• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band

juliebirch

Hello everyone nice to meet u all. I am new on here my name is julie I had my band 3 months ago I've got 6mls in my band feel the restriction but not to much I've not lost any weight yet getting worried ? dose it mean I've not found my sweet yet??

Last edited:

los in it

Hello and a warm welcome to you
I cant help you with your question but im very sure that someone will swing by with all the answers in the meantime take care of yourself and all the very best with everything

siana58

I've not long been banded and haven't had any fills yet, but am eating like I do and the weight is shifting. I find My Fitness Pal app a godsend as it really steers me into making good choices food wise. Maybe a chat with nutritionist would help?

top_kat

if you've not lost anything you need to be looking at what foods you are eating and in quantity. The band will only do so much of the work and you really have to make big changes in what you eat too...l

siana58

Absolutely, I have only minor restriction but at 9 weeks post op lost an amount of weight that I am pleased with BUT I have to work at keeping diet healthy, high protein, low carb and fat. Also restarted exercise. My band keeps actual (but not head) hunger at bay and reminds me not to shovel it down like I used to. If I tried I could eat a plate of chips, but what then would be the point of the expense, worry and the rest of having the op ? Saying that, went out for breakfast this morning and just logged it onto my fitness pal, blimey I'm going to have to go for a long walk to burn that off, and have a plain salad for dinner tonight.....got to find the balance between what the band can and can't do, didn't stop me tucking into eggs Benedict this morning :(

juliebirch

Thanks for the advise luv nice to meet you I have she said I need to fined my sweet spot first was woundering if anyone has experienced this x

siana58

As far as I can see on here some find it and some don't, I think it's more about sticking to the food rules....but I'm no expert

Crystalrainbow

Hi hun and welcome to a fab friendly site.... like the others have said, its about helping your band too..... following the rules will help amazingly .........i'm still empty after being banded over a year ago, and have lost over 9 stone since the band...all achieved by following the rules .........20 20 20 eating from a small plate.... right foods and exercise......all the best hun x x x hope weight starts to shift soon x x x

siana58

Seriously, have a look at My Fitness Pal if you have something like an I phone (I don't, I have it on my tablet) You put it your details and it will work out an approximation of what cals, grams of protein etc you need and you just log your food and activity, really informative. I believe that you can scan barcodes with it too but that's waaaay too technical for me....
Takes a the guesswork out, and also for me highlighted when I was going wrong...

top_kat

Thanks for the advise luv nice to meet you I have she said I need to fined my sweet spot first was woundering if anyone has experienced this x

You need to be making changes now and moving forward as its a long journey, those changes and healthy food choices are what really work with the band regardless of restriction. Also, it can take a long time to get there, if you do. Not everyone finds restriction and so you could be a long time waiting, but even with a stack of fills if you eat the wrong foods you won't lose.

It's a tool that does a % of the work, everything else is down to us and the choices we make.

juliebirch

Thanks luv I have added my fitness pal to my phone that sana58 suggested been shopping got all my fruit ,salad, veg , chicken time to sort myself out thanks lady's for the help xx

juliebirch

Just to let you lady's know started my fitness pal on Monday and already lost 8lb ? thanks everyone for being helpful ? xx