hi Em.,

Thanks so much for your text messages and I've been thinking about you so much....

The worst is over for you now Angel... plus you must be feeling worn out after this week... and so drained.... relax, rest and recover precious... take your time...

But please hold onto us, since you are part of our family and are always close in heart and thought....

Get some rest and warmth love and hope we can catch up tomorrow... hugs and love always

Bev xxx

hiya luv - sorry your having a rough time of it at the mo! hope you feel better soon! keep posting so we can keep an eye on you xxxx youl get through this!
just think.... its only the 1st couple of months you cant eat, soon you will be back on solids and loveing your new shrinking body! chin up luv get plenty of rest, sip loadsa water and enjoy the ride... you wont regret it when your a size 12 and luving life!
loadsa luv and a big hug
keeley x

Emma....
You do what you have to do,we will all be here when you feel up to talking again....
as Bev has said...look after yourself and get your body healed and your head straight..
I am sending virtual hugs... xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Em

Sorry to hear you`re not feeling too good hun. I guess surgery affects people in different ways.

Hope you start feeling a lot better both physically and mentally and you get your va va voom back!

Keep an eye on us but don`t dissapear for too long as everyone will worry about you.

Take good care of yourself Em

Love and Hugs Kat xx

hun, dont worry i am feeling the same. I am GAGGING for some proper solid food but know i will ruin eveything if i have something. I dont think i have felt hunger so far, just the want for food. Im still on yogurts till tuesday so am gagging for some other consistency.
I actually burst out crying over wanting some cooking cabbage! Bloomen cabbage!! Of all the things to get upset over. But my gosh it smelt goooooood :) xxxxx

I instantly regretted my operation as soon as I came round and that feeling didn't go for a good 2 months.

You'll be grieving for your previous eating habits as it's been a source of comfort to you for most of your life (well it was with mine) and I didn't want to let that feeling go. I grieved for a long time for all the food I couldn't eat any more and of course, because I couldn't have it, it was desperate to eat it. It doesn't help that you can only eat sloppies either. But once you do progress onto solids and settle down into a proper eating routine you'll come to realise how much different foods you can actually eat.

I struggled really badly for 2 months and eventually had to go back on anti-depressants (I have a history of clinical depression). But I slowly realised that I was eating more diverse foods and that I could occasionally taste something that was naughty and be glad that a taste was all I needed to satisfy my craving rather than overeating.

Allow yourself time to grieve for your previous life. You have the right to feel regret for your op but it does improve, slowly but surely you'll come to appreciate the tool you've been given to improve your life.

Best of luck hun hope you pick up soon xx

Hi Em. You've had some great advice already sweety. You've had a tough time and you're grieving food (so did I) and to be honest, the sloppy food stage gets a bit boring.
BUT I'm sure you're going to come through this. Get loads of rest, come on here when you feel able (otherwise I'll be checking up on you on FB!) and I'm praying that in a week or so from now, you're going to feel so much better.
Sending loads of love and hugs
Charis xxx

Back