• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hoping 4 a gastric band on nhs

twinklyhb

hi this is my first post i have been checking out this forum 4 a while i have been 2 the doctors this morning and asked to b refered for a gastric band and gave him my family`s health history and other info hes sending me 4 blood tests first and wants to see me in 2 weeks so fingers crossed he will refer me as my weight has yo-yoed for the past 25 years and now is the time to sort it once and for all ! could people let me know where things go from here, docs wise and how long is the wait about for surgery if i get the go ahead im in sunderland well penshaw, lots of ?s

Hi Twinkly, welcome out of lurkerdom :) Can't help with the questions but I'm sure one of the north-easterners will be along shortly.

hi twinky, i was nhs banded in sunderland, and if refered you will be seen at sunderland royal hospital by my surgeon.

im not far from you im in boldon :) do you know it ?

liz xxx

hi yes i go belly dancing on a monday night at boldon methodist church hopefully with a lot less belly soon how long did u have to wait for surgery ?

it was approx 9 months, the waiting times now is about 12 months.

Hi Heather, i live in the southeast and my dr referred me to St Richards Hospital in Chichester in June or July of last year and I got an appt for 17th April this year so it was a fair wait for me! Can't comment about up north but as for South East there are many others on here and the wait is around 6 months for us to get the band or bypass. I am now on the list for a bypass so fingers crossed. You basically feel like you have been forgotten but suddenly you get a letter or a phone call and then once you see the consultant if they feel you should have it they will put you on the list for approval. There didn't seem to be much discussion about my funding but appears I am getting it. No-one from the NHS seems to confirm anything these days but I am certain you will be listened to so good luck with your jounery. Everyone on here is amazing and I only joined a few weeks ago and I can't stay away! Lots of love Laura xx

thanks laura i will no doubt b full of ? over the next few weeks its actually such a relief to go to the doctors and spill the beans that i need some help !! i was amazed that he didn`t just give me my marching orders and listened to what i had to say i feel a lot more positive about things x h

how long did it take for u to get from docs to see the surgeon for referal xh

after being refered they will send out an appointment to go to a group meeting for new patients.

hi just got an app to see nurse do you no what the goal weight she gives you
please

hi christine this is a very old sunderland band and the thread starter went private in the end, i run sunderlands support group so if you have any questions then if i can help i will.

the target weight set will be a realistic one thats can be easily met with in the time scale given, it varies from patient to patient and their bmi ect, i must advise that leaving it till the last couple of weeks to lose the set target isnt a good idea and not really achievable as some have found out the hard way by leaving it as long as possible and ended up crash dieting which isnt good... good luck xxx

Back