• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

Hey PG, been following you for a while and you are a true inspiration!! Loving the new photo you look fantastic, i just hope I can match that triumph! Keep it up girl! :)

B= Grapefruit and prunes
L= Salami and cottage cheese on two crackerbreads
T= 4oz lamb steak

Snacks 1 fortimel
I yoghurt
2 cheese crackers and cheese on
1 Pint of semi skimmed milk

See Nic, im getting better!!!! LOL x

Yes you are Jayne you just needed a nudge in the right direction, keep it up lady you are on the right track now! Keep posting here so we can help you if you struggle.

Nic;)

B= Yoghurt
L= Bacon sandwich. Two slices back bacon and one slice bread
T= Four ounce of home made lamb burger,

Snacks. one fortimel, 1 pint semi skimmed milk, two celery sticks with extra low fat garlic cheese mmmmmmm and supper two crispbreads with cheese on

milky coffee
pot of ambrosia rice pudding
milky coffee
gammon, mash, broccoli, cauli, peas and sweetcorn
milky coffee
minced beef curry
sliced gammon

Terry just noticed your weightloss, fantastic girl keep it up you must be very pleased ;):):)

B - protein shake....caffe latte flavour with extra coffee and vanilla protein
D - Chicken Liver salad
T - MASSIVE chicken salad
2 breakfast bars and packet of french fries
Felt sooo peckish for something sweet...ate the bars then threw them up! :( not good

Why did i not take notice of this thread earlier!

I know i havent been around much, but ive hit a brick wall with my weight loss, and coming on here and reading through some old threads has made me realise ive stopped eating enough protein, and my carbs have crept up. So today, at lunch time, when i realised, ive decided to increase my protein intake.

Itse been good reading through this thread. I got some great ideas for what to eat.
Im going to increase eating LF cott cheese, LF cheese, eggs, meat such as chicken pork etc, seafood, meat for lunch, such as turkey, ham, chicken from the deli.

Is there anything else i can eat, and is it ok to have few carbs?

Someone, think shell or phatgirl, once made a crustless quiche, how did u do that - just mix it all together and cook in oven?

Oh and is there a particular brand of whole wheat tortilla's to buy, are there LF versions? Are they ok once in a while?

Also, ive got hair loss at the mo too, quite noticeable to me, will increasing protein stop this? I already take selenium supplements like my cons suggested.

Thanks everyone x

Oh and Phatgirl & Shell - fab recipes, and great weight losses, hope i do as well as u two! x

:)
Why did i not take notice of this thread earlier!

I know i havent been around much, but ive hit a brick wall with my weight loss, and coming on here and reading through some old threads has made me realise ive stopped eating enough protein, and my carbs have crept up. So today, at lunch time, when i realised, ive decided to increase my protein intake.

Itse been good reading through this thread. I got some great ideas for what to eat.
Im going to increase eating LF cott cheese, LF cheese, eggs, meat such as chicken pork etc, seafood, meat for lunch, such as turkey, ham, chicken from the deli.

Is there anything else i can eat, and is it ok to have few carbs?

Someone, think shell or phatgirl, once made a crustless quiche, how did u do that - just mix it all together and cook in oven?

Oh and is there a particular brand of whole wheat tortilla's to buy, are there LF versions? Are they ok once in a while?

Also, ive got hair loss at the mo too, quite noticeable to me, will increasing protein stop this? I already take selenium supplements like my cons suggested.

Thanks everyone x

Oh and Phatgirl & Shell - fab recipes, and great weight losses, hope i do as well as u two! x

Hi Fedup

i am having the same problems, my hair is dropping out for fun :( its been doing this for about a month now. I have not been having enough protein and my weightloss has slowed down. I have had help from Nic and i have increased my protein in the last couple of days see if this helps.
I found that if I come on here and post my daily menu then it helps me focus and stay focused. If you scroll back a bit have a look at what i posted the other night and see what Nic did for me she is such a help :D:D

I have trouble eating enough protien and ive started to have fortimel again YUK but it does help.
Tuna is what ive been advised to have too.
Hope this helps you
Jayne

Today my diet has not been as good as it was but have not felt up to much today.

B= grapefruit
L= two once of ham
T= double cheese burger, took bun off just ate burger and cheese

Snacks fortimel, 1 pint milk. Two crackers with lf cheese on

Ok so 1st day of eating more protein:
B: 1.5 LF sausages, and 1 slice 50/50 crustless toast (lol my lil boys bread!)
L: Tikka flavoured chicken breast, about 20g protein.
T: Chicken, mashed pot, carrots, sweetcorn, 1 small y.pud, and gravy.
Snacks so far: 4 WW cheese triangles, 4.5g protein in each. 2 light Babybel, 4 crab sticks.

Is this ok?^

Which nuts can i eat? I looked today, and they seemed to be loaded with fat? Plus, noticed people having pepperami, thought they were very fattening?

Stocked up again today, and ive got cottage cheese, light baby bells, ham, some salsa to give me some flavour, LF sausages.

Are there any yogurts high in protein but LF? I see most of u take a protein supplement, will it really help if i take one?

Last edited:
Yest
B - slice of toast
D - chicken salad
T - Bowl of chilli
Snacks - harvester cereal bar

Today
B - Jordans cereal bar
D - medium sushi from tescos
T - chicken, slad and boiled pots
Snacks - lots of fattening pretzels and a hadful of pringles. (member of my staff was leaving so I brought in lotsa sh*tty food for everyone to eat)

TMI BUT...
I just nearly passed out. I got a stomach ache, felt like i needed to open my bowels (sorry!) when i got to toilet, i had really loose stools. I got a really bad stomach, i went red hot, sweaty, and almost passed out. Hubby says ive gone very pale. Ive never felt so dreadful. Still feel off now, but not like i was. Do u think its cos of the sudden diet change?

oooh hun - to me it sounds like a dumping syndrome scenario...but looking at your food I cant see any triggers....someone else might know and be along soon - feel better babes xx

Today's intake

B=fortimel
L=two crackers with cheese
T= 4 oz lamb steak, green beans and one new potato

Snacks 1 packet hula hoops

Not really eaten much today but hope to do better tomorrow but my protein level has increased as ive lost more weight this week but dont weigh until Saturday.

TMI BUT...
I just nearly passed out. I got a stomach ache, felt like i needed to open my bowels (sorry!) when i got to toilet, i had really loose stools. I got a really bad stomach, i went red hot, sweaty, and almost passed out. Hubby says ive gone very pale. Ive never felt so dreadful. Still feel off now, but not like i was. Do u think its cos of the sudden diet change?

Sorry to hear about your turn on the loo. When I first had my bypass I was like this for 2 weeks until I found out that it was the milk I was lactose intolerant at that time. Im not like it now but it does sound a bit like dumping. I get bad cramps before I need to go but not usually the slops, im the other way at the moment!
Hope you soon feel better.
Have you had the sausages before? I cant eat them as they make me sick *litterally*!! LOL just a thought it may be that???

Breakfast - Jordans cereal bar
Dinner - Chicken Salad
Tea - Chicken stir fry
Snacks - Packet of walkers crisps

Todays intake

B=fortimel 20mgs protein
L=tin of tuna with some salad cream *dont like mayo*!
T= pot noodle *half of one*

snacks 1 pt of s/s milk
1 pkt hula hoops

simmed milk milky coffee
B/F 1 slice bacon, 4 mushrooms, 2 cherry toms, 1oz low fat mozzarella.
Lunch 4oz prawns, slice pinapple.
Tea total 0% yogurt, 1oz mixed nuts, blueberrys, blackberrys.
2 lattes

Can I ask what this fortimel is?
Sal x

Back